You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wesley Sneijder

Fowlers God

Not buying this Champions League means its worth a move to Turkey stuff, I too think the Sky best league ever ever stuff is a load of bollocks but move to Galatasaray just because they are in the Champions League, so you'd expect someone to join Celtic over us? Whats the point in testing yourself in the Champions League (and most likely get knocked out in the group stages/last 16) if your going to be playing against shite every week domestically?

Agree,

Also if you are of the opinion the PL is the best league out there why is it that you have to of agreed with Sky?, also to be the best league doesn't automatically mean it has to be the best quality league, pretty basic way to look at it as there are a lot of other factors.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the most watched, most famous footballing league in the world? It has been the number one league for decades, and when it's not the number one league it's briefly the number two league. Then money is spent and it's the number one league again.

What is this based on? I think that the majority of players in the world feel La Liga is the ultimate stop.

What is this based on? I think that the majority of players in the world feel La Liga is the ultimate stop.

Even though more people watch the Premier League? Madness.

I really don't understand why a professional footballer would give that much of a fuck about which league is whored around the globe the best.

Surely quality of life, weather, quality of football, quality of managers, style of football, etc, would have a bigger impact?

You'd only move here for money. Because the bottom dwellers of the league will pay twice as much as the bottom dwellers in Serie A, Bundesliga, or La Liga.

Even though more people watch the Premier League? Madness.

I really don't understand why a professional footballer would give that much of a fuck about which league is whored around the globe the best.

Surely quality of life, weather, quality of football, quality of managers, style of football, etc, would have a bigger impact?

You'd only move here for money. Because the bottom dwellers of the league will pay twice as much as the bottom dwellers in Serie A, Bundesliga, or La Liga.

I think if I was a player I'd want to experience the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga at some point in my career purely because I think they are the best leagues around, I certainly wouldn't have Turkey on my list for any footballing reasons

I think if I was a player I'd want to experience the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga at some point in my career purely because I think they are the best leagues around, I certainly wouldn't have Turkey on my list for any footballing reasons

WTF??

He's won La Liga and the Serie A and the CL and played in a World Cup final.

He gets one last payday. After this he probably goes back and plays in Holland for a nice twilight.

WTF??

He's won La Liga and the Serie A and the CL and played in a World Cup final.

He gets one last payday. After this he probably goes back and plays in Holland for a nice twilight.

and you really think he needs the payday? He clearly didn't really want to go to Galatasaray otherwise he wouldn't have delayed the move for days trying to get us to cough up some extra cash, he is 28 and could still have several good years left but it seems he is going to waste them playing in a shit league for a few extra quid that he'll never even see, poor mentality to have imo

and you really think he needs the payday? He clearly didn't really want to go to Galatasaray otherwise he wouldn't have delayed the move for days trying to get us to cough up some extra cash, he is 28 and could still have several good years left but it seems he is going to waste them playing in a shit league for a few extra quid that he'll never even see, poor mentality to have imo

Based on what in bold?

A lot of these guys are looking at setting their families up for generations, not deciding on which new car they are going to buy.

Based on what in bold?

A lot of these guys are looking at setting their families up for generations, not deciding on which new car they are going to buy.

I'd hazard a guess that he has been earning at least 80k a week for the last six years since he joined Madrid and before that he'll still have been paid more than handsomely and since then has signed a couple of insane contracts, do you really think maybe bringing in an extra 10k a week at Galatasaray rather than playing at Liverpool/Inter/any decent standard of football for a little bit less but still an insane amount would affect his life in any way at all?

Not to mention any Sponsorship money he will have made over the course of his career

do you really think maybe bringing in an extra 10k a week - would affect his life in any way at all?

He wasn't going to stay at Inter under any circumstances. Seems like it was a choice between England and Turkey.

With tax rate and length of contract differences - of course it would. You are probably talking in many millions of Euro difference.

He wasn't going to stay at Inter under any circumstances. Seems like it was a choice between England and Turkey.

With tax rate and length of contract differences - of course it would. You are probably talking in many millions of Euro difference.

When you've already earnt the money to be set to do what you want for life, it shouldn't make a difference in my opinion.

It seems he tried to get the reduced Inter deal back on the table but they had already decided by then that he had to go, it seems obvious to me that in footballing terms going to Turkey was the last thing that he actually wanted but he has been a coward and followed the money, not completely disimilar to when Owen went to Newcastle, not a move he wanted at all but didn't have the bottle to hold out for the right move

Anyway I hope his bonus for winning the Turkish League helps put food on the table!