You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

75k a week is nothing. The rest if the stuff would be easy for us to offer too.

We could have offered the same terms. He went there because there was no other team in for him it seems.

Funny when a young lad earning the same in a week that I will in 3 years is seen as nothing. Especially when it represents something of a gamble.

We wont be paying that amount unless we are sure they will come in and be a success and even then we'll think twice about it. Been stung too often with wasters on high salaries not contributing to the team (step forward Downing etc).

Question: if we are not going to sell Suarez, what are we going to do with him? Will he play? Similar situation with Lewandovski at Dortmund, what's happening to him. Wonder if they fancy a swap for a year - Both players get to play, both clubs save a bit of face. Just thinking like!

Question: if we are not going to sell Suarez, what are we going to do with him? Will he play? Similar situation with Lewandovski at Dortmund, what's happening to him. Wonder if they fancy a swap for a year - Both players get to play, both clubs save a bit of face. Just thinking like!

Interesting!!!...Get it done.

Henry is doing an admirable impression of Watzke, actually. We hold one or two more aces than Dortmund as well.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos on Liverpool: A lot has been written. Where there is smoke, there is fire. A couple of teams have showed interest I do not want to mention the clubs. I cannot move while I am injured. I just returned to training and hope to be match fit in 3-4 weeks

I didn't realise he was still injured. A loan to buy would probably be the best option here.

I think Downing and Skrtel will both be leaving soon. Assaidi is almost certainly on his way. There doesn't seem to be much interest in Coates but I'd be surprised if he was still here come the start of the season.

I think we need three players: a forward, a left back and a centre half (if Skrtel and Coates leave.) I'm sure we will move for Papadopoulos again and we may use the Downing money to sign Cissokho on a permanent deal rather than on loan. Then it's a matter of Costa or someone else for the forward role.