You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

58 minutes ago, dave u said:

Touchline thing, not great but whatever, shit happens, it's an emotional game. Klopp diffuses it after the game, says it's all sorted, then Salah struts out past the press and pours petrol all over the fucking thing.

Absolutely can't have this. He needs to apologise or be told to stay the fuck away for the rest of the season.

Big fear now is Slot walking into a Ten Hag / Ronaldo type situation.

even without the bust up with klopp this was his final season with us i think the saudis are desperate for the biggest arab player to be in thier league and its a good time to let him go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, AHA said:

Think the ‘fire’ comment looks worse written down than the actual video. On the video it looks more like he’s saying he won’t say anything as the press will blow it up. 

I agree to some extent, but the thing to say is "everything is fine, all sorted" which is what Klopp said. Swaggering past and smirking while saying "I better not say anything" just pours petrol on it, regardless of how he meant it and if it was innocent or not.

• Upvote 3

I'd happily sell him for £30/40m, he's absolutely cooked and can be someone else's burden.

That today was an absolute disgrace & as has been pointed out, he had a chance to shut it down after the game & has made it fucking worse.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

I agree to some extent, but the thing to say is "everything is fine, all sorted" which is what Klopp said. Swaggering past and smirking while saying "I better not say anything" just pours petrol on it, regardless of how he meant it and if it was innocent or not.

Yes, that would have been the sensible way to deal with it but I think these days it has less effect. In the clamour for clicks people would still find an angle on it to foster engagement so perhaps he just thought what’s the point. It’s not just the online accounts either as you can tell from the various interviews with Klopp. All asked him about it and none mentioned the real talking point which was Taylor’s bizarre decision with Gakpo.

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

Yes, that would have been the sensible way to deal with it but I think these days it has less effect. In the clamour for clicks people would still find an angle on it to foster engagement so perhaps he just thought what’s the point. It’s not just the online accounts either as you can tell from the various interviews with Klopp. All asked him about it and none mentioned the real talking point which was Taylor’s bizarre decision with Gakpo.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

If he gets us a fee, that will be totally fine, and obviously, his legacy won't be tarnished by one argument and bad reaction with Klopp.

If he does the thing where he pretends he wants to stay just so he can leave for free and get a fat contract, that will be fucking dreadful.

If he gets us a stupid fee yes. I wouldn't expect that. 

1 hour ago, Smell The Glove said:

But if he wants to go let us cash in. He holds all the cards, Klopp is no longer here. All he's done today is cause a circus Klopp does not deserve. 

Yeah, but he might say "i fancy Spain and Barca can only afford 50p and a cup of tea". None of this is good for us. Fucking shite that today and if I was klopp, I would send him packing for the summer and leave the rest of it for Hughes and Edwards to sort out. 

33 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Unacceptable that was today. Klopp fucking made him who he is. 

Exactly this. 

To be honest, and I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked him. The obsession with personal records has shades of Ronaldo attitude about it. Obviously a great player in his peak but we're well past that now, and he isn't earning a fraction of his wages. To publicly turn on the guy who took you from a fucking no mark winger at Roma, then that same guy diffuses the situation and you just go acting the twat again post match. Well, he can get in the fucking bin. If this ensures he fucks off in the summer, good. He can take his self absorbed arse and fuck off to PSG or Saudi Arabia. None of the big European clubs would touch him with a barge pole. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Exactly this. 

To be honest, and I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked him. The obsession with personal records has shades of Ronaldo attitude about it. Obviously a great player in his peak but we're well past that now, and he isn't earning a fraction of his wages. To publicly turn on the guy who took you from a fucking no mark winger at Roma he can get in the fucking bin. If this ensures he fucks off in the summer, then good. He can take his self absorbed arse and fuck off to PSG or Saudi Arabia. None of the big European clubs would touch him with a barge pole. 

There were years where he and Trent melded into the collective perfectly, while also being match-winners and difference-makers.

Somewhere down the line, it became a little too much about them.

• Upvote 2

People not going a bit over board. He's one of our greatest players he's been a bit of a dick. We all can be. I love him, would I sell him.. probably but it would have nothing to do with today and more to do with us having to plan for the future, the Klopp, Salah era is over. We cant keep clinging onto names for name sake. Same with Jota he's great but when we need him most he's never fit, time to be ruthless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There were years where he and Trent melded into the collective perfectly, while also being match-winners and difference-makers.

