You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We are going backwards, there is no way of denying it.

12/13:

13. Liverpool 11 2 6 3 14-16 12p

11/12:

6. Liverpool 11 5 4 2 14-10 19p

10/11:

9. Liverpool 11 4 3 4 12-14 15p

09/10:

6. Liverpool 11 6 0 5 25-16 18p

This season Suarez has got 8 PL goals already, last season he got 11 PL goals all season, we can only speculate about where we would have finished last season if he had only been half as effective then.

Didn't the fact he was forced to play with Carroll, Kuyt, Henderson and Downing have something to do with his poor goal tally? He's much better with Sterling and Suso who are able to carry the ball and let him evade a marker.

Didn't the fact he was forced to play with Carroll, Kuyt, Henderson and Downing have something to do with his poor goal tally? He's much better with Sterling and Suso who are able to carry the ball and let him evade a marker.

That might have something to do with it... It seems to be the case now that I've read it.

It's frustrating at the moment. Rodgers isn't the man and it's becoming patently obvious. Why? No ambition and accepting mediocrity with excuses just like Houllier did.

Seven years ago a manager came into LFC and inherited a mess. In his first season he turned a rag-tag bunch of journeymen and distinctly average players (Gerrard excluded) into European Cup winners.

He made average players great. Anyone remember Biscan gliding past two players and setting up Garcia for a goal against Juve (correct me if I'm wrong)? He even made Traore look half decent which was a hell of an effort.

Now we accept mediocrity. I like BR and especially like the fact that he's giving the young players a chance. But we were dominated today, as we've been for much of this season. A goal from a corner (what happened to tiki-taka?) doesn't disguise how bad we were. Chelsea should have won with the chances they had and no positive post-match spin from BR (which is becoming his forte) can disguise that.

Gerrard's been off form and that alone should set alarm bells ringing. Reina disrespected him in Being:Liverpool and now is mysteriously 'injured'. Sahin is dire but keeps getting picked ahead of Shelvey. Suarez will leave for greener pastures (probably at the end of the season) and I wouldn't blame him.

BR is a decent guy but there's a guy sitting in the Wirral who's a lot better than him. You don't win La Liga twice with Valencia unless you know what you're doing. The Americans may dig their heals in but they need to understand that the manager is the most important person at a football club. And they've appointed the wrong one. Twice.

I'm a massive fan of Rafa and being honest would have him back tomorrow if given the choice but most of this post is complete bollocks! Looks like a wind up to me.

There's so much wrong with this thread I've already given up trying to marshall my arguments. Rafa 04/05, great. Rafa, 09/10, rubbish.

I like BR because, apart from trying to play football the right way, he "gets" the Club. For this alone he deserves some time and all we lack is a goal from one or two in red apart from Suarez.

And I was at the game yesterday and so have not had the "luxury" of listening to Sky or MOTD, but I thought we deserved at least a point. They had a couple of decent chances but all on the break - and we were away at the European Champions, a team, apparently, flying in the league and it would not have been a surprise if we had won it in the end.

I was and still am a fan of Rafa but he has gone. Get over it and get behind BR. You'll be embarrassed in 12 months if you dont.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Whilst not winning many, we're unbeaten in the league in a while. We're going forward. Bit by bit. Sometimes it's hard to tell if we're still falling or bouncing back.

This forum is full of absolute know-nothings.

We just got a point away to Chelsea with probably to weakest squad we have had in decades, we have not lost in 6 PL games, and have begun to tighten up defensively.

By no means is everything rosy, but anyone who cannot see some progress during the last few league games is either blind or willfully ignorant.

So glad we are different.

While some results have been disappointing I think a draw yesterday at the reigning European champions who are currently in the top 3 is nothing to get upset about at all. I'm Kenny's biggest fan and loved Rafa but I'm firmly behind BR and wish him well. I'm not going to judge him until the end of the season and I hope he gets backing in the January window.

We just got a point away to Chelsea with probably to weakest squad we have had in decades, we have not lost in 6 PL games, and have begun to tighten up defensively.

