You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Retarded. Inarticulate. And a potty-mouth. What a catch.

Ah, the shame of being called inarticulate by somebody using 'potty-mouth' - surely the most veracious indicator of an elegant vocabulary - as an insult in a sentence beginning with a conjunction. I'm truly hideous. May your shining brilliance and extensive lexicon be an example to us all, you erudite wordsmith.

Are you saying that if Borini had been fit and able for selection that we would not have scored more goals? I really don't get how you can come to that conclusion. You already anticipated being pulled up on this but seem to be waving away any sensible questioning over it.

I agree with that. I also don't understand his comment about never having shown anything in his career. That's as unfair as it is inaccurate.

I admit that he's been a great excuse because he has not been available as was Lucas and the old we'll see 50% more from Allen when Lucas is back, well, where is this 50%?

To be fair, Lucas has only been back in for two games, and even then it's when Allen looks totally worn out from playing so many games on the trot. In the first 30 minutes against Villa, I thought Allen looked sharp with his forward passing.

Firstly we're so so open through the middle that it's shocking.

I agree with that. We need a player like Fernando or Sissoko almost as much as we need attackers. Almost. It's a real problem at the moment, just as it was last season, and it needs to be solved. A proper defensive midfielder will solve that, along with our lack of physicality.

There's because they've midfielders now

who pass ball forward

I think it's more to do with them having quality attackers like Michu and Hernandez rather than getting rid of Joe Allen, which is what you're really saying.

Are you saying that if Borini had been fit and able for selection that we would not have scored more goals? I really don't get how you can come to that conclusion. You already anticipated being pulled up on this but seem to be waving away any sensible questioning over it.

I admit that he's been a great excuse because he has not been available as was Lucas and the old we'll see 50% more from Allen when Lucas is back, well, where is this 50%?

Come February there will be nowhere to hide, we should have Borini back, a newly purchased striker and maybe a couple of other purchases and sales. From then on we simply have to see an improvement.

Because I watched him play in our squad numerous times, a few even before he had signed for us. Would we have scored more goals? Maybe. Its equally as possible we wouldn't have. The manager himself lost faith and started dropping him. I don't feel he is good enough - and I don't feel you need an age to find that out about a player. He may score some goals but £10m worth? Never.

If he comes good then i'll be ecstatic. But I really doubt he will. Not the way we're deploying him anyway.

Given he is 21 years old that is some statement to make!

Sorry, 21 Years old, and a full Italian International - that is some statement to make.

Whereas a 23 year old - who was given six months to get over his injury, then a few months to get his confidence going before he finally give us a few decent performances towards the back end of last season is a player who we should have given the opportunity to. This may not be you saying it, but you know as well as I do, that an awful lot of fans are stating that.

Borini cannot be judged - it is as simple as that.

Andy Carroll is rubbish. He should never have been signed. So please don't attribute me to anything along the lines of those words. Worst signing this club has ever made.

It is some statement to make - it seems to be a lot easier for people to come out with the wishy washy "we'll see what happens". Of course he can be judged. Or at least his signature should be. I don't care what age he is - Brendan should have spent that £10m on a player who was going to come in and improve the squad. Considering he was getting dropped repeatedly for Suso and Sterling, it seems he would struggle to improve last years reserves, let alone first team.

Despite your protestations, Borini is largely unproven and there was little to suggest he was going to come here and score 15 goals. And if there was anything we needed to buy last summer, it was a player who would come here and score 15 goals. And what do you know? January comes around and we're still desperate for the same thing.

Guest davelfc

To be fair, Lucas has only been back in for two games, and even then it's when Allen looks totally worn out from playing so many games on the trot. In the first 30 minutes against Villa, I thought Allen looked sharp with his forward passing.

I hope that is the case, a rest for Allen, a few more games for Lucas and some reinforcements will answer a lot of questions. Like I say, the excuses won't be there to fall back on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm sorry, but I think people here are considerably overstating one half-decent season in Seria A and a few cameos for Italy.

That's fine, you're more than welcome to think that. I don't necessarily agree, but to say he hasn't done anything isn't quite right, regardless of how highly you rate a 20 year old (as he was then) scoring 10 goals from 20 starts in Italy, which is one of the toughest leagues to score in, or the 6 from 11 he scored as a 19 year old for Swansea.

You might have written off the 21 year old after five league games in a new country and for a team that started really badly, and it's your right to do that, but I think it's probably fair to allow him a few more kicks before slamming Rodgers too much.

My biggest gripe is two-fold.

Firstly we're so so open through the middle that it's shocking. The defence is exposed week in week out, and that defuddles me. The set up of the midfield is wrong. People said that the return of Lucas would sort that out, well, it ain't. And that is my biggest bug-bear with Rodgers.

