You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

"It's not funny anymore, is it? Look at David Moyes. Look at that face. Look behind those sad blue eyes at the rivers of eternal pain that flow in his soul. Seriously. Who laughs at that?

I'm looking at you, Liverpool fans.

This has long rumbled past the point of being funny. What we're watching now is one man flounder. His life’s work, his ambitions, his hopes and his dreams, they’ve all been set ablaze in front of the watching world while Mick Hucknall warbles a sympathetic dirge from the directors’ box. It’s horrible, and if you laughed when Fulham equalised in the 95th minute, you’re a bad, bad person.

Yeah, we’re all bad, bad people.

But how do you solve a problem like Moyes? The sack would be the easiest answer, but it’s also the most expensive. With over five years of his contract remaining, it would cost approximately 25 million pounds to pay the man off. It would also set a precedent that would haunt his successors. Sacking a manager before the end of his first season? That’s the sort of thing Chelsea do.

But can you really justify keeping him? The football is terrible. It’s just a succession of crosses fired in like an artillery bombardment. On Sunday, United came very close to releasing a cross every minute of the game, much to the delight of the Fulham defenders who cheerfully headed the vast majority of them away. Yet there’s no target man. Manchester United would actually be 10 times as effective a footballing force if they had Andy Carroll in the team, and that’s the most unlikely sentence I’ve ever typed.

Every time you think Moyes has hit rock-bottom, the floor gives way and he plunges down another level. There are collapses in form. Late goals. Injuries. Napoleon once said that he didn’t want good generals, he wanted lucky ones. He’d have had Moyes shot on the first morning just to be on the safe side.

The situation is almost irredeemable. Barring an unlikely Champions League win, and I think we all know that Olympiakos are going to go through on away goals after a cataclysmic last-minute error from Chris Smalling, United are playing for Europa League football.

And as amusing as this is to non-United supporters, there’s one man out there who’s going through his own personal hell."

• Upvote 6

He must be a nightmare to live with at the minute.

All "WHO SAID THAT?" when a song comes on the radio, and waking bolt upright in the middle of the night to shout "No I'm fucking not" to the moon.

Haha this is classic. The moon line has got me crying

• Upvote 1

If results dont get much better before the end of the season it will probably be cheaper to sack him than watch there value plummet even lower by keeping him on.

Thing is though, if they sack him before the end of the season they will have set a dangerous precedent for the next man coming in. They're basically saying fail to get it right in 6 months and you're a goner. Makes the job that bit less attractive and adds even more pressure for the new guy. Which is nice.

"Every time you think Moyes has hit rock-bottom, the floor gives way and he plunges down another level. There are collapses in form. Late goals. Injuries. Napoleon once said that he didn’t want good generals, he wanted lucky ones. He’d have had Moyes shot on the first morning just to be on the safe side."

That had me in stitches! Poetry in motion! Brilliant, couldn't have put it better myself.

The medieval catapult-style crossing obsession certainly answers the United fanbase's "Why is Fellaini here?" question.

By the looks of that, perhaps Allardyce was less deluded than most thought in believing someone of his methods could get the gig at a big club.

Like asking Milli Vanilli to headline Glastonbury this is.

• Upvote 1

Tell you one thing that's made me laugh in all this is the attitude of evertonians. It's embarrassing seeing them pile on the abuse considering they're the mancs' fucking mini me. Moyes dragged them up by the boot straps, they have short memories and seem to forget they were perennial relegation fodder. Evertonian loyalties shift more than Karen Carpenter's bowels after a Lamb Roganjosh.

• Upvote 2