You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

I don't think he wants a new deal. He'd have signed one by now if he did.

I know what your saying but on the other hand, why is Klopp bothering even playing him if he’s defo leaving in the summer? He’s not so indispensable that he’s needed every single game, the midfield functions at basically the same level whether it’s Can-Henderson-Coutinho or Wijnaldum-Henderson-Coutinho, unless Klopps trying to play him into a new deal.

I know what your saying but on the other hand, why is Klopp bothering even playing him if he’s defo leaving in the summer? He’s not so indispensable that he’s needed every single game, the midfield functions at basically the same level whether it’s Can-Henderson-Coutinho or Wijnaldum-Henderson-Coutinho, unless Klopps trying to play him into a new deal.

Lack of squad depth is the simple answer,and a CL campaign which adds another half a dozen games,minimum,to the season.

Lack of squad depth is the simple answer,and a CL campaign which adds another half a dozen games,minimum,to the season.

I'm not sure about this, otherwise Origi would still be here and Sakho may have been given a chance to get back in to boost numbers. Something odd is going on with Can as he is far from the top tier in the division (compare to Alexis Sanchez who is certainly on his way and plays simply because potentially he is Arsenal's best player). If he was definitely off I'm pretty sure Klopp would have booted him out without hesitation. He may have given the impression to the club that he is still considering his options, one of which is signing a new deal, the other of course is he's signing for another club when he can.

If Klopp knew he was on his way, I'm not convinced he would be in the team unless of course he has bigger plans for the team than the current players who are involved.

To be honest I do not see anything odd about a player we are paying to play football playing football for us.

It would be odd - extraordinarily odd - if he wasn't.

The club were paying Sakho to play and he didn't get a sniff.

Think I’ve said all this on Can, but can’t remember. Good player, but still a question mark as to whether or not he will be worth a place in the midfield in the team we are becoming. At present it’s borderline and when Keita comes I think he will be more of a squad man.

He’s therefore protecting his own interests by not signing a deal with us and he will then assess the options as it winds down. With no transfer fee he will likely have several good CL teams to choose from. Whether or not he starts for them remains to be seen, but a good young midfielder on a Bosman will attract a lot of interest.

I suspect that the sort of wages we’d have to give him to stay, when compared to the signing on fee and wages he will attract in a few months, means we’d really need to break the bank, and for me he’s not a good enough player to break the back for. I’m sure we’ve offered a very good wage to him, probably more than generous, but he is going to test the market and see what options he will attract. In the meantime he has his uses and Klopp should play him as he sees fit. There’s been no falling out like there was with Sakho, so Klopp is not going to cut his nose off to spite his face.

Emre Can has opened up on his Liverpool future amid interest from Juventus – and has refused to rule out Jurgen Klopp quitting Anfield for a return to the Bundesliga.

The Germany midfielder was the subject of a summer approach from the Serie A champions and they are expected to come back in for him when the transfer window opens again in January.

Can will be out of contract at Anfield in June and discussions over a new deal have so far reached an impasse – meaning the German’s departure from Liverpool is looking increasingly likely.

And the player has done little to dampen talk he could be off, when questioned on his future by Kicker.

Discussing Juve’s interest, Can said: “It’s always an honour to receive an offer from such a renowned club, but currently I am only focused on the season with Liverpool. My agent takes care of the rest,.

“The Premier League is just a really cool league, the most interesting in the world, but you must always respect other big clubs and leagues.”

Can also refused to rule out the possibility that he could be joining Klopp at Bayern Munich next season, with the Bundesliga champions considering their long-term options, having named Jupp Heynches as their boss until the end of the season.

When questioned about Klopp’s future, he teased: “You never know what will happen. And I don’t what Jurgen Klopp plans.”

Letting Can go would just really sum us up. Good signing for £10 million, develop him to look a real solid player with huge scope for improvement and then let him go. He should be in the team ahead of Henderson every week, he's best as a DM despite him ability to score goals.

Disagree completely. He treads water quite often and makes Henderson look like a sprinter. A pretty poor DM but will probably prosper in a slower league.