You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have/Could you cheer a ManUre goal?

old skool tom

It will be a weird moment. If or when ManU scores I'll be cheering. Nothing quiet for me, I desperately want City to drop points, preferably all 3.

When the season ends and we’ve nicked it a point or two ahead of City, Fergie-boy can look back on the season and see that his chosen one has achieved one thing: Helping Liverpool FC to win the title. The football Gods have spoken.

• Upvote 1

Anything that benefits Liverpool is fine by me I won't cheer though

We're just not used to this situation over the last 24 years. 

I'm more concerned 3 games in a week and Tottenham having a week's clear run up to the Anfield game doesn't have any adverse effects

I will be wanting United to get something out of the game until it becomes quite clear they won't. Therefore, when they are, inevitably, 3-0 down after 12 minutes, I believe it would be wrong to deny myself the pleasure of enjoying each subsequent City goal. City will drop more points before the season is finished, they'll lose to us, obviously, and they'll also play far better teams than United. Like Southampton. And Crystal Palace.

It's a no brainer then, isn't it?

Not that I'll be watching them. I don't think I can bring myself watching them and wanting them to get a result, so I'll check the score at full time and give it a little clenched fist if the final score is of a benefit to us.

We're just not used to this situation over the last 24 years. 

I'm more concerned 3 games in a week and Tottenham having a week's clear run up to the Anfield game doesn't have any adverse effects

Was thinking the same thing myself earlier.  Not good that Southampton fell on their sword yesterday. Spuds now think they have a chance of catching Arse after their bumming

Looking at all the remaining games the only ones I feel really confident about are Norwich away and the Barcodes in the finale. Apart from the obvious difficulties beating Citeh and the Chavs all the others are potential banana skins.

• Upvote 1

Tomorrows match is a win win. If Utd win or draw then I'll be doing cartwheels, if they get bummed then I certainly won't shed a tear. While Man City do need to watch the goal difference, they have to consider the overall picture, while a 7 or 8 goals might be enjoyable at the time it will fuck up the Moyesy project and nobody wants to see that end sooner than it needs too.

Credit to Moyes though, in 6 months he has built a side that I feel are as likely to take points off City as Fulham are.

I really do hope ManU wins tomorrow. For two reasons:

1. First and foremost, and really the only thing that should concern me. A City loss benefits our title challenge

2. But also: A ManU win may be seen as a sign Moyes has finally got it right, 3 wins on the trot, quarterfinal in the CL and beating City. Hopefully that'll be enough for them to give Gollum a new season.

• Upvote 1

You're not letting this one go are you mate !!

I suggest we see what happens as we can celebrate the result in some way whatever it is .

For what it's worth I agree with him. The best result for us is undoubtably for City to get beat. Sure dropping 2 points would be nice too, but I'm hoping for a United win. Who gives a fuck if they finish 5th?

I will be hoping for a United triumph so emphatic that it 1)seals Moyesey into the top spot at Old Trafford for at least the summer and 2)dents City's GD advantage significantly.

Every goal, whether by Phil Jones, Rooney, Young, I don't care, will be heartily cheered in the Imya household.

I hope they take points off our title rivals (it's great being able to say that), but that's purely for our own selfish needs.  Other than that, I hope they get taken to the cleaners every fucking game they play.  And celebrate a goal by them ?  Only if it meant we directly won the title as a result.  Other than that, I'd rather shave my balls with a broken bottle.  Utterly odious, obnoxious cunts.