You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drinking beer as a sub

Dracco

Having a beer isn't the worst thing in the world but Reina's quite childish reaction to being told he can't have one (its only a bloody beer Pepe!) was silly.

What footballers seem to forget is that the privilege of playing for Liverpool FC comes with responsibilities and restrictions. Rafa was our manager before he was anybody's colleague and (quite rightly) I don't think he gave a shit whether any of our players wanted luxury x or y, if he felt it could have even an incremental effect on their performance he would forbid it. I do, however, think Pepe's grievance at feeling a little patronised is understandable. Most footballers are thick as pigshit though so Rafa's hyper-controlling attitude may have something to do with that (look at the numptys he had when he arrived).

(In a more general sense) Being a Liverpool player isn't a Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday job but a 24/7 one. Its why so many who are talented ultimately fail.

I played footy with a lad who downed two cans of Carling (it was only Carling) 5 minutes before every game.

We'd all be having a team-talk and he would just crack open a can, down it in one, burp, open a second can and down it in one.

He was already doing this when I joined. The coach never said a word.

He was an attacking full back who would whip up and down the line all game; he was in his early 30s and a very good player.

Having a beer isn't the worst thing in the world but Reina's quite childish reaction to being told he can't have one (its only a bloody beer Pepe!) was silly.

What footballers seem to forget is that the privilege of playing for Liverpool FC comes with responsibilities and restrictions. Rafa was our manager before he was anybody's colleague and (quite rightly) I don't think he gave a shit whether any of our players wanted luxury x or y, if he felt it could have even an incremental effect on their performance he would forbid it. I do, however, think Pepe's grievance at feeling a little patronised is understandable. Most footballers are thick as pigshit though so Rafa's hyper-controlling attitude may have something to do with that (look at the numptys he had when he arrived).

(In a more general sense) Being a Liverpool player isn't a Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday job but a 24/7 one. Its why so many who are talented ultimately fail.

Talking out of your arse as usual, and who the fuck keeps repping you to get you in the green?

Reina was in the wrong there- not read his book but that aint interesting.

The pic below of the German coach soaked in beer is superb.

He was right when he said they did not play well that night, I was at that game a few years ago, home fans created a fantastic atmosphere