You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

59 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

For the past two decades I've worked for the same company, over half that time it has been very corporate oriented, more so the last few years. I've been lucky to do well and just crack on but the amount of complete nonsense I've seen over these is ridiculous, dickheads coming in swinging trying to change things that invariably don't work, they leave and we pick up the aftermath. Worked with some genuinely great people and seen colleagues stressed to fuck, leaving in tears, the lot. And it's getting worse, it's like the devise ways to create stuff nobody wants to get in the way of actually doing what's required to make the business successful and keep the employees involved and motivated.

Thankfully I'm going in a few weeks, off to hopefully greener pastures and whilst I never realised it, the weight off my shoulders since I handed in my resignation is visible to family and friends, it's amazing how it can affect you without you realising.

Good luck pal.

10 hours ago, littletedwest said:

I  once found out I was being made redundant on the news. Publicly floated companies have to report to the stock market first rather than employees which is nice.

"We now go live to a local business property where we understand Little Ted West has been made redundant..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have a managers away day 10-4 in London today. 

A colleague and I had planned to go up yesterday, I’d drive us up and we were just going to get a cheap hotel last night as the first train wouldn’t get into Paddington until 10:15. 

Would have cost about £400 for the pair of us. 

Chief Exec refused the hotel and insisted we had to get the train up and back in a day. 

Which is now going to cost over £600 for the two of us. 

Signal failure before Exeter and we’ve only just got to Reading, when we finally get into Paddington we still then need to get across to Friends House Euston. 

The cunt has now messaged three times asking how much later are we going to be. 

29 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Have a managers away day 10-4 in London today. 

A colleague and I had planned to go up yesterday, I’d drive us up and we were just going to get a cheap hotel last night as the first train wouldn’t get into Paddington until 10:15. 

Would have cost about £400 for the pair of us. 

Chief Exec refused the hotel and insisted we had to get the train up and back in a day. 

Which is now going to cost over £600 for the two of us. 

Signal failure before Exeter and we’ve only just got to Reading, when we finally get into Paddington we still then need to get across to Friends House Euston. 

The cunt has now messaged three times asking how much later are we going to be. 

Thick as shit aren't they?

• Upvote 1

My customer has gone to tendor and making a decision on 15/12th- happy Christmas with possible redundancy. 

Had my mid year review yesterday. 

my boss asked me

"how will you feel being under possible consultation by the business whilst leading the consultations with your team"

cunts the lot of them

1 minute ago, Fowlers God said:

My customer has gone to tendor and making a decision on 15/12th- happy Christmas with possible redundancy. 

my boss asked me

"how will you feel being under possible consultation by the business whilst leading the consultations with your team"

cunts the lot of them

I take it he was looking for an answer other than "Completely fucking grim you empty corporate entity!"?

6 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

my boss asked me

cunts the lot of them

Fuck me. 

"Stand there mate while I hold this gun to your head, and point that gun at those people, there's a good lad"

Grim. As. Fuck.