We've a major problem in our set up, it's been obvious since day one, yet it's not been rectified.

Secondly, he talks too much.

We're more open with 3 CMs than we were with two. Pretty cool trick.

Borini wasn't great in his first few appearences but its way too early to call him a poor signing. My concern for him is when he gets back he may be pressing things a bit trying to prove his worth. We've seen a fair share of young signings wilt under the expectations pressure recently.

Lucas is back but no where near match form as well he hasn't had much time to work his way into the system. I think things in the middle will improve after January.

It would be nice if some journo pressed Rodgers on the Assiadi situation, I'd really like to know why he isn't getting playing time.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Then why the fuck did we buy "a fucking kid" for £10m?!

Because he scored 10 from 20 starts in Italy at 20 and 6 from 11 at Swansea when he was 19, playing under Rodgers? Maybe because he has a lot of potential to get even better than that in the manager's opinion? You seem to overly dislike him, FEG?

That's fine, you're more than welcome to think that. I don't necessarily agree, but to say he hasn't done anything isn't quite right, regardless of how highly you rate a 20 year old (as he was then) scoring 10 goals from 20 starts in Italy, which is one of the toughest leagues to score in, or the 6 from 11 he scored as a 19 year old for Swansea.

You might have written off the 21 year old after five league games in a new country and for a team that started really badly, and it's your right to do that, but I think it's probably fair to allow him a few more kicks before slamming Rodgers too much.

He may come good, it's the magnitude of the "may" part which troubles me. No signing is a guaranteed success but Borini was quite a gamble. I think he should have signed somebody who was more likely to come in and do well from the off, not two years down the line.

Fair enough. Perhaps I should wait until the end of the season, but I think there is a reason he has only played five league games. Rodgers dropped him quite swiftly. Hopefully he comes back from injury and proves me wrong - and, it seems, Rodgers too.

The truth is, though, half a season in, the £30m he spent in the summer seems to have vanished into thin air. Henderson is our best performing CM - a position he spent most on - and that is saying something. Borini, before his injury, couldn't get ahead of a 17 year old. Assaidi seems to have shagged Rodger's daughter or something.

The message of this thread is bollocks, because sacking him would be moronic. The merits of Rodger's managerial ability are still to be judged. But anybody who thinks he spent well this summer must still be placing the benchmark at Downing and Carroll. He has to do better in January.

Because he scored 10 from 20 starts in Italy at 20 and 6 from 11 at Swansea when he was 19, playing under Rodgers? Maybe because he has a lot of potential to get even better than that in the manager's opinion? You seem to overly dislike him, FEG?

A bit like Carroll´s career stats before Comolli bought him, with a difference that Carroll already was the best header of the ball ever :whistle:

Guest Numero Veinticinco
HPerhaps I should wait until the end of the season, but I think there is a reason he has only played five league games. .

There absolutely is a reason why he has only played five league games, FEG: It's because he broke his ankle.

I don't overly dislike him at all Hank. My gripe isn't with Borini but our signing of him. He is the archetypal Liverpool signing of recent years. Whats more, he represents our dealings in the summer in general.

Just as I dismiss Code's stats, I find those for Borini tiresome too. Watching a player play is more telling than his previous (non-spectacular) stats. He scored 10 in 24 appearances at Roma. Nice. Andy Carroll scored 11 in 20 for Newcastle. Suarez scored 17 in 39 last year. By all means, one every two games. Are they comparable players?

Stats mean little in reality. Borini may come good but his actual play is a better indicator of his worth to me.

I´m sure Clarke has a buy back clause in his contract, so we could easily bring him back in january, as well as Tom Ince too. And this is a strategy we could adopt going forward anyway. Not only send players on loan to gain experience, but managers also. Brendan could go to Stoke or some team which plays the game differently and gain valuable experience there. You see, it´s a bit of a problem if Swansea is the only team he can manage. We can´t affort to bring the whole Swansea squad over to Liverpool, although I´m sure it would lower the wage bill dramatically.

Wait a sec , you want to bin our unproven inexperienced manager off after 5 months without giving him a fair chance to replace him with another unproven inexperienced manager ?

Add to that an unproven Tom Ince , you're strategy sucks balls.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
And because he was dropped on numerous occasions. Come on, don't gloss over realities. He was shite in those five games, aside for maybe one, and couldn't get in the team.

Couldn't get in the team? He was injured against United and didn't make another appearance because he was injured. You're making out as if he hasn't played because he's shit. That's just nonsense. He isn't playing because he's injured.