You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Most of Barcelona's players are schooled from the start in variations of 4-3-3. Their first team have used it for years, they have 5, give or take one or two, of the best players in the world and arguably the best squad in world football. To say, 'watch Barcelona' to get the blueprint of 4-3-3 is easy enough. But without the players to implement it properly it does not matter. Now some might say, change the formation and tactics, but the problem will remain the same, we wont score enough goals, as last season showed.

We are blessed with 2 very good wing backs.

So the team i picked above would utilise them in a more attacking way, as wingers, whilst also give the rookie defenders replacing them, some cover.

My team would score more goals than Rodgers team.

So there...

Not only that, the first one from that team to get the chop would be Gerrard when a new striker is bought.

Our squad is shot through with mediocrity, this line up uses the best available.

I don't think he will change his "philosophy" though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Flipping that around, if it was wrong in the second half of last season then it's wrong now. Either Kenny should have been given more time or the new man is a flop. You can't have neither.

There's a massive difference. Kenny spent 35m on a striker, 20m on a winger, 24m on midfielders, £16m on defenders, in order to take the team forward. After a season and a half and three transfer windows, he didn't do that and there was no signs of a prosperous future. Kenny, like Code, was more than happy with the players he had in and thought it required

On the other hand, Rodgers has had 4 months (today, actually) since the league started. He has made only two major signings since joining and one of those broke his body as soon as he got here. He took over a side which ended the second half of the season with 11 losses in 19 games. Then he lost 4 of the previous season's 6 top scorers. That's the side he took over. When he has the opportunity to spend 35m on a striker, 20m on a winger, etc., etc., then he must be judged on results.

I just feel like we're turning around in circles week in and week out. Nothing much can change until we get more attacking players. We can't keep on, every weekend, talking about the same things, or expecting things to change, not until we get more players in to attack.

I think we can agree that we're playing well in a good percentage of our games, but we just don't have the quality up front. When you've spent 20m on a winger and 35m on a striker, that's fucking hard to take. It's Rodgers job to fix that problem. He spent 10m on a striker, but he barely got in the door. I think it's only fair to say he needs players, no matter how good he is. Once he has those, it's fair game.

My personal feeling at the moment is that Rodgers is way out of his depth. Hopefully he can learn to swim though.

I'm not of that opinion, but I can certainly accept yours. Mine is that he's not out of his depth, it's just that we don't have the players. For me, I won't even begin to judge him 'til the beginning of next season.

When he has the opportunity to spend 35m on a striker, 20m on a winger, etc., etc., then he must be judged on results.

Now that is retarded.

I'll judge him on his ability to get results relative to the resources he has available. Just like we did when judging him good enough to deserve the job.

We are blessed with 2 very good wing backs.

So the team i picked above would utilise them in a more attacking way, as wingers, whilst also give the rookie defenders replacing them, some cover.

My team would score more goals than Rodgers team.

So there...

Not only that, the first one from that team to get the chop would be Gerrard when a new striker is bought.

Our squad is shot through with mediocrity, this line up uses the best available.

I don't think he will change his "philosophy" though.

His philosophy is not tied down to a straight 4-3-3 as is evident by how he's changed formation depending on the opposition. It is however dependant on certain type of players, of which we are several short of. The formation can be tweaked in almost endless variations, the bottom line is we need better players in certain positions. There are no guarantees that line up of yours would do better than Rodgers prefered starting 11 or formation.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Now that is retarded.

I'll judge him on his ability to get results relative to the resources he has available.

You're either misreading what I'm saying, or you're just unable to understand it. You called me retarded, then went on to basically repeat the point I made. You're a fraud, and a monumental cunt.

My point, which is surely obvious to anybody with a brain, is that Rodgers is NOT currently being judged relative to resources. Oaf.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

Thats not Rodgers' problem and shouldn't really be brought up to him. It would be unfair to use that as an example set by them, even though they never really gave Kenny a chance. If we do keep using that, we'll be averaging a manger every 12 months until they leave.

And if the fans use that, then we're in a sad state of affairs.

A good portion will, you just know it.

resources aside when you look at the totality of Rodgers career the results have been somewhat below Meh.

I've said given his marching orders from FSG which seem to be a along the lines of "revolutionize" or "tear it down and start over" he needs at least 24 months and 4 windows so long as relegation is not a threat.

At this point we're 1/4 through that and the tear it down part is well under way. That however is the easy part. After January the pressure to produce results will start to edge up and each month that goes by will see that increase.

You're either misreading what I'm saying, or you're just unable to understand it. You called me retarded, then went on to basically repeat the point I made. You're a fraud, and a monumental cunt.

My point, which is surely obvious to anybody with a brain, is that Rodgers is NOT currently being judged relative to resources. Oaf.

Retarded. Inarticulate. And a potty-mouth. What a catch.

There's a massive difference. Kenny spent 35m on a striker, 20m on a winger, 24m on midfielders, £16m on defenders, in order to take the team forward. After a season and a half and three transfer windows, he didn't do that and there was no signs of a prosperous future. Kenny, like Code, was more than happy with the players he had in and thought it required

On the other hand, Rodgers has had 4 months (today, actually) since the league started. He has made only two major signings since joining and one of those broke his body as soon as he got here. He took over a side which ended the second half of the season with 11 losses in 19 games. Then he lost 4 of the previous season's 6 top scorers. That's the side he took over. When he has the opportunity to spend 35m on a striker, 20m on a winger, etc., etc., then he must be judged on results.

I just feel like we're turning around in circles week in and week out. Nothing much can change until we get more attacking players. We can't keep on, every weekend, talking about the same things, or expecting things to change, not until we get more players in to attack.

