You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nah he's out of contract in the summer.

It will be a tribunal that sets the fee as he's under 23. And we'll get a percentage of that.

Unless Blackpool cash in now, which given how badly some teams need to get players in- isn't out of the question.

He'll fail the shite medical anyway.

Nah he's out of contract in the summer.

It will be a tribunal that sets the fee as he's under 23. And we'll get a percentage of that.

Unless Blackpool cash in now, which given how badly some teams need to get players in- isn't out of the question.

He'll fail the shite medical anyway.

So after asking silly money off us for him they are gonna lose him for peanuts?

Monkeys running the zoo!

We get linked to these Barcelona players every window, conveniently right around the time when their negotiating new contracts. This Montoya thing has been created by his agent to get a better offer from Barca and their using us to say "look there's interest from elsewhere, you better offer us more". Same thing happened last year with Tello, they're playing us for fools.

We get linked to these Barcelona players every window, conveniently right around the time when their negotiating new contracts. This Montoya thing has been created by his agent to get a better offer from Barca and their using us to say "look there's interest from elsewhere, you better offer us more". Same thing happened last year with Tello, they're playing us for fools.

This

Ive never seen montoya play but if he thinks he can play ahead of alves hes either very good or very optimistic, either way judging by the clubs linked with him I dont see us getting him.

Tello has fucked us other a couple of times and I think hes on a long contract now, if we get him it would be on loan which I would not really want.

I cant see any obvious targets out there for us and it looks like it may be a difficult window to get anyone in of the required talent, the egyptian lad aint proven and if we are going for a winger I really think they should be going for proven match winners, we have decent options out there and another squad player is not needed in that area.

The mirror saying that Zenit are coming in for Salah, as we fuck around haggling over a price for ages. I'll be really pissed off if we don't get him, as I think he'd be a great player for us. 

We keep talking about how we can't attract the same players without champions league, and just like the guy who went to Dortmund in the summer, we were the only team at the table for ages as we keep fucking around, before some other team comes in and takes the player away from us at the last minute.

If this is true, then to let it happen once is unfortunate, but to let it happen twice is verging on negligent. This guy is going to be a star.

The mirror saying that Zenit are coming in for Salah, as we fuck around haggling over a price for ages. I'll be really pissed off if we don't get him, as I think he'd be a great player for us. 

We keep talking about how we can't attract the same players without champions league, and just like the guy who went to Dortmund in the summer, we were the only team at the table for ages as we keep fucking around, before some other team comes in and takes the player away from us at the last minute.

If this is true, then to let it happen once is unfortunate, but to let it happen twice is verging on negligent. This guy is going to be a star.

Dortmund were in for Mkhitaryan for at least as long as we were.

Dortmund were in for Mkhitaryan for at least as long as we were.

We completely pissed around for ages. Dortmund were interested, but we had stolen a march on everyone else. Dortmund came in properly at the end and did  the deal within a week. We were haggling for over a month. An interest in the player isn't the same as trying to sort out a deal.

• Upvote 1

We completely pissed around for ages. Dortmund were interested, but we had stolen a march on everyone else. Dortmund came in properly at the end and did  the deal within a week. We were haggling for over a month. An interest in the player isn't the same as trying to sort out a deal.

It seemed, from German press reports at the time, that Dortmund were haggling for as long as we were. But you may be privy to more information than me (I am only going on press reports) and if that's the case, I will bow to your greater knowledge!

Your general point is an interesting - albeit also a perennial - one, though. Do you get the job done and pay the asking price, potentially overpaying and knowing that this may hinder you in other negotiations when you try to haggle? Or do you hold firm, knowing that you risk missing out on the player but this saves you from being known as a pushover in the transfer market?