You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

People wonder why conspiracy theorists abound when two planes from the same company crash/disappear causing over 500 fatalities within 131 days of each other.

When said airline has only had 2 other fatal crashes in its entire 41 year history. one from hijacking in 1977 and one from a botched landing in 1995.

One plane has never been found after it was supposedly flown in the complete opposite direction to its intended flight path and crashed in the sea, with no wreckage or bodies found.

Then just 131 days later the same airline has another one of its planes blown out of the sky inside a country in the midst of a war, which just so happens the Americans are heavily involved with.

Of course the Americans know all about blowing a plane out of the sky, see the Iran Air incident in 1988 which resulted in 290 deaths when the American missile cruiser USS Vincennes sent a missile into it even though it was in Iranian airspace and following its intended flight path.

People wonder why conspiracy theorists abound when two planes from the same company crash/disappear causing over 500 fatalities within 131 days of each other.

When said airline has only had 2 other fatal crashes in its entire 41 year history. one from hijacking in 1977 and one from a botched landing in 1995.

One plane has never been found after it was supposedly flown in the complete opposite direction to its intended flight path and crashed in the sea, with no wreckage or bodies found.

Then just 131 days later the same airline has another one of its planes blown out of the sky inside a country in the midst of a war, which just so happens the Americans are heavily involved with.

Of course the Americans know all about blowing a plane out of the sky, see the Iran Air incident in 1988 which resulted in 290 deaths when the American missile cruiser USS Vincennes sent a missile into it even though it was in Iranian airspace and following its intended flight path.

Yeah, but remember the harsh EU sanctions that the US had to swallow for it? Fair's fair like.

So do Russia. And Ukraine. Not that I see much relevance to the current situation for either.

That aside, where exactly are you going with this?

Ukraine Nazis :

One day after the U.S. government accused Russia of betraying a signature treaty by test-firing a medium-range ballistic missile, questions are mounting on Tuesday over whether the Ukrainian Army has actually fired short-range ballistic missiles at rebel-held areas in the east of the country.

With no mention of potential civilian casualties, CNN reported on Tuesday that according to three U.S. officials, in the past 48 hours the Ukrainian military had fired several short-range ballistic missiles "into areas controlled by Russian separatists."

CNN reports:

One U.S. official said so far, there has been no reaction from Russia. A second official said it is not clear if the United States will show satellite imagery of the Ukrainian firings "because these are the good guys."

Another of the U.S. officials called the firings "an escalation, but Ukraine has a right to defend itself."

So far, the Ukrainian government has not publicly acknowledged the missile firings. CNN is seeking a comment from Kiev.

While U.S. officials say they don't think pro-Russian rebels have used ballistic missiles, they remain concerned about how Russia might respond.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/07/29/us-supported-good-guys-firing-ballistic-missiles-ukraine

Wouldn't shoot down a passenger plane though. No, of course not.

Has Putin blamed America or Ukraine for doing it? I'm genuinely not sure as I might have missed it, but if it was America or Ukraine you can bet your life he'd be screaming about it.

Maybe he's not as stupid as western leaders with this type of thing and would rather have some decent evidence first. We've probably not heard the last of this yet though.

Russia have just been hit with sanctions again as well. US and EU leaders are badly fucking insane.

Nah, I'm not having that mate. If it was America/Ukraine then Putin would know and he wouldn't be shy about saying it.I can't see him meekly accepting further sanctions and international condemnation if he didn't have something to do with it.

Nah, I'm not having that mate. If it was America/Ukraine then Putin would know and he wouldn't be shy about saying it.I can't see him meekly accepting further sanctions and international condemnation if he didn't have something to do with it.

I don't expect hardly anyone else to believe it, it's just what I think that's all. It might be like the chemical weapon attacks in Syria that the US tried to blame on the Syrian government. It took quite a while before that started to look less and less likely to be the truth. Or it might be that it was rebels after all, I don't know. Need a break from this for a bit now though so am leaving the thread for a while.

• Upvote 1

I agree. Separatists and an error of judgement are where the evidence points. I've seen little evidence of Russian involvement though. And in any event, I dont think Putin gives a rat's arse about sanctions.

I agree. Separatists and an error of judgement are where the evidence points. I've seen little evidence of Russian involvement though. And in any event, I dont think Putin gives a rat's arse about sanctions.

Next, we'll have Putin telling us the missile could have been bought from an army surplus store.

So do Russia. And Ukraine. Not that I see much relevance to the current situation for either.

That aside, where exactly are you going with this?

He's listing out a load of facts trying to lead us down the route of conspiracy theory.  I'm not arvin it though.

All it takes is a psychologically deranged captain and a drunk Russian separatist with a loaded BUK and all of a sudden you are two planes lighter, unfortunately.

Extremely unlikely to happen - absolutely.

Necessarily a conspiracy - absolutely not.