You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Musical Opinion Amnesty Thread

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Bing and Bowie still brings a tear to my eye. Parupapumpum!!

Brought tears to Lesley Ann Downey's eyes too unfortunately. I can't listen to that song anymore. 

This (And I only heard it because they were on Graham Norton the other week) is actually and very surprisingly a listenable tune

• 2 months later...

This isn’t really amnesty as such but not sure where else to put it.

In the pub the other day and overheard this hipster cunt going on about how overrated Paul McCartney and John Lennon were and how George Harrison was really the most talented Beatle.

Fucking pisses me off people thinking they’re being clever by saying Harrison was the best Beatle. He did some superb stuff after the Beatles (and during as well) but he isn’t in the same league as Lennon/McCartney. I don’t use the word genius lightly, but they were both geniuses for me and Harrison wasn’t.

Was watching an interview with Dave Grohl and the drummer off the Foo Fighters and they were talking about McCartney playing the drums on a song for them and how good he was as a drummer. Phenomenal talent.

• Upvote 4

Agreed 100% on your first post but not so much on your second one.

People who prefer bluesy stuff are always going to prefer Second Coming. Personally I was Roses daft from when Made of Stone came out & love both albums equally for different reasons.

I get there’s a distinctive difference musical between the two albums but I still don’t see how it beats The Stone Roses.

Saying that, I seen them a few times when they reformed and it’s surprising how much they pretty much ignored Second Coming for their gigs. Maybe a song or two at most off the album.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

In a similar vein, people who say Second Coming by the Stone Roses is better than the debut.

Love the Second Coming by all means, but it can’t hold a candle to the first album which is nigh on perfection.

First album is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the second. We waited 5 years for that Led Zeppelin lite stuff. Always going to be disappointing. 

Having said that I always skip the backwards stuff after Waterfall these days. 

• Upvote 1

Both boss albums but Stone Roses is better. Waterfall is my favourite Stone Roses song but to be fair Made of Stone and Mersey Paradise follow closely. 

As as for the hipster cunt, you should have spat in his fringeuccino

Seeing as it’s an amnesty thread. 

Stone Roses - Overrated. Now, I do like some of their stuff. Love Spreads. Second Coming is better than the first album. The last stuff they put out? Fuck right off with your nursery rhymes. 

Ian Brown - Not TLW’s very own Ian Brown, but that other one. Shite. Did like F.E.A.R. And what he did with Unkle though.

Guns N Roses - While they have written some really spanking tunes, I didn’t get the overall amount fuss back in the day. And I still don’t get it. Slash, while a great axe man, is he really in the high echelons of guitar greatness? 

Motley Crue - Shite. Shite. Shite. Shite. Big fuck off hiarspray shite. 

Eric Clapton - He has been my guitar hero for years. Especially the early days. Song writing and release wise, predominantly shite.

Girls Aloud - Specificly “Can’t Speak French” brilliant pop Song. 

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Seeing as it’s an amnesty thread. 

Stone Roses - Overrated. Now, I do like some of their stuff. Love Spreads. Second Coming is better than the first album. The last stuff they put out? Fuck right off with your nursery rhymes. 

Ian Brown - Not TLW’s very own Ian Brown, but that other one. Shite. Did like F.E.A.R. And what he did with Unkle though.

Guns N Roses - While they have written some really spanking tunes, I didn’t get the overall amount fuss back in the day. And I still don’t get it. Slash, while a great axe man, is he really in the high echelons of guitar greatness? 

Motley Crue - Shite. Shite. Shite. Shite. Big fuck off hiarspray shite. 

Eric Clapton - He has been my guitar hero for years. Especially the early days. Song writing and release wise, predominantly shite.

Girls Aloud - Specificly “Can’t Speak French” brilliant pop Song. 

Do one Bold Street 

• 6 months later...