You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I mean, what the fuck does any of it mean? I dont know, the delegates wont know and i'm pretty sure the twats that set the thing up wont know. Its just a waste of fucking time.

The fact that the opening remarks are by someone from Mars is a clue

• Upvote 1

I mean, what the fuck does any of it mean? I dont know, the delegates wont know and i'm pretty sure the twats that set the thing up wont know. Its just a waste of fucking time.

The fact that the opening remarks are by someone from Mars is a clue

The fact that the remarks are by someone from Mars is the measure of the success of what has been happening in this field.

This all started out with some peace loving, religious mystics saying nature doesn't structure itself so that the end result of any process is waste. Its systems are circular, not linear, they self-perpetuate, why don't ours perpetuate anything other than landfills. Of course the greens loved it, but the industrial capitalists and politicians whose processes need re-tooled, just said, "Get these corduroys out of here."

So they went away and over decades crafted and recrafted their ideas and messaging until they could speak about asset reclassification and extending ROI BEYOND the lifetime of a product, about how a linear process cannot generate revenue beyond the point at which it terminates, about how "output" is a synonym for waste. And guess what all of a sudden those people wanted to listen. And the greens wore suits.

The greens broke out of their straitjacket of cords and cardies and mono-conceptions of industry as enemy to be confronted and found a way to get an industrial conglomerate like Mars inc. to sell their dream of products, business models and economies that don't have as their ultimate objective a mass of waste to be buried under other masses of waste.

So instead of sneering and ridiculing, step back and witness us on the verge of the single greatest achievement the green community has ever managed. And hug a circular economist.

The religious mystic, pacifist fellow was a scouser BTW.

• Upvote 2

The fact that the remarks are by someone from Mars is the measure of the success of what has been happening in this field.

This all started out with some peace loving, religious mystics saying nature doesn't structure itself so that the end result of any process is waste. Its systems are circular, not linear, they self-perpetuate, why don't ours perpetuate anything other than landfills. Of course the greens loved it, but the industrial capitalists and politicians whose processes need re-tooled, just said, "Get these corduroys out of here."

So they went away and over decades crafted and recrafted their ideas and messaging until they could speak about asset reclassification and extending ROI BEYOND the lifetime of a product, about how a linear process cannot generate revenue beyond the point at which it terminates, about how "output" is a synonym for waste. And guess what all of a sudden those people wanted to listen. And the greens wore suits.

The greens broke out of their straitjacket of cords and cardies and mono-conceptions of industry as enemy to be confronted and found a way to get an industrial conglomerate like Mars inc. to sell their dream of products, business models and economies that don't have as their ultimate objective a mass of waste to be buried under other masses of waste.

So instead of sneering and ridiculing, step back and witness us on the verge of the single greatest achievement the green community has ever managed. And hug a circular economist.

The religious mystic, pacifist fellow was a scouser BTW.

This, obviously, now makes complete sense to me

• Upvote 1

I work in a pharma multi-national for the past 6 years and last week i interviewed for a management role that i have been covering for the past 4 months due to someone transferring to a different dept. Anyway, did a bit of prep for it, had all the buzz words and when i used them during the interview you could see the directors and HR hottie creaming every time i coached mentored prioritised empowered and strategised. These people have worked with me for 4+ years and were more impressed with my ability to speak bullshit than my credentials.

Will find out later this week if an external candidate enunciated superior verbal diarrhoea than I.

• Upvote 5