I think we can agree that we're playing well in a good percentage of our games, but we just don't have the quality up front. When you've spent 20m on a winger and 35m on a striker, that's fucking hard to take. It's Rodgers job to fix that problem. He spent 10m on a striker, but he barely got in the door. I think it's only fair to say he needs players, no matter how good he is. Once he has those, it's fair game.

I'm not of that opinion, but I can certainly accept yours. Mine is that he's not out of his depth, it's just that we don't have the players. For me, I won't even begin to judge him 'til the beginning of next season.

You are right about a lot of what you say, but Borini being 'broken' has in fact saved his arse from a lot of criticism. Because Borini is nowhere near good enough for this club (I await the "give him a chance!" heckles) and has never shown as much in his career.

Allen, Borini and Assaidi were a waste of £28m. The only one of the three which has performed to the standard we need is Assaidi, but he is never played - so why buy him?

Borini was dropped repeatedly before he got injured, and looked rubbish in all but one game, in which he looked okay. Allen looked great in his first two (or so) games but has since been awful. Both he and Gerrard have been our worst performers over the last month. Hopefully he can turn it around. But even if he can, he isn't worth £15m, never.

Hopefully he can spend better in January. He deserves the chance given how he was screwed in the summer. But he really needs to get a passport - you will never get value for money in the UK.

Fair do's Dave, I apologize for the insult it was out of order and I shouldn't have said it.

I think I need a break from this forum for a bit - I am not enjoying it at all at the moment, it just seems to be one long disagreement - with different names.

now come on mate, we are all struggling to find different reasons why we are shit. if we were doing great we would all agree that we are great, but we are not which is why we discuss it. you make some good points but also ones people wont agree with. it's good to hear other peoples thoughts too.... even if they are utter bollocks.

Guest davelfc
You are right about a lot of what you say, but Borini being 'broken' has in fact saved his arse from a lot of criticism. Because Borini is nowhere near good enough for this club (I await the "give him a chance!" heckles) and has never shown as much in his career..

Are you saying that if Borini had been fit and able for selection that we would not have scored more goals? I really don't get how you can come to that conclusion. You already anticipated being pulled up on this but seem to be waving away any sensible questioning over it.

I admit that he's been a great excuse because he has not been available as was Lucas and the old we'll see 50% more from Allen when Lucas is back, well, where is this 50%?

Come February there will be nowhere to hide, we should have Borini back, a newly purchased striker and maybe a couple of other purchases and sales. From then on we simply have to see an improvement.

You are right about a lot of what you say, but Borini being 'broken' has in fact saved his arse from a lot of criticism. Because Borini is nowhere near good enough for this club (I await the "give him a chance!" heckles) and has never shown as much in his career.

Given he is 21 years old that is some statement to make!

Sorry, 21 Years old, and a full Italian International - that is some statement to make.

Whereas a 23 year old - who was given six months to get over his injury, then a few months to get his confidence going before he finally give us a few decent performances towards the back end of last season is a player who we should have given the opportunity to. This may not be you saying it, but you know as well as I do, that an awful lot of fans are stating that.

Given he is 21 years old that is some statement to make!

Sorry, 21 Years old, and a full Italian International - that is some statement to make.

Whereas a 23 year old - who was given six months to get over his injury, then a few months to get his confidence going before he finally give us a few decent performances towards the back end of last season is a player who we should have given the opportunity to. This may not be you saying it, but you know as well as I do, that an awful lot of fans are stating that.

Borini cannot be judged - it is as simple as that.

Allen, Borini and Assaidi were a waste of £28m. The only one of the three which has performed to the standard we need is Assaidi, but he is never played - so why buy him?

Borini was dropped repeatedly before he got injured, and looked rubbish in all but one game, in which he looked okay. Allen looked great in his first two (or so) games but has since been awful. Both he and Gerrard have been our worst performers over the last month. Hopefully he can turn it around. But even if he can, he isn't worth £15m, never.

Hopefully he can spend better in January. He deserves the chance given how he was screwed in the summer. But he really needs to get a passport - you will never get value for money in the UK.

we could have got 2 established foreign players in if we had the balls. this FSG sell on philosophy is turning us into a mid-table feeder club. where's a rich sheikh when you fucking need one.

My biggest gripe is two-fold.

Firstly we're so so open through the middle that it's shocking. The defence is exposed week in week out, and that defuddles me. The set up of the midfield is wrong. People said that the return of Lucas would sort that out, well, it ain't. And that is my biggest bug-bear with Rodgers.

We've a major problem in our set up, it's been obvious since day one, yet it's not been rectified.

Secondly, he talks too much.

Guest davelfc
Maybe I´ve missed something, but are we into one of those "five year plans" with Rodgers that Houllier famously started ?

Hodgson at least was honest when he said that "judge me after 10 games" and he was rightfully fired after that. That´s the way I like it :)

5 year plans is so yesterday, these modern hip new managers have a philosophy. It just so happens it's a 5 year philosophy.

Maybe I´ve missed something, but are we into one of those "five year plans" with Rodgers that Houllier famously started ?

Hodgson at least was honest when he said that "judge me after 10 games" and he was rightfully fired after that. That´s the way I like it :)

Houllier was expected to win the league, he and Rafa, were judged on their ability to deliver the league and nothing else.

Since then - a top 6 finish is enough.

Guest davelfc
Dunce - you don't have a 5 year philospohy. You either get it or you don't. It is a philosophy not a car loan.

Er that was the point of my statement. Dunce!

Yeah, the guys that the fella who owns the team was not and is not going to hire as a a manager - those are the guys.

We all know why.

The Yanks don't want to be told by a an experienced manager where the sun rises. They want to be in charge of everything, hence that pleb being communications chief who had never done it for a footy team before and the countless other knobs that are on the LFC payroll but have as much football knowledge as what a tramp washes off his cock!