You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fowler9

Good move for Robinson - hope he gets games and experience.

As for Dean Saunders, I'm not one for slagging off former players, but if I were to slag off a former player, he'd be somewhere near the front of the queue. I suppose Diouf, Cheyrou and Ruddock would be in his way, like, but still near the front.

And it wouldn't be just for his neck-tapping mullet.

Good move for Robinson - hope he gets games and experience.

As for Dean Saunders, I'm not one for slagging off former players, but if I were to slag off a former player, he'd be somewhere near the front of the queue. I suppose Diouf, Cheyrou and Ruddock would be in his way, like, but still near the front.

And it wouldn't be just for his neck-tapping mullet.

When you look back Souness was severely hamstrung when at the club but he didn't help himself at all. Barnes lost his pace due thigh and achilles injuries, Molby coundn't find a pair of shorts that fitted him, Whelan, Houghton and Rush had hit their 30's and needed replacing/less relied on.

Was it Souness that flogged Alderidge and Beardsley? What a tool.

There was a rumour he had them train on hard surfaces/concrete, not good if coming back from injury. 23 goals in one season. How many of our recent strikers have managed that?

I think what Saunders will be most remembered for by the majority of non LFC fans is the (trying to be diplomatic here) coming together between him and Paul Elliott, resulting in the later never playing again.

EDIT: Just realised the 23 goals is total, thought it was just league, still good though

Could make his debut for Wolves at Barnsley tonight.

Be interesting to see what we do at LB in the ressies now. Robinson gone, Smith and Pelosi out for the season...

Flanno can fill in there if he's nearing fitness, I guess Maguire will get a chance and maybe O'Hanlon will step in at U18 level. Maybe Dunn/Quirk will get another run back there.

I would assume that the plan will be to push a couple of the Under 18 lads into the reserves squad from here until the end of the season, as we're now a little short of numbers defensively in the ressies. (Sokolik seems to have vanished again, so I'm assuming he too is injured).

As good a time as any to see if the younger lads can make the step up to the next stage.

Lloyd Jones and Joe Maguire would seem to be the obvious choices to see more time with the ressies during the remainder of the season, in my opinion.

Dean Saunders. Who can forget him giving an interview all but in tears saying he wasn't up for going but it was out of his hands, after what turned out to be his last game for us. Souness then sold him to Villa days before we played them, didn't demand anything to stop him taking part in the game, and quelle surprise he bagged 2 for them in a 4-2 win featuring THAT Ronnie Rosenthal moment.

Fuck our luck.

Wolves should never have sacked Solbakken, they will be relegated because of it.

Oh and Saunders was shite, was it not something like 9/10 goals he scored that season, the thing is that was his level too.

I remember when him and Mark Wright was paraded as our saviours, fuckin hell.

5749147_450_450_0_0_fit_0_40c34d6850561c1b907a753767ed45a1.jpg

When you look back Souness was severely hamstrung when at the club but he didn't help himself at all. Barnes lost his pace due thigh and achilles injuries' date=' Molby coundn't find a pair of shorts that fitted him, Whelan, Houghton and Rush had hit their 30's and needed replacing/less relied on.

Was it Souness that flogged Alderidge and Beardsley? What a tool.

There was a rumour he had them train on hard surfaces/concrete, not good if coming back from injury. 23 goals in one season. How many of our recent strikers have managed that?

I think what Saunders will be most remembered for by the majority of non LFC fans is the (trying to be diplomatic here) coming together between him and Paul Elliott, resulting in the later never playing again.

EDIT: Just realised the 23 goals is total, thought it was just league, still good though[/quote']

Dalglish sold Aldridge while Souness got rid of Beardsley to the Blueshite and he tore strips off us whenever we played them until he moved back to Geordieland.

Souness was a tit when he was manager here and it wasnt bad luck that fucked him it was incompetence and we still keep repeating this incompetence even now.

I've been thinking about Saunders and my dislike of him. I think I've pinpointed it. It wasn't actually that bobbing mullet, it was actually I knew he was poor/average quality and Liverpool paid big for him.

His purchase was a sign of things to come. Previously we bought the best to stay the best. Saunders symbolised where we were headed.

Grim.

Not sure how much Robinson is going to learn at a team destined for League One football. Can't do much for the young lad's confidence when a whole stadium is booing you off the pitch.

Still would be a better experience that the U-21s. I'm pretty sure if we could loan him to a better club, we would've and tbf at this point in time, League 1 is probably his level.

Woah, woah, woah, woah, WOAH! Hold on there cowboy! Only the player Jimmy Carter could've been.

David .......Speedie (yes I know he was a Kenny signing but still)

Paul Stewart, good grief!

Does anyone remember when some rag (think it was the mirror) touted some rumour we were gonna swap Stewart for the aging Rocastle?

Wouldn't have minded Rocky at the club

I've been thinking about Saunders and my dislike of him. I think I've pinpointed it. It wasn't actually that bobbing mullet, it was actually I knew he was poor/average quality and Liverpool paid big for him.

His purchase was a sign of things to come. Previously we bought the best to stay the best. Saunders symbolised where we were headed.

Grim.

I was a kid when we bought him but i still remember thinking, "Dean who? Who does he play for? Derby? They any good?"

Wasn't he a then British record signing? What was it again, 2.9-3.9M?

Peanuts now but if we paid that amount now for a striker who scored that many goals the media would have their tongue permanently attached to Brendan's rusty sheriff's badge!

Still would be a better experience that the U-21s. I'm pretty sure if we could loan him to a better club, we would've and tbf at this point in time, League 1 is probably his level.

Whatever happened to those partnerships we had with other lower league and foreign clubs? Would it be worth utilising one of them if they still exist? Ger them learning some new techniques and getting used to not playing on bowling greens!

Trying to think back to Saunders at Liverpool & don't really get any hatred towards him. As I remember, he came, was decent without being great, he moved on & we never made a loss on him.

The thing I recall most is that he had what I call ' Cole's tongue ' ( Joe not Cheryl unfortunately ) whereby he seemed incapable of keeping it in his mouth.