You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs away

MLB

Wouldn't be against going to 3 at the back for this one. City and Chelsea too. Maybe even stick Sissoko in, nothing against Flanno, he's done really well, but doesn't offer as much going forward and if you do play with 3 at the back you need your full-backs bombing on. 

At the same time though, Sterling has done well too and deserves to keep his place in the team so why not just stick with 4-3-3 and throw Alberto in. There's a player in there, we just need to actually start playing him. Sometimes when players are out the rest stand up and be counted, lets hope our lads have got it in em to do so 

As long as Spurs and United continue their shit form, top 4 is petty much there. 

The real trouble starts when Spurs' new players start to click, they will have more depth and potential than us. United is still petty shit at this moment with UCL commitment pull them even further back, unless they pull off some amazing signing in Janurary, they will have a hard time climbing the table.

As long as Spurs and United continue their shit form, top 4 is petty much there. 

The real trouble starts when Spurs' new players start to click, they will have more depth and potential than us. United is still petty shit at this moment with UCL commitment pull them even further back, unless they pull off some amazing signing in Janurary, they will have a hard time climbing the table.

Spurs are level on points with us with a bookies favourite home win this w/end.  Shit form?

Don't Spurs only have like 14 team goals all year?  Fully expect 2 or 3 from them then.

I'd go ahead and play Alberto, too.  Why buy him if he can't even play when there's injuries.

Also, why does everybody seem to think Walker is so shit? He always seems to me to be one of their best players.

Defensively Coutinho and Suarez should scare the shit out of their CBs without Vertonghen in there.

Spurs are level on points with us with a bookies favourite home win this w/end.  Shit form?

If they win the game, then level on points. 

They haven't score any amount of goals to suggest that they are competing for the top 4, not counting the game winning penalties they are given, their form is petty shit now. 

Referring to the Champions League as "UCL" is silly.

For me, today exposed many of Rodgers flaws as a manager. Granted we were missing some players, but his first team selection was amazingly naive, to go to a ground where we've been notoriously weak with that set-up was just asking for trouble. He looked like a fraud, today, in my opinion. He didn't react, until it was far too late and when he did, he sent the laughable Aspas on. 

That brings me to his transfers which, as far as I can see, consist of one success and others who range from good to a number who have proved absolutely disastrous. Take Allen, who we're supposed to just go misty-eyed over because he was able to make a couple of passes against the might of Norwich, he's been a complete failure for 15m and how many times are we going to have sit and watch him be bullied before the alarm goes off on Rodgers head? I have no idea what Allen was thinking for the second goal, but he was hardly alone as the great new shiny hero Sakho was at fault for, at least, two others.

If we don't see a reaction against Cardiff, coupled with some movement in the transfer market that shows Rodgers understands that this team is not good enough, then I would be in favour of doing something decisive. We can't afford to let Chelsea and City run up cricket scores against us and that's exactly what we're in for if Rodgers picks a side like he did today.

Manu's next four fixtures

Villa - Away

Stoke - Away

West Ham - Home

Hull - Away

That doesn't look to difficult to me.

Stoke away was too tough for Chelsea, Hull away was too tough for us, Villa away was too tough for City, WHU at home for Spurs was to hard for them...

This season is way to unpredictable, unless you are employing reverse psychology, in which case, I like it. 

For me, today exposed many of Rodgers flaws as a manager. Granted we were missing some players, but his first team selection was amazingly naive, to go to a ground where we've been notoriously weak with that set-up was just asking for trouble. He looked like a fraud, today, in my opinion. He didn't react, until it was far too late and when he did, he sent the laughable Aspas on. 

That brings me to his transfers which, as far as I can see, consist of one success and others who range from good to a number who have proved absolutely disastrous. Take Allen, who we're supposed to just go misty-eyed over because he was able to make a couple of passes against the might of Norwich, he's been a complete failure for 15m and how many times are we going to have sit and watch him be bullied before the alarm goes off on Rodgers head? I have no idea what Allen was thinking for the second goal, but he was hardly alone as the great new shiny hero Sakho was at fault for, at least, two others.

If we don't see a reaction against Cardiff, coupled with some movement in the transfer market that shows Rodgers understands that this team is not good enough, then I would be in favour of doing something decisive. We can't afford to let Chelsea and City run up cricket scores against us and that's exactly what we're in for if Rodgers picks a side like he did today.

Who wins the next X factor?

Wouldn't be against going to 3 at the back for this one. City and Chelsea too. Maybe even stick Sissoko in, nothing against Flanno, he's done really well, but doesn't offer as much going forward and if you do play with 3 at the back you need your full-backs bombing on. 

At the same time though, Sterling has done well too and deserves to keep his place in the team so why not just stick with 4-3-3 and throw Alberto in. There's a player in there, we just need to actually start playing him. Sometimes when players are out the rest stand up and be counted, lets hope our lads have got it in em to do so 

Cissokho has been shite every time hes worn the shirt. Flanagan hasnt put a foot wrong since he got back into the team. Not a hope id drop Flanno for him. Lennon would DESTROY Cissokho.

Cissokho has been shite every time hes worn the shirt. Flanagan hasnt put a foot wrong since he got back into the team. Not a hope id drop Flanno for him. Lennon would DESTROY Cissokho.

Flanagan got turned inside out a couple of times last week, let's hope he is a fast learner or Lennon will have him on toast.

Cissokho has been pretty shocking tbf, but their right hand side isn't the strongest defensively (Lennon and Walker?) getting Cissokho running at them might create some chances. 

I don't expect it to happen though, Flanno has done nothing wrong and deserves to keep his place, I'm just thinking we could use Cissokho's pace if we did go to 3 at the back

In no way can we go 3 at the back. Arsenal proved that you can't play with 3 at the back against the better teams, Spurs will attack from wide and pack the midfield, it'll quickly become 5-3-2 with our wing backs pinned back and our midfield being overrun.

I think we can get a result if our full backs defend well and Luis continues his form. Sandro is massively underrated in my opinion.