You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (May 3 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Immense in the way we far exceeded our expections at the start of the season and did it playing some of the best football in Europe.

Im with you though that we have lost a golden opportunity and it will be a few years before we challenge again.

It took a fantastic run to get here and next year with more games and other teams improving it will be very difficult and I don't see it happening.

I guarantee that last August you wouldn't have had us down to be second on goal difference with two games to go. Next season we're another year into Rodgers plan, we've got young players a year older and more experienced, we'll have a decent wedge for the transfer market and a growing reputation that makes us attractive. We're where we are on merit not luck and I'd fancy us to beat anyone - it won't always happen of course, but we shouldn't go into games worried. All this "oooh but such and such will buy such and such," well so will we, and I rate our manager over the others out there. This is is very much the start of something big we're building , you should all get on board and enjoy the ride after years of nothing to look forward to past Easter.

You've just given yourself away as a pure WUM with that 'Gerrard 19' remark. If it wasn't obvious before.

WTF?

Think whatever paranoid shit you want, but i ain't trying to wind up anyone, and whats so WUM about Gerrard 19 remark? That was actually my plan and I was going to buy it a few weeks ago but the shirt my size was out of stock.

As I said think what you like, dont really care, needed to get a few rage out of my chest, and i admire others optimism and hope, when ive ran out of it.

I guarantee that last August you wouldn't have had us down to be second on goal difference with two games to go. Next season we're another year into Rodgers plan, we've got young players a year older and more experienced, we'll have a decent wedge for the transfer market and a growing reputation that makes us attractive. We're where we are on merit not luck and I'd fancy us to beat anyone - it won't always happen of course, but we shouldn't go into games worried. All this "oooh but such and such will buy such and such," well so will we, and I rate our manager over the others out there. This is is very much the start of something big we're building , you should all get on board and enjoy the ride after years of nothing to look forward to past Easter.

We didn't have any european games to play, next season we will have midweek games, dont underestimate what kind of effect that has on a team, even teams with depth like chelshit and shitty have suffered the toll of it. I'm not convinced we will have enough money to spend, especially if the stadium development goes ahead which will be a big financial burden.

Immense in the way we far exceeded our expections at the start of the season and did it playing some of the best football in Europe.

Im with you though that we have lost a golden opportunity and it will be a few years before we challenge again.

It took a fantastic run to get here and next year with more games and other teams improving it will be very difficult and I don't see it happening.

You won't remember this season in a few years time, the same way 08/09 and CL final 07 are long forgotten.

You won't remember this season in a few years time, the same way 08/09 and CL final 07 are long forgotten.

True, Im with you on the devastation side of things mate, cant get over the way it happened its like we are cursed or something, as soon as stevie slipped I thought it was gone, its like destiny after his dont let it slip remarks and I just feel we are going to hear about that for years.

A Liverpool shirt with 'Gerrard 19' on the back. It's probably the most whopper thing I've ever heard in my life. That's why you're either a WUM, or have been a fan since 26th May 2005.

Either way, you clearly don't get it.

No I don't get it, because I don't read too into what someone says like a paranoid nutcase.

One thing I can't help people are overlooking is what it means if two/ three teams are in with a shout on the last day. Everyone's aware of what everyone else is doing. If we go 1-0 up early on and City aren't out of the traps, you can guarantee the murmurings in the crowd will start and shit like that transmits itself to the players on the pitch.

I remember hearing Noel Gallagher talking about City winning the league a few years back and he said that his reaction to the opening Zabaleta goal was simply relief because United were already 1-0 up v Sunderland at that point. It shows that even if you're playing no-hopers at home, even if it is in your own hands, nerves can come into play if another side steals a march on you.

It's fucking imperative we beat Palace. Not only will we be kicking ourselves if City drop points elsewhere, but fucking anything can happen if you're still in with a shout when it's down to the wire.

• Upvote 1

I'm on route on my flight, from Mogadishu to London via Nairobi.

I'll be wearing my Gerrard full tracksuit(Number 8) and my captain's armband.. Want be difficult to spot me.

As I analysed in the first page of the thread, it is going to be a tough game, I'm not optimistic for a win, but I want us to get at least a draw so we can finish above the special cunt this season, which will be actually the first season we finish above the boring, special cunt. 

See you tomorrow.

I honestly hope we go for the massacre. Play the best team we can (which isn't necessarily our most attacking team) with instructions to put them to the sword throughout the full 90. Sure if we end up losing and city drop points I'd regret it but at the same time the worst we can finish is third and as there aren't any trophies for second place I'd rather we went out all guns blazing than playing cagey and trying to secure a 0-1 to us. I'd be very surprised if we didn't score against these as despite Pulis' anti-football tactics they'll certainly make a few mistakes throughout the 90 minutes.

• Upvote 1

I honestly hope we go for the massacre. Play the best team we can (which isn't necessarily our most attacking team) with instructions to put them to the sword throughout the full 90. Sure if we end up losing and city drop points I'd regret it but at the same time the worst we can finish is third and as there aren't any trophies for second place I'd rather we went out all guns blazing than playing cagey and trying to secure a 0-1 to us. I'd be very surprised if we didn't score against these as despite Pulis' anti-football tactics they'll certainly make a few mistakes throughout the 90 minutes.

Exactly how I feel about it.

I just hope their heads haven't gone after last week. Gerrard should be over it with his experience but it may hit some of the younger players.

As you wrote, we have nothing to lose so let's just give it our best shot and see what happens. I would sooner lose it on goal difference than by a handful of points. And I would be really pleased if we finished above the cockney bastards.