You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How long can we carrry a player like Sterling?

Code

I can't believe the "£180k" offer. I refuse to believe the club would be so stupid to offer that sort of money. And there is no way Sterling would turn down the offer. Unless he's had an offer from one of the oil clubs where he would have a chance of winning the league.

I can't see him going to Arsenal.  We won't sell to them and I think there will be plenty of other offers on the table.  He's going to be one of the best players in the world in 3-5 years I just hope he's playing for us.

You're his agent aren't you.

• Downvote 1

I think he could develop into one of the world's best. Maybe not as good as Messi, Suarez or Ronaldo but the next level down, sure. He's an incredibly talented footballer and once he improves his goal scoring he'll be among the best in Europe. It would be a huge shame if he left us.

My instinct is that we will end up paying whatever it takes to keep him.

The Arsenal connection is not far fetched. He is a London boy and regular CL football is worth a lot of money to a player's image/commercial rights.It should also be remembered that a difference of 30k a week is £7.5m over a five year contract and you can have more fun spending your millions in London than you can on Merseyside.

An intriguing sub text is Theo Walcott, who has been linked with us before, might a deal be done which saw them swap?

But FSG will remember how the Carroll cash was squandered amongst others and reason that overpaying for what you know is better than taking a chance on what you don't (Lovrens/Lallana).

If it's true that he'd reject a 180k a week offer from us then sell him, but we shouldn't sell him to one of our rivals unless the deal massively favours us, like getting Ramsey plus a decent amount of cash. But i think the story is bullshit.... i reckon he'll stay.

I can't see him going to Arsenal.  We won't sell to them and I think there will be plenty of other offers on the table.  He's going to be one of the best players in the world in 3-5 years I just hope he's playing for us.

hes got pace to burn but thats all.............hes just a new Aron Lennon,no football brain,shooting or passing ability etc

if City are really going to offer £50m for him ? id bite their fucking hand off

never believed or seen the hype about him.........its only because hes fast & English

My instinct is that we will end up paying whatever it takes to keep him.

The Arsenal connection is not far fetched. He is a London boy and regular CL football is worth a lot of money to a player's image/commercial rights.It should also be remembered that a difference of 30k a week is £7.5m over a five year contract and you can have more fun spending your millions in London than you can on Merseyside.

An intriguing sub text is Theo Walcott, who has been linked with us before, might a deal be done which saw them swap?

But FSG will remember how the Carroll cash was squandered amongst others and reason that overpaying for what you know is better than taking a chance on what you don't (Lovrens/Lallana).

It's not far fetched.  It just won't happen.  We won't sell to them because we are in direct competition with them for the champions league.  We can't compete with Chelsea and City long term but we can with Arsenal.  We won't be selling our best players to them in the near future.  If there was a chance we were looking to sell, bigger clubs with more money and more chance of trophies would come knocking anyway.  It's just not happening.

I don't think there is any intriguing sub text ragrding Walcott either.  He's not on Sterling's level and never has been.  I doubt we will sign him but I can't see there ever being any swap deal either because we would be getting a worse player who is older, more injury prone and wants to be a centre forward despite not having the attributes to play there.

hes got pace to burn but thats all.............hes just a new Aron Lennon,no football brain,shooting or passing ability etc

never believed or seen the hype about him.........its only because hes fast & English

I'd say spend some of that £50m on getting tutored to resit your English GCSE but then I might actually understand something you are saying and I don't think I want to.

It's not far fetched.  It just won't happen.  We won't sell to them because we are in direct competition with them for the champions league.  We can't compete with Chelsea and City long term but we can with Arsenal.  We won't be selling our best players to them in the near future.  If there was a chance we were looking to sell, bigger clubs with more money and more chance of trophies would come knocking anyway.  It's just not happening.

I don't think there is any intriguing sub text ragrding Walcott either.  He's not on Sterling's level and never has been.  I doubt we will sign him but I can't see there ever being any swap deal either because we would be getting a worse player who is older, more injury prone and wants to be a centre forward despite not having the attributes to play there.

Sorry double post.

Take issue about Walcott never have been on Sterlings level, Fully fit and in form Walcott is devastating . Unplayable and despite the fact hes as wasteful in front of goal he's not as wasteful as Sterling. If it wasn't of the fact he's a sicknote I would have him in a flash if Wenger was mad enough to sell him 

You've obviously never seen Sterling play if you think all he has is pace and that he's no different to Lennon. That's actually one of the dumbest comments I've read on this forum for some time, congratulations.

Coutinho needs to sack his agent if a far inferior player ends up on more than double what he's earning.

On the contrary, id suggest Sterling sacks off his agent as he is pushing him towards a stupid get as much as you can contract, which at this point of his career is not the best idea. He needs to concentrate on developing and he can do that quite comfortably on what he is being offered by LFC. Moving to City, Madrid, PSG etc will most likely fuck his career up, but of course, his agent doesnt give a bollocks about that.

He's got to have sense talked into him, he thinks he's holding all the cards but he really isn't.

Well, he really is. Because one of the oil clubs will undoubtedly pay what he wants if we don't. Not a reason to keep him, but a reason why he's in no hurry to sign a new deal.