You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 03/06/2020 at 23:23, Sugar Ape said:

I liked Gotham. First season is basically a gang war between the mob and gets better as it goes on. 

Goes a bit more outright comic book in the later seasons but still very good. Loads of very well cast actors, Penguin, The Riddler, The Joker and Ra’s Al Ghul are all boss. I agree Jim Gordon is a bit tiring as the lead though.

I liked Gotham. But I had to be in the right mood to watch it - I'd have given it a solid 6.5/10. I watched Pennyworth last year, I really enjoyed that and I thought Paloma faith was brilliant. 

I've been watching queen of the south on Netflix the last few days. Utter shite, but somehow really watchable! I honestly don't know why I like it! I'm 8 episodes in. 

I watched Filthy Rich on Netflix this week which is basically the story of Jeffrey Epstein. Well worth a watch, his victims are very brave telling their stories. It shows how having incredible wealth and friends in high places means you can pretty much get away with anything (having dirt on those friends in high places almost certainly helps). It’s going to be very interesting if they can get Ghislaine Maxwell and Alan Dersovich in front of a jury. Prince Andrew predictably looks like a complete slime ball, no chance of ever seeing him get justice though. 8 out of 10.

On 03/06/2020 at 21:02, No2 said:

Listening to blindboy podcast earlier and he recommended Oz. Watched it when it was originally released and had forgotten all about it, one of the best series ever made. It's about prison gangs, ultra violent from start to finish, don't get too attached to any of the characters, they usually meet a brutal end.

I watched Oz years ago on telly. It’s both brutal and brilliant. 

Listening to blindboy podcast earlier and he recommended Oz. Watched it when it was originally released and had forgotten all about it, one of the best series ever made. It's about prison gangs, ultra violent from start to finish, don't get too attached to any of the characters, they usually meet a brutal end.

• Upvote 1

The new series of Ambulance started last night , and is based on Liverpool crews in this run. The first episode was based around Paddys night  and featured town quite a bit. Absolutely hilarious moments and some heartbreaking ones too. I know it us a bit of a cliche , but even though we have our fair share of wankers , Liverpool people are generally quite entertaining. Some very nice paramedics too.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, redheart said:

Space Force...finished the series. Some funny moments but all a bit...meh 5/10

The first one episode was ok. The second episode with the chimp in space was awful. Watched 2 more episodes dying for it to get better. it didn't. 

It did have a few funny moments to be fair. 

Mad Men - 9/10

It's a slow burner but once it grabs you, it's a truly magnificent show. I've gone through the full 7 seasons in the last few months and it feels like I've been on a wonderful journey with the characters and I'm really going to miss it. 

• Upvote 4

On 04/06/2020 at 10:09, The Golden Eel said:

Been watching The Shield, got to episode 4 (or maybe 5) of series 3. I'm wondering if anything is ever going to happen, it's a bit slow. 

I’m watching this and I’m enjoying it. On season 4 now with Glenn Close in it. I’ve had to just suspend my disbelief regarding the Vic Mackey character and his ability to fuck loads of fit birds. He’s a five foot bald fella which seemed an odd bit of casting. Then you realise the actor who plays him is also the executive producer.

1 hour ago, Soft Joe said:

I’m watching this and I’m enjoying it. On season 4 now with Glenn Close in it. I’ve had to just suspend my disbelief regarding the Vic Mackey character and his ability to fuck loads of fit birds. He’s a five foot bald fella which seemed an odd bit of casting. Then you realise the actor who plays him is also the executive producer.

Aye, it's really good, a few minor issues aside. I was joking in that previous post, it's practically non-stop action. 

Alex Rider Series 1 - 7/10. Amazon’s crack at bringing the character to life. Fairly grounded without resorting to the Bond level gadgetry the film effort did a few years ago. Also doesn’t shy away from people getting bruised and beaten. Drags a little bit at times but overall it’s entertaining. Oh, and Ana Ularu in leather pants is a plus.