You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You never mentioned the Lyme disease. That can be a nasty thing, cant it?

Are you doing all this by yourself? Its a massive job. But what a sense of achievement.  Looking forward to seeing the After pics

I caught it early, so I have only had a bit of a fever. I'm on penicillin at the moment. 

It will be ace when it is done, and I am happy with how it's going as I know it will last.

I caught it early, so I have only had a bit of a fever. I'm on penicillin at the moment. 

It will be ace when it's done...

I bet you were never allowed a day off school for illness, were you?

Yeah, I'm really pleased with them. My only slight concern being the yellowing on some of the leaves. I think I read that its due to lack of humidity so I'm going to experiment with that.

In fact, they are doing better than the coriander which seems to go so well and then turns leggy. I'm on the case for the next sowing.

Other successes so far are radishes, dill and rocket, I've some tiny chillies and I'm just waiting for my first tomatoes to appear.

Meanwhile, I'm toying with planting out my courgettes, hoping that they're big enough to fend off the snails, to make more room for the gherkins in the greenhouse.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this

Basil is a piece of piss down here (in summer anyway, it's too cold now) but Coriander is a lot trickier.  Parsley, Thyme, Sage all grow like crazy motherfuckers too.

For Pesto - loads of Basil (probably the equivalent to all you've got in your pots total there), 30g pine nuts, 2 garlic cloves and half a cup of olive oil.  Whizz up in a whizzy machine.  Then stir in 60g of finely grated parmesan (not the pre-powdered shit, Champ).

Bob is your uncle.

• Upvote 1

Basil is a piece of piss down here (in summer anyway, it's too cold now) but Coriander is a lot trickier.  Parsley, Thyme, Sage all grow like crazy motherfuckers too.

For Pesto - loads of Basil (probably the equivalent to all you've got in your pots total there), 30g pine nuts, 2 garlic cloves and half a cup of olive oil.  Whizz up in a whizzy machine.  Then stir in 60g of finely grated parmesan (not the pre-powdered shit, Champ).

Bob is your uncle.

Thanks, J. I would be such a shit farmer....I've put so much into these little beggars I've hardly got it in me to eat the fruits of my labours. However, I do have more basil than shown in that picture so I just need to bite the bullet, I guess.

The only trick seems to be making sure they've got enough warmth to germinate and then you're away

I've been reading up about coriander...what a very sensitive specimen. I'm now fascinated to know how its grown commercially as it seems almost impossible to grow those lush green bunches domestically.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear my courgette and broccoli plants survived their first night out in the open.....surrounded by a heavy dose of slug pellets

I have so much to offer to this thread. 
I'm a middle-aged, middle-earning, middle-management kinda guy. 

I fucking LOVE our garden. It's the best room in our house. I AM the target audience, I just know it.

I'm taking a stand though. Unless this thread is renamed something way less gay, then I'm out.

"Gardening" is good.

As is "growing stuff/shit", or maybe "stick shit in muck and watch it grow (aaaw yeeah)", or possibly just, "FAO Gardening Mongs". 

But this whole "how does your garden grow" thing, though.... 

Euurgh!! It's just so non-inclusive. 

I fucking LOVE our garden. It's the best room in our house. I AM the target audience, I just know it.

I'm taking a stand though. Unless this thread is renamed something way less gay, then I'm out.

"Gardening" is good.

As is "growing stuff/shit", or maybe "stick shit in muck and watch it grow (aaaw yeeah)", or possibly just, "FAO Gardening Mongs". 

Well, there used to be a more dignified thread about gardening before Champ created this one.....

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/71826-the-gardening-thread/

• Upvote 1

"Gardening" is good.

How about something completely non-ambiguous like "Do You Trim Your Bush?" or "Is Your Front Lawn Nice and Tidy?".

Or "Nevermind the Double Entendres, Heres the Gardening Thread".

"Gardening" is good.

Behave yourself! What's non inclusive about it? The thread's here. If you dont want to join in because you dont like the thread title that's your loss

Any thread on the GF simply has to be open to Double Entendres,thems the rules.

Would you believe me if I said I never saw anything in that title. I just wanted a thread for sharing mundane gardening stuff as I couldn't face putting my amateur efforts against neko's fabulous work

Would you believe me if I said I never saw anything in that title. I just wanted a thread for sharing mundane gardening stuff as I couldn't face putting my amateur efforts against neko's fabulous work

All I Keep thinking of is "Mary, Mary quite contrary" and wondering who's gunna post a picture of pretty maids all in a row.....

Oh well, I'll do it then

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

All I Keep thinking of is "Mary, Mary quite contrary" and wondering who's gunna post a picture of pretty maids all in a row.....

Oh well, I'll do it then

anyne6ep.jpg

Exactly. It was meant as innocently as the nursery rhyme

• 2 weeks later...

Made some pesto yesterday. It was incredible.

The Pesto kid, formerly known as Jairzinho.

I've been trying to write something about my basil for about 10 minutes now but it just keeps reading all wrong. 

The Pesto kid, formerly known as Jairzinho.

I've been trying to write something about my basil for about 10 minutes now but it just keeps reading all wrong. 

Was it a Dolly?

See. Jairzinho writes it, no problem; me, gratuitous smut