You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Sorry' date=' but that's twisting Sturridge's career a bit.

City wanted to keep him, Chelsea poached him, then through a procession of managers and an unsettled squad failed to offer him a decent run, whilst a £50m man who couldn't hit a barn door had to be played. Neither side during Sturridge's time was a model designed to foster the talent of an up and coming international.

I really don't get why so many of our fans still seem to view Sturridge with suspicion. When played consistently as a CF, here and at Bolton, he's produced.[/quote']

Chelsea were looking for an accomplished forward in Sturridge at age 19. It's a joke of a football club. How they will regret it now when he bangs in more goals than Torress!

Guest davelfc
Not much signs of players coming in at the minute.

Dominic King said Skrtel was told he could leave but now he's been told the position has changed.

Because of an offer for Agger maybe.

I can't see Barca paying what we'd want though' date=' and Agger's not the sort to down tools.[/quote']

Nah there won't be any drama over it.

I just reckon if hes told about the bid he'd probably say he wants to go.

If we said no though as you say hes not the type to down tools.

Yep' date=' Dzsudzsák is playing for Dynamo Moscow since January 2012. Willian and Eto'o are probably to expensive, Lass Diarra has heart problems. Don't know much about Jucilei, maybe Lacine Traore but they payed 18M or sth like that for him..[/quote']

They'll probably want sales but I can see them accepting a loan for a couple of their players with an option to buy at the end - just to get them off the wage bill.

Willian would be a good addition if we could get him, especially at 24. I was here thinking he was 29 for some reason.

Anzhi selling all their players anyone we could pinch? Being realistic of course.

They are all probably on unrealistic wages for us but this Jucilei would be someone we could do with I think. Strong and quick Brazilian who can play CM and DM.

EDit: Has been mentioned here, oh well.

Of course the Summer Transfer season has been dominated with the Suarez saga.

But the numbers about a week before the start of new season show that we have £0 net spent this summer so far. Well done FSG!

If they sell Suarez we'll probably move for Costa and Papadopoulos. Otherwise we will remain as such. Win-Win. FSG always wins.

If Chelsea aren't just posturing and they really won't sell Luiz, we might lose Agger if they go for him instead. Guardian says :

"The manager sees David Luiz as a core member of the squad with which he intends to take the Premier League title from Manchester United and says he has no interest in selling his best players. The player, who arrived from Benfica in January 2011 for £21m, has been earmarked as an untouchable by Mourinho – along with Oscar, Juan Mata and Eden Hazard."

Chelsea turn down Barcelona's £35m offer for David Luiz | Football | The Guardian

Maybe if Rodgers has the same view with Agger though in terms of getting a top 4 place we might be ok? Really hoping that he can be our next captain in future seasons and that we'll get CL football back with him still here.

Because of an offer for Agger maybe.

Something going around on Twitter last night that Agger said he'll stay as long as we want him after the club confirmed to him Skrtel is going nowhere (best mates apparently)

sounds like horseshit to me but you never know