You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So let me get this right moof, we cant say anything about the manager when we have been unlucky or simply not good enough like yestersday, but when we are lucky its okay to praise the manager?

A defeat against man Utd away makes him clueless? Even though we beat them a couple of weeks ago? He did well after a difficult start last season and has done well so far this season, lose a couple of games and the vitriol starts.

A defeat against man Utd away makes him clueless? Even though we beat them a couple of weeks ago? He did well after a difficult start last season and has done well so far this season, lose a couple of games and the vitriol starts.

Who has said he is clueless?

Oh and its not just 1 loss though is it, its our third game in a row without a win.

Some people said the results we got in our first three games did not really reflect our performances and instead of 9 points we could easily have had just1,  2 or 3.

We have almost not created chances this season, there are massive gaps between our lines and our midfield does not get forward fast enough to support our attack.

We have spent £50M on players this summer and going by the evidence so far we have regressed instead of progressed when it comes to the quality of our squad and especially our options going forward.

We had a paper thin squad before and even after spending £50M its got worse and the options are even fewer.

We have added players in posistions where we had good cover and totally ignored positions where we are down to the bare bones.

I think its only fair to ask questions about the manager, especially now the ones on the sunshine bus cant kill all discussion with just saying bit we have won all our games without being able to look behind the results.

I'm sure it'll get better when Gerrard pulls his finger out and two of our most important players return from injury. We've also got Allen and Cissokho to come back into the side. That's without even mentioning the third best player in the world who's still to get match sharp.

The squad is stronger than when he took over, that's unquestionable.

People are freaking out about the manager but they're unwilling to look at the context.

Probably cuz you were talking about him. And I didn't - Moofy did.

moof is not the MF so eh could not take a post from there and post it on the FF.

Oh and if people want to read the wisdom being shared on the MF they should sign up, not get it for free on here.

I'm sure it'll get better when Gerrard pulls his finger out and two of our most important players return from injury. We've also got Allen and Cissokho to come back onto the bench. That's without even mentioning the third best player in the world who's still to get match sharp.

The squad is stronger than when he took over, that's unquestionable.

People are freaking out about the manager but they're unwilling to look at the context.

fxd.

This fucking nonsense directed at the manager is ridiculous. We lost at old Trafford, and were fucking unlucky. We played better than when we beat them at home but suddenly the manager is fucking clueless?

He has it all to prove, I dont care about unlucky, unlucky is losing to a deflected goal or dodgy penalty decision in the last minute of a cup final.

Going out of the cups 3 times in 2 years (With the FA cup still to run) in the embryonic stage at Liverpool FC is sackable unless you have some amazing league acheivements to point to?

We needed to get the summer right to have a good season, we failed and Rodgers needs to turn it around with his man management and PR skills, cos thats all he had going for him as a manager before he came and thus far the other aspects have not improved.

To me he has gone again, he has shown no reason for us to continue, the job has been streamlined by our owners, all the transfer work is done by committee, so if he isnt pushing us on where we need to be then he either needs to come out and explain why he isnt being backed in the transfer market or get us in the top 4/5 this year or leave.

Putting my bias as a red to one side I look at Everton's team and cohesion which actually improved in real terms and doubt we will finish above them this season, never mind the rest. I did enjoy the mongfest on here dismissing Spurs and Arsenal's transfer work this summer, they both, from a position of strength have improved more than us, as well as Everton.

United, another team who struggled to improve themselves have with the signing of Fellaini made as much, if not more improvement than us pound for pound, Fellaini being something close to what we needed to bring in to improve.

Put it this way, if we could take all clubs dealings in the summer and roll it back we'd probably have better odds on the top 4.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

For a proxy 11.5 mil pounds we could have had both Christian Ericson and Gareth Barry(loan) to increase the depth and quality lacking from the current midfield.

I like Rodgers and think he needs time but that's bad management.

Bit harsh to use as an example of missed targets/bad management on BR's part in my opinion that mate. Eriksen wanted at least the prospect of CL football and I'm not sure City would want to give us another PL proven player in one summer. Pretty sure the majority of our fans would have been less than inspired by a deadline day swoop for the on-loan Barry too.

Bit harsh to use as an example of missed targets/bad management on BR's part in my opinion that mate. Eriksen wanted at least the prospect of CL football and I'm not sure City would want to give us another PL proven player in one summer. Pretty sure the majority of our fans would have been less than inspired by a deadline day swoop for the on-loan Barry too.

I actually do think Eriksen was there for the taking, despite the links we just didn't seem that interested in him. As much as we all know players seek CL football, I only think it's a huge issue when it comes to players in their prime. Sure if a team that has CL football comes after a young up and comer he's likely to go there [even when it's potentially to their detriment ex - Lukaku at Chelsea (he did state he was a fan long before he moved there to be fair) and basically and young player Real Madrid buy] but us and Spurs are on the same level at the moment. The reason I think we weren't interested is that Eriksen's only role is Coutinho's best role. He doesn't offer the versatility that Coutinho does because he's not got the same pace and arguably dribbling ability.

I wanted us to buy him, I'm not saying we shouldn't have, I'm simply saying that I think that's why he was never a real target for us.

As far as Lucas goes, play Henderson next to him and Gerrard in front of both while Coutinho is unavailable. Assess how that goes during said timeframe and then it's up to Rodgers to make a decision on how to best fit Coutinho back into the team.

It's hard because I see no natural partner for Gerrard in our midfield options, not one. I could argue that I've never really seen one and the closest we have come to it was Mascherano (as you know he primarily paired with Alonso). Lucas and Henderson however I could see forming a partnership but one of them would have to be more attack minded. That's not currently Lucas role and Henderson's balls only drop a few times a season. If Rodgers would allow Lucas to be free of the defensive shackles (hard to conceive as he's the only one capable of it consistently in our team); or Henderson shows he can consistently take command then it would work.

Allen is the wildcard. He's got more balls than Henderson but always gets bullied physically, it's too bad the two weren't just one player because that's what we need.

• Upvote 1