You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 14/07/2022 at 16:01, Captain Willard said:

Food allergies getting more common. Now I know for some people these are terrible life affecting conditions but they definitely seem to be more common these days. We went out for a team lunch today and the poor waiter had to draw a diagram of the table as to who was gluten free, lactose intolerant, vegan, vegetarian but eats fish etc et. Then it was bottled versus sparkling versus tap water debates. In my day, the city was blue steak, chips and 3 bottles of claret. Not any more. 

In the right thread, that. If you eat fish, you're not vegetarian. It's an animal, not a fucking carrot.

, shogi. More or less everything does my head in these days for example I walked uo to my local and there was a ghastly group of lads and they were playing pool dead loud, i never thought a shitty old pub game could generate such excitement, i meant to stay in too. M

46 minutes ago, Strontium said:

In the right thread, that. If you eat fish, you're not vegetarian. It's an animal, not a fucking carrot.

You’d be a Pescatarian then. 

The masses and masses of people, they're everywhere, how dare they.

Why are all cockneys and some scousers so fucking loud. Is there a need to be identified. Cockneys though Jesus christ I was listening to one guy on his phone so I turned around expecting him to be a couple of tables behind me and he was over the road in another bar.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The masses and masses of people, they're everywhere, how dare they.

Why are all cockneys and some scousers so fucking loud. Is there a need to be identified. Cockneys though Jesus christ I was listening to one guy on his phone so I turned around expecting him to be a couple of tables behind me and he was over the road in another bar.

My missus shouts down the phone as though its made of two plastic cups and a connecting piece of string. She doesn't speak loudly normally though.

• Upvote 2

On decking about 30 square metres, how is it that I mange to step on a stone about 3mm in size, without shoes on? And this is a regular occurrence. Vast swathes of clear drive, decking and garden……and the smallest sharp stone is lying in wait for me - twat

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Le Duan said:

The all pervasive smell of weed - fucking disgusting 

No idea what it's like in the UK (I presume that's where you are) 

But is every cunt under 30 smoking it over there? 

It seems everyone, under 30 smokes reefer here in Dublin these days. 

I'm shocked at the amount of young lads smoking blow. I do see young lads walking to work with big Bob marley cones first thing in the morning. What kind of graft could those dick heads do. 

9 hours ago, Le Duan said:

The all pervasive smell of weed - fucking disgusting 

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

No idea what it's like in the UK (I presume that's where you are) 

But is every cunt under 30 smoking it over there? 

It seems everyone, under 30 smokes reefer here in Dublin these days. 

I'm shocked at the amount of young lads smoking blow. I do see young lads walking to work with big Bob marley cones first thing in the morning. What kind of graft could those dick heads do. 

It is an absolute disgrace how many smoke that shite. I can only assume they've lost their sense of smell because it fucking stinks.

About 10 years back I was working in Stockport, and if I was on an early start I jad to leave the house at 5.30 am to catch the first bus to town, and every time I left the house at that time you could guarantee the same fucker walking to the same bus stop smoking that shite. Looked like he was a decorator or plasterer going off his clothes, hope he never had to climb ladders as he'd have been fucked!

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

It is an absolute disgrace how many smoke that shite. I can only assume they've lost their sense of smell because it fucking stinks.

About 10 years back I was working in Stockport, and if I was on an early start I jad to leave the house at 5.30 am to catch the first bus to town, and every time I left the house at that time you could guarantee the same fucker walking to the same bus stop smoking that shite. Looked like he was a decorator or plasterer going off his clothes, hope he never had to climb ladders as he'd have been fucked!

I'm not exactly anti reefer, it's not for me. But it's the same as alcohol. If you saw your workmate having a can of lager first thing in the morning, you'd think, that can't be good. 

If the lads want to smoke it, grand, that's their deal, but like a gargle, there's a time and a place for it

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm not exactly anti reefer, it's not for me. But it's the same as alcohol. If you saw your workmate having a can of lager first thing in the morning, you'd think, that can't be good. 

If the lads want to smoke it, grand, that's their deal, but like a gargle, there's a time and a place for it

There's so many mate, and the amount who smoke it non-stop around their kids is incredible.

Pot always stank, but the smell is worse now. There always used to be a load of potheads on the college buses 30 years back and it stank (to me anyway) of burnt strawberries, now it stinks (again to me anyway) of burning pile of cowshit!

I genuinely don't know how they put up with the smell!

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Pretty much where I am at with it. I think all drugs should be legal, but if you had a can on the way to work people would think you'd lost the plot, yet there are people who think smoking pot all day is fine.

Recreationally I have no issue with it. Other than the fact that as others have said, whatever the fuck it is they are all smoking these days smells like cat piss. 

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Genuine question though 'Where is the right time and place for it?'