By no means is everything rosy, but anyone who cannot see some progress during the last few league games is either blind or willfully ignorant.

This. The job now is to start turning some of these draws into wins, hopefully starting on Saturday.

Not really, last season he wasted chance after chance, this season he usually bury them and Sterling and Suso have 0 assists this season in all competitions.

Suarez has been directly involved in 78,57% of our PL goals this season., last season it was 31,91%.

• Upvote 1

Guess I bought into all the bullshit that was flying around - we'd play like Barca etc. He'd had a decent season with a Swansea outfit who'd played good football.

Guess I judge a manager by how he conducts himself. Gerrard's playing rubbish, there's some weird shit going on with Reina and he keeps making excuses in post-match interviews.

He just ain't the man for the job and it'll probably taker losing Suarez before people realise this.

But that just reflects poorly on you, your judgement and your expectations, and thus renders irrelevant your new conclusions that he "ain't the man for the job"

67% of chances were created by 36% of the men over 6ft, and 78% of the chances created were by 18% of players with blue eyes, so this year we seemed to have strangely focussed on players with brown eyes who are under 6ft - Rodgers clearly doesn't know what he is doing........

image%25255B2%25255D.png?imgmax=800

I don't accept this at all.

We have seven players who I believe are good enough to play in a team that should easily finish in the top four. This is reinforced by the number of these players who have been linked with a move away to such a team.

Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen and Suarez.

Add to this the promising youngsters coming through (Sterling, Shelvey, Kelly, Coates) and some of the other established players on the books (Lucas, Enrique, Carragher, Sahin) then we should be doing much much better than we are. I don't accept the "in transition" argument as an excuse - it is BRs job to manage that transition process so that we don't fall off a cliff during the process.

Sure we need a couple more players but in the meantime he has to get the very best out of what he has got - and I don't think that he is.

I don't accept this at all.

We have seven players who I believe are good enough to play in a team that should easily finish in the top four. This is reinforced by the number of these players who have been linked with a move away to such a team.

Then why have we not done so for the past 3 seasons?

In fact, why have we failed to even challenge for the past 3 seasons? Allen and Suarez apart we had most of those players for these past 3 seasons.

Seven years ago a manager came into LFC and inherited a mess. In his first season he turned a rag-tag bunch of journeymen and distinctly average players (Gerrard excluded) into European Cup winners.

He made average players great. Anyone remember Biscan gliding past two players and setting up Garcia for a goal against Juve (correct me if I'm wrong)? He even made Traore look half decent which was a hell of an effort.

He didnt, They were actually pretty shite in 04/05, maybe Rafa should of been sacked in the November

BR can only work with what he has at his disposal. We are drawing a lot of games, because as everyone in football knows our attacking options are extremely limited. Until that issue is addressed, and addressed seriously with substantial funds and not a half arsed quick fix solution, then expect to see more of the same; plenty of possession, nice attractive football, but minimal penetration and plenty of draws. It's far too early to judge BR.

Then why have we not done so for the past 3 seasons?

In fact, why have we failed to even challenge for the past 3 seasons? Allen and Suarez apart we had most of those players for these past 3 seasons.

Exactly.

If you accept that the seven are good enough then why have Rafa, Roy, KK and BR all failed to get them to deliver?

If you don't accept that they are good enough then why hasn't the club moved them on?

BR can only work with what he has at his disposal. We are drawing a lot of games, because as everyone in football knows our attacking options are extremely limited. Until that issue is addressed, and addressed seriously with substantial funds and not a half arsed quick fix solution, then expect to see more of the same; plenty of possession, nice attractive football, but minimal penetration and plenty of draws. It's far too early to judge BR.

You are quite right of course but it was BR who sold Kuyt and allowed Carroll to go out on loan. He has created this problem himself (although aided and abetted by the incompetence of Ian Ayre in all probability) imo Kuyt at the end of his career is a better player than Borini at the start of his.

Don't suppose anyone has noticed that Liverpool have conceded the same number of goals as the mancs, that team 5 points clear on top. Having Van Persie, Rooney and Hernandez makes a huge difference. BR sounds confident about funds in January, let's hope so.