You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

How so? Good players hold all the cards, they have for as long as I can remember, players like Suarez stick around for as long as they feel like it, simple as that, I fail to see how him upping sticks could reflect badly on anyone at the club.

thats my point if suarez decides to go there is nothing can be done about it. i hope luis gives us one more year and if we dont make top four, let him go if he wants to and pray he has a brilliant world cup

Having just watched his highlights from the confed cup I'd keep him for another year no matter what. Put a massive price tag on him to scare anyone off and tell him he can give the fans who he has praised one FULL season before jibbing off to Madrid. He is too good to let go especially if Cavani is going for £50 odd million and were supposedly getting £40 million.

I can only see this ending one way I think he wont return like tevez and go on strike that's my feeling ,then we will get done by Madrid on the fee

How would that harm us? He's relatively young, ties down for years, his price next Summer is STILL £40m.

Season after, yeah let's take half.

How would that harm us? He's relatively young, ties down for years, his price next Summer is STILL £40m.

Season after, yeah let's take half.

Moot point but if he dosent return and keeps opening his gob surely his price will decrease no point keeping a disruptive player,every press conference is going to be about him from know until august

Moot point but if he dosent return and keeps opening his gob surely his price will decrease no point keeping a disruptive player,every press conference is going to be about him from know until august

Yeah, that's why United sold Ronaldo for £30m, instead of hanging on to him and selling him for £70m. Er, hang on...

Newspaper reports suggest that Luis Suarez has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid. If this is true, then Madrid are in breach of the rules. Then again Pratini will probably let them away with it.

However, I don't believe a word of it. Liverpool are digging their heels in, they've said, Luis Suarez is not for sale, we've not had any bids nor are we willing to entertain any.

It's up to Luis Suarez to hand in a written transfer request thus forfeiting a loyalty bonus. He looks bad in the eyes of the fans for a short spell. However he won't be treated like Michael Owen because he's said he would never ever play for Manchester United.

Guest San Don
Newspaper reports suggest that Luis Suarez has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid. If this is true, then Madrid are in breach of the rules. Then again Pratini will probably let them away with it.

However, I don't believe a word of it. Liverpool are digging their heels in, they've said, Luis Suarez is not for sale, we've not had any bids nor are we willing to entertain any.

It's up to Luis Suarez to hand in a written transfer request thus forfeiting a loyalty bonus. He looks bad in the eyes of the fans for a short spell. However he won't be treated like Michael Owen because he's said he would never ever play for Manchester United.

Well if its true its not just madrid who are in breach. Suarez will also be in breach of his contract.

If he has done this (and I stress if) then, he's crossed the line in my opinion.

I looked at Marca's website, who quote the Daily Star as the source of this current Suarez story. I've never read the Daily Star online, I searched it, but there's no story there, currently. So I don't know where or which 'newspaper report' this is coming from except Marca. Strange.

Has he decided yet? Fucking hell this is boring.

yeah suarez just get the hell out of our club, just go, ply your nut case troubles elsewhere, we backed you all the way,then you have the cheek to say you stood alone, you have broken our hearts, could have been a lpool legend, soon it will be luis who.

yeah suarez just get the hell out of our club, just go, ply your nut case troubles elsewhere, we backed you all the way,then you have the cheek to say you stood alone, you have broken our hearts, could have been a lpool legend, soon it will be luis who.

You best get used to it because it seems we are a stepping stone these days, not many players with no affiliation are going to hang around while we're winning fuck all and finishing top of the mid table

You best get used to it because it seems we are a stepping stone these days, not many players with no affiliation are going to hang around while we're winning fuck all and finishing top of the mid table

Is sad but spot on

We desperately need to get back in the CL which is probably stating the obvious

What would calling his bluff entail? Selling him? Shucks, that'll learn him. He's only been itching for a move all summer.

If we get offered £40-50 mill then fair enough he can go obviously.

If Real think they can work us over 2 days before the window shuts with a £30mill offer, then we should tell him he's staying.

He's got 3 years left for fucks sake.

Let him sweat.

That story about us taking legal advice is a shitty little attempt to stir the pot and create a divide - we are said to have spoken to Mkhitaryan. If Isco goes to Madrid then I can see them making an effort for Luis as I don't think they could afford Bale (or need him) or Cavani. Bale is £80m, Cavani £55m - Luis & Isco would be £65-75m. Although personally I don't want Spurs to have £80m.

The sooner we are back in the Champions league the better - bleat all you want about trophies, but the players - the ones who win those said trophies want the Champions league. The cups mean fuck all in most European countries, and expecting players from those countries to prioritise the league cup above the champions league is naive.

Suarez will go because it is Madrid, but I think Madrid and Munich are the only clubs he will leave for.

Having just watched his highlights from the confed cup I'd keep him for another year no matter what. Put a massive price tag on him to scare anyone off and tell him he can give the fans who he has praised one FULL season before jibbing off to Madrid. He is too good to let go especially if Cavani is going for £50 odd million and were supposedly getting £40 million.

Having watched the whole match last night i think the opposite and that he should be sold now

He was pretty shit last night, he kept giving the ball away and failing to release the ball. He was greedy many times and the better players of brazil found it easy to rob him of possesssion.

Suarez wont be that great in Spain and he wont be scoring 30 goals next season for us either. Sell him now while we can, and we can still command a high fee.

Having watched the whole match last night i think the opposite and that he should be sold now

He was pretty shit last night, he kept giving the ball away and failing to release the ball. He was greedy many times and the better players of brazil found it easy to rob him of possesssion.

Suarez wont be that great in Spain and he wont be scoring 30 goals next season for us either. Sell him now while we can, and we can still command a high fee.

Did you watch, y'know, any erm Liverpool games last year?