You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa(H) Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Well done Villa. Well worth their point. Poor tactical first half set-up by Rodgers which he took far too long to rectify, by which time we were two nil down and could have been more. Luckily we gave ourselves an undeserved lifeline against the run of play. But for me, as poor as we were, that was on Rodgers.

Entirely 100 percent Rodgers fault. Two points dropped. The whole world after the first 5 minutes knew we needed the extra man in the middle not a 442, he not only waited he was given more than a few warnings before the first goal came he then still continued until we conceded a second it was piss piss poor management. It happens it was one game he's got it right a lot more times than he's got it wrong but today is one of those days he has to hold his hands up and say today I'm an imbecile and I'm grounded for a week and I will never play a two man midfield in this league again unless I have world class midfielders and I will never play gerrard deep its like putting custard on your roast dinner, you just don't do it you dirty bastard.

• Upvote 4

Genuinely furious.

Absolute shambles of a performance.

A left handed defensive partnership of Toure and Cissokho has to be the worst thing i've ever seen. Aly needs to never play for this football club ever again. Horror of a player.

The amount of times we chose to pass backwards when players were available ahead of them was unforgivable. No excuse for it - we were chasing a win for fuck sake not defending a lead.

Cut out all those showpony fucking backheel's all the fucking time. They rarely work and you look like a cunt when it fails - which it almost always does.

Pathetic display. Better in the 2nd half but it was an actual impossibility to have been any worse than we were in the 1st.

As I say - furious.

Summed it well for me. 

Rodgers needs to learn some big lessons from this.

For one, he needs to tone down his fucking talking to the press, it has come back to bite him on the arse today but I fear in the future it will come back worse. 

Second, he needs to decide whether he is the boss or whether Steven Gerrard is. His decision-making regarding Gerrard so far suggests he can't really handle him.  The next game will say a lot to me about Rodgers the man.

Third, he needs to respect his opponents. He didn't do that today and it's shameful.

Fourth, he needs to be more proactive. He saw we were overrun and did nothing. We were lucky to nick a goal before half time, otherwise it would have been 3 rather 2 points dropped.

Fifth, he needs to either learn how to organise a defence or get someone in who can. We are a fucking joke at the back. 

We have to have the shittest fullbacks in the country. Nothing going forwards and nothing going back. Utter fucking waste of space. We need to be binning them off in the summer and getting new ones. And for the people pining for Enrique, I think he is pretty headless as well.

He is an upgrade on the plank we had out there today

Rodgers needs to learn some big lessons from this.

For one, he needs to tone down his fucking talking to the press, it has come back to bite him on the arse today but I fear in the future it will come back worse.

Second, he needs to decide whether he is the boss or whether Steven Gerrard is. His decision-making regarding Gerrard so far suggests he can't really handle him. The next game will say a lot to me about Rodgers the man.

Third, he needs to respect his opponents. He didn't do that today and it's shameful.

Fourth, he needs to be more proactive. He saw we were overrun and did nothing. We were lucky to nick a goal before half time, otherwise it would have been 3 rather 2 points dropped.

Fifth, he needs to either learn how to organise a defence or get someone in who can. We are a fucking joke at the back.

gerrard was our best player 2nd half.

playing 2 in midfield was bad. playing hendo and gerrard was disastrous.

I take it back. Cissokho is shit. While others upped their game a bit in the second half, he was utter pish.

Rodgers had no need to mess about with the formation, for me. We looked exposed and uncomfortable with that formation first half.

Gerrard much better second half. I think playing him as holding mid needs to stop. It doesn't work.

We have 4 attackers, just fucking pick 3. The exact same thing happened vs Spurs last season at home and we got away with it despite have zero control of the midfield.

This was the one misgiving I had left of Rodgers, that when we have a full raft of players he tends to attempt to shoe horn them all. From three CBs, to playing all four attackers. He came with the outline of fitting personnel into his system, but at times he does the exact opposite.

• Upvote 1