You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Let me first say I like McGregor as a fighter, but he does not deserve to be in with a shot of gold already.

He will ofcourse, because Dana will have the money men yapping in his ear about how many PPV buys a January LW Title involving Conor will generate, but its bollocks.

Ferguson/Gaethje/Poirier are well ahead of him on merit, but at the end of the day its a business.

6 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

Let me first say I like McGregor as a fighter, but he does not deserve to be in with a shot of gold already.

He will ofcourse, because Dana will have the money men yapping in his ear about how many PPV buys a January LW Title involving Conor will generate, but its bollocks.

Ferguson/Gaethje/Poirier are well ahead of him on merit, but at the end of the day its a business.

Whoever wins that belt now it's going to feel hollow as Khabib has beaten them all easily. It'll definitely be McGregor v Poirior now.

Gaethje will probably fight Michael Chandler, and the winner gets the next shot at the belt holder.

I'm not that arsed about him getting the next shot. It's obviously bullshit but what are you gonna do, he's the biggest draw of all time. It will get on my tits if he wins and then holds up the division again whilst he fights Pacquiao, though. He can fuck right off with that shit.

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Whoever wins that belt now it's going to feel hollow as Khabib has beaten them all easily. It'll definitely be McGregor v Poirior now.

Gaethje will probably fight Michael Chandler, and the winner gets the next shot at the belt holder.

Gaethje v Chandler would be a great fight. Gaethje getting choked out tonight means he avoided damage, he could easily heal up for 8 weeks then get back into camp for the January card. Chandler needs to get involved soon too. Fuck it - have a Lightweight contender grand prix. Co-main for a LW shot, Main for the other between Dustin and Conor.

Undisputed LW Title around May when crowds will definitely be back.

Piss easy this match making lark

4 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

Yeah I wouldn't argue with any of them three fighting over the belt, Tony Vs Dustin I think is the only one we've yet to see, so I would have liked to have seen that, but Tony looks like he's in the middle of a pay dispute. 

Poirier probably deserves to be fighting for it no matter what, and nobody criticised Dana for making the Dustin vs Conor fight in the first place, we can't really moan about it now there's potentially a belt on the line.

6 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

Gaethje v Chandler would be a great fight. Gaethje getting choked out tonight means he avoided damage, he could easily heal up for 8 weeks then get back into camp for the January card. Chandler needs to get involved soon too. Fuck it - have a Lightweight contender grand prix. Co-main for a LW shot, Main for the other between Dustin and Conor.

Undisputed LW Title around May when crowds will definitely be back.

Piss easy this match making lark

I'm not sure where Ferguson goes from here, he's 37 and in conflict with Dana. Don't think he'll ever get a title shot now. I think Gaethje will be champion at some point.

Just now, Elite said:

I'm not sure where Ferguson goes from here, he's 37 and in conflict with Dana. Don't think he'll ever get a title shot now. I think Gaethje will be champion at some point.

Kinda uncomfortable watching him fight, these days. He just takes so much damage.

6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Kinda uncomfortable watching him fight, these days. He just takes so much damage.

He fucking delusional too

All this sunglasses in interview or punching the bag

Wearing a belt around and calling himself the champion and crying of being stripped, he was only ever the interim champ so of course he was be stripped when he got injured

Just now, Lee909 said:

Wearing a belt around and calling himself the champion and crying of being stripped, he was only ever the interim champ so of course he was be stripped when he got injured

I do think he got a bit unlucky. He was the interim champ while Conor was holding up the division for over a year, then Conor got stripped and instead of promoting Tony to undisputed they stripped him too and gave the title to Khabib.

He deserved to be a champion at some point, he just pissed off the MMA gods somewhere along the line.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lee909 said:

Even as far back as TUF it was obvious he was a little, erm, eccentric. And then there was the domestic violence stuff a few years ago, too. You just get the feeling that it's all far more consequential for him.

I think Tony has been eyeing up a big cheque with a fight v McGregor for years, as well as the many failed fights v Khabib. His career is suddenly going in the wrong direction and is running out of options. Which is probably where his contract disputes with Dana stem.

Being opposite the champ or Conor he knows he gets his payday and his bank account is never concerned again - without either he's risking going out with a whimper.

Its a shame as he's deserved more luck than he's got - but at the same time, maybe he shouldn't kick steel to prove he's a tough guy.

24 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I do think he got a bit unlucky. He was the interim champ while Conor was holding up the division for over a year, then Conor got stripped and instead of promoting Tony to undisputed they stripped him too and gave the title to Khabib.

He deserved to be a champion at some point, he just pissed off the MMA gods somewhere along the line.

They were always going to strip him

He got injured in a fight that was for the full title after he was made interim, once he was out and Khabib fought and got the crown there was no reason for the interim to exists, its like Colby crying about it. 

He is just a strange guy,and the injuries and timings just fucked up him and Khabib

The mad thing about that little grappling exchange at the end, was from what I can tell Justin did all the right things to try and get out of what Khabib was doing, but Khabib was already a step ahead of him every time. 

Looking back I see a few of the clues about his retirement now, when talking about this and future fights he didn't really seem enthusiastic or engaged in the conversation. But I saw another interview where started talking about his plans for after Justin, and his face lit up a bit when he was talking about taking a break and travelling, coming to England to watch some football, he mentioned Liverpool too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Diaz/McGregor 2 last night and I still had Nate win 3 rounds.

Rounds 1 and 4 were McGregor's but even though he knocked Nate down twice in Round 2, Nate was comfortably the busier and tougher fighter in that round. Yeah he got dropped but he was never in any trouble (Like Conor was in round 3) 

I had Nate win but a draw at the worst for round 2.

On 29/10/2020 at 02:03, Lee909 said:

Tony Ferguson interview today

To paraphrase

The beating i took from Justin Gaethje open up  his Chi like in Kung fu Hustle

The man is a walking headcase

He's psychotic, definitely not a kind you'd fuck with. You'd have to kill him.

• 2 weeks later...