You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy January Rumour Mill

WhiskeyJar

Five in, three out.

In:

Sturridge - 12M

Walcott - 10M (low price due to contract)

Diame - 3.5M (release clause)

Ince - 5M (finishes season at Blackpool)

Butland - 5M (finishes season at Brum)

Out:

Carroll - 15M (Ba to France; Pardew under pressure so brings back a local lad)

Downing - 6M (Stoke - they spend money, they want crosses to Jones/Crouch)

Cole - free to QPR/West Ham and we do not pay wages

Some muscle is added to the midfield and most importantly, the front three is overhauled with two goalscoring additions to dovetail with Suarez.

It is the happy thread.

37-Don%27t%20Do%20Drugs.jpg

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll only get Sturridge and Ince this window. In the summer we will move for Walcott but I suspect we won't get him. Hope I'm wrong on that one. I also think we might move for Alonso if the fee is low enough and Rodgers can convince the owners to abandon their apparent "buy young on low wages" policy.

Butland and De Vrij seem like genuine targets. I think we will probably get both of them.

Tony B article:

Liverpool are ready to follow up their imminent capture of Daniel Sturridge with a move for Kevin Gameiro, the Paris Saint-Germain forward, as Brendan Rodgers looks to add experience to his attack.

Sturridge is expected to complete his £12 million transfer from Chelsea in the coming days and be registered in time for Liverpool’s FA Cup third-round tie away to Mansfield Town on Sunday. Although that acquisition will eat up the majority of Rodgers’s January transfer budget, the Liverpool manager is still looking to sign Tom Ince from Blackpool on a permanent basis and Gameiro on loan.

Gameiro initially emerged as a possible alternative to Sturridge when that deal stalled but should PSG agree to allow the 25-year-old France striker to leave before the end of the season, Liverpool will look to sign him.

Ince is still expected to return to Liverpool despite a disagreement over his value, with Blackpool holding out for a fee in the region of £6 million. Should a deal not be completed this month, however, Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when Ince’s contract expires and his fee would be set by an FA tribunal.

Rodgers is also interested in Nicolas Isimat-Mirin, the 21-year-old Valenciennes centre back. The Liverpool manager would need to generate funds for that, a situation that could lead to the departure of Sebastián Coates, who is interesting Napoli, Juventus and Lazio.

Queens Park Rangers asked Liverpool if they would let Coates go out on loan but that request was rejected and the Uruguay defender will only be allowed to leave if a significant offer is received. Joe Cole is expected to sign for QPR after his hopes of rejoining Lille were dashed.

Liverpool have taken steps to prevent the further spread of a virus that prevented Rodgers from attending their 3-0 victory over QPR on Sunday after it also affected several players and members of staff. The first team were told to stay away from the club’s training ground yesterday.

Tony B article:

Liverpool are ready to follow up their imminent capture of Daniel Sturridge with a move for Kevin Gameiro, the Paris Saint-Germain forward, as Brendan Rodgers looks to add experience to his attack.

Sturridge is expected to complete his £12 million transfer from Chelsea in the coming days and be registered in time for Liverpool’s FA Cup third-round tie away to Mansfield Town on Sunday. Although that acquisition will eat up the majority of Rodgers’s January transfer budget, the Liverpool manager is still looking to sign Tom Ince from Blackpool on a permanent basis and Gameiro on loan.

Gameiro initially emerged as a possible alternative to Sturridge when that deal stalled but should PSG agree to allow the 25-year-old France striker to leave before the end of the season, Liverpool will look to sign him.

Ince is still expected to return to Liverpool despite a disagreement over his value, with Blackpool holding out for a fee in the region of £6 million. Should a deal not be completed this month, however, Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when Ince’s contract expires and his fee would be set by an FA tribunal.

Rodgers is also interested in Nicolas Isimat-Mirin, the 21-year-old Valenciennes centre back. The Liverpool manager would need to generate funds for that, a situation that could lead to the departure of Sebastián Coates, who is interesting Napoli, Juventus and Lazio.

Queens Park Rangers asked Liverpool if they would let Coates go out on loan but that request was rejected and the Uruguay defender will only be allowed to leave if a significant offer is received. Joe Cole is expected to sign for QPR after his hopes of rejoining Lille were dashed.

Liverpool have taken steps to prevent the further spread of a virus that prevented Rodgers from attending their 3-0 victory over QPR on Sunday after it also affected several players and members of staff. The first team were told to stay away from the club’s training ground yesterday.

Coates and Suarez are very close, and him going could affect Suarez' loyalty to the club.

Plus he's never been given a real run, despite looking capable when played.

Kevin gameiro's wiki page has him as an LFC player now!

"On the 1st of January 2013, Liverpool F.C. announced the loan signing of Kévin Gameiro, Gameiro has joined Liverpool F.C. until the end of the 2012/13 season."

It's not even 1st of January 2013 yet when Liverpool allegedly announced his loan. Sounds like one of those fabrications if you asked me.

Coates and Suarez are very close, and him going could affect Suarez' loyalty to the club.

Plus he's never been given a real run, despite looking capable when played."

Coates is a promising young talent. Doesn't make sense releasing him in favor of even a younger player. Give Coates a proper run in the first team before making any decision regarding his fate.

Guest San Don
I think we'll only get Sturridge and Ince this window. In the summer we will move for Walcott but I suspect we won't get him. Hope I'm wrong on that one. I also think we might move for Alonso if the fee is low enough and Rodgers can convince the owners to abandon their apparent "buy young on low wages" policy.

Butland and De Vrij seem like genuine targets. I think we will probably get both of them.

I'll be astounded if walcott comes here. Im still convinced both he and arse will move in their demands and compromise.

Have to say the transfer of Ince this window is far from certain to happen. Blackpool will play hard ball and I cant see then budging on his fee (reportedly they want £6m with us only offerring £4m as he's out of contract in 6 months).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

For what? Six months? It won't mean anything in a year or two. Never a better purchase than Walcott.

Yep, and I can't say I fancy Villa's chances in the premiership. Doesn't have the desire he once had, IMO. It's not about Villa at his best vs Walcott at his best, it's about who'll score more over the next 7 years.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He'd be an inspired signing. Got a lot of quality, a lot of pace, and knows where the goal is. I think you need 4 senior strikers, with Sturridge and Gameiro, and Borini returning, we'd be significantly better eqipped than for the first half of the season.