You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think that he is associated with a very bad time for LFC, that people just get a bad feeling hearing his name, apart from being no good on the pitch.

The ownership, the Rafa/Hodgson fiasco, and then getting sent off in his Anfield debut. As a professional he always seem to have contucted himself well here though, which is the least you could expect i guess after being paid so much for so little.

Supposedly we've paid him around £10 million in wages, which would have been more had it not been for the Lille loan, and possibly a signing on fee aswell.

Say what!?

That's totally the opposite of what dalglish and rodgers have said (sat on his arse and showed no desire) about him so, I dont know how you formulate that opinion.

He spent a season on loan elsewhere, If he wanted to 'sit on his arse' and had no desire to get fit, why would he go out on loan for a season?

Silly, childish comments robbie as well as being inaccurate.

What else are they going to say?

The abuse players like Lucas, Henderson, Kuyt etc have gotten over the years when they've tried their hardest for the club yet this fucking muppet who quite clearly didnt give a shit is being given the benefit of the doubt. He quite clearly only cares about his bank balance. He was millions and everytime he stepped on a football field he had his hands on his hips after 5 minutes.

So do me a favour and fuck off with your condescending bollocks.

Easily one of the worst signings ever, by anyone. Involved in a couple dozen games, literally. Someone who is brighter than I can figure out how much we paid for Joe Cole per game. My feeling is (without a transfer fee loss) it will be near the highest in the history of football - top of the head it feels like near 400k a game.

What else are they going to say?

The abuse players like Lucas, Henderson, Kuyt etc have gotten over the years when they've tried their hardest for the club yet this fucking muppet who quite clearly didnt give a shit is being given the benefit of the doubt. He quite clearly only cares about his bank balance. He was millions and everytime he stepped on a football field he had his hands on his hips after 5 minutes.

So do me a favour and fuck off with your condescending bollocks.

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment there.

No more passengers/shithouses on big wages , or any wage for that matter.

He came, he smoked, he left.

Don't feel any particular malice towards him though, he didn't offer himself the contract, it was our own fault for offering footballs Dot Cotton a huge amount of money when he clearly wasn't good enough.

Hope he does well at west ham, I always liked him (just not when he was playing for us)

I blame Joe Cole and nobody else for being a disgrace of an athlete. Of course, we should never have offered him a contract - let alone a massive one - but he was consistently out of condition. He's 31 and a professional footballer, for fuck's sake, nor 51 and a taxi driver.