You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Villa Sánchez

WhiskeyJar

David Villa Sánchez  

71 members have voted

1. 1. David Villa Sánchez

• Yes, even as a loan we need that kind of quality.
    • No, what we need is Theo Walcott.
    • Don't know/Might be passed it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd have loved him a few years ago back when Rafa tried to get him - before anybody knew who he was - but he's the past.

now we've got Sturridge another striker is not desperately needed (if Borini is going to be back soon) but would be nice and if it is Villa I'd prefer a loan to a permanent to be honest given his age and likely wages wouldn't want him on a long contract in case it didn't work out, we'd be made to say no if him coming on loan was a genuine possibility, he'll end up at Arsenal I reckon

cant see is happening. its becoming clear that BR signing policies/priorities are British players. also he is making statements in the press about players commanding huge salaries and are bang average (dont think that would apply to Villa though). Since Daniel Sturridge is now a red I hope he gets it drilled into him that the football club was built to success over a long period off blood and sweat and not what he seen at man city and chelsea. If he said he is humble well then I expect 110% team work from him.

I'd have loved him a few years ago back when Rafa tried to get him - before anybody knew who he was - but he's the past.

You know thats not true Rafa's signings were shit, he spunked a load of money on shit and he never had an eye for a player ask Code or Unrightous.

If people are saying no because they think it's just a pipedream then fair enough because it probably is but I can't believe anyone would think he wouldn't be a good signing. Maybe not the player he once was but he'd still score for fun with the general standard of defending in the premier league this season.

Guest San Don
Can't help but think it would have a similar outcome to when we signed morientes.

The difference being Villa can score whereas morientes couldnt.

I'd have Villa on loan, wouldnt pay £16m for him on a transfer though. Barca must be having a laugh.

There is a twitter account called @barcastuff. Got over 100k followers and seem to have good info about barca. They tweeted today that a deal was done for villa last year, but he broke his leg and it was called off.

Personally can't see him agreeing to come here last year, never mind this year.