They’ve both been overly indulged by the manager, which makes Salah behaviour even more contemptible.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yep. 

Now they're the two players in the squad who think they're above having to try every game, and having to play their role as a proper member of a team and all that entails. We're a better, more cohesive team, with more potential to develop said team, if they both leave this summer. 

Need to find two clubs stupid enough to think they can harness their obvious but flawed set of abilities. For Salah it'll be easier as he'll be moving to a much weaker league wherever he goes, and he can be indulged. He'll sell shirts so it won't matter that he's swanning around occasionally acting like a spoilt child, and missing sitters every game.

However, with Trent we're going to need a club that thinks they're cleverer than Klopp. It could work for a short period with Real Madrid. He'll pop in the odd free kick and play some great 60yard passes against Getafe and Real Vallecano. But then he'll let a winger walk past him in the clásico or in a big CL game and the fans will turn on him. And once that happens at Real Madrid you can pack your bags. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If he gets us a stupid fee yes. I wouldn't expect that. 

Yeah, but he might say "i fancy Spain and Barca can only afford 50p and a cup of tea". None of this is good for us. Fucking shite that today and if I was klopp, I would send him packing for the summer and leave the rest of it for Hughes and Edwards to sort out. 

The flip side to that is he does still have a year left so it's not like we are fully over a barrel. Big money is gone now you'd think. After today I think he's done here and that's probably best for Slot.

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I think he's a fucking petulant arrogant cheeky twat and Kloppo should've given him a back hander, wiped him out.

I love Mo but get tae fuck you simple cunt.

Yep. Agree.

How on earth did we get here 

• Upvote 1

As bad as this looked we have no idea what it was about or what was said. So we are basically going to have to trust Klopp. If Salah crossed a line with Klopp then I have no doubt he will have no problem dropping him for the rest of the season. He binned Sakho because of his attitude and he’ll have no problem doing the same to Salah. It’s not as if it’s day one of the season and he has to rely on him. We need 3 points for Champion’s league and I reckon Klopp would risk getting them without Salah if he thinks he should be dropped. 
I suspect they’ll sort it between them and Salah will be back for Spurs. Might actually spur him to up his game for the last few games.

Mo took too long to get ready is where it started according to some then it was tit for tat. Mo was obviously pissed (unjustifiably) at not starting and then they equalised just before he came on which probably did’unt help. 

13 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

The flip side to that is he does still have a year left so it's not like we are fully over a barrel. Big money is gone now you'd think. After today I think he's done here and that's probably best for Slot.

1 year left on his contract, 32 in the summer and earning the type of sum we won't entertain for a player we don't want. We couldn't be more over a barrel. If Saudi are out of the picture then he isn't worth much at all, because there's nobody to pay much at all. Unless you want him playing at Newcastle. 

7 minutes ago, AHA said:

As bad as this looked we have no idea what it was about or what was said. So we are basically going to have to trust Klopp. If Salah crossed a line with Klopp then I have no doubt he will have no problem dropping him for the rest of the season. He binned Sakho because of his attitude and he’ll have no problem doing the same to Salah. It’s not as if it’s day one of the season and he has to rely on him. We need 3 points for Champion’s league and I reckon Klopp would risk getting them without Salah if he thinks he should be dropped. 
I suspect they’ll sort it between them and Salah will be back for Spurs. Might actually spur him to up his game for the last few games.

It doesn't matter what is said. You don't behave like that to your manager going onto the pitch. Especially when you've strutted around since returning from afcon. I don't mind a tantrum when they get taken off. But that wasn't what was happening. It wouldn't have happened had klopp not been in his last few games. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Touchline thing, not great but whatever, shit happens, it's an emotional game. Klopp diffuses it after the game, says it's all sorted, then Salah struts out past the press and pours petrol all over the fucking thing.

Absolutely can't have this. He needs to apologise or be told to stay the fuck away for the rest of the season.

Big fear now is Slot walking into a Ten Hag / Ronaldo type situation.

I think from what Klopp said reading between the lines was that Salah was still not happy. Can’t remember the exact wording but he seemed to say that as far as he was concerned it was all sorted so by implication Mo wasn’t. 

He's never been my favourite player, and he’s acted a bit of a dick today, but none of us are perfect so this is one for the ‘move along’ pile.

Klopp is definitely leaving, Salah possibly is. They’ve both done their bit and that trumps a silly spat on a touchline as the lights begin to fade.