You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

The free wireless adapter offer is available to all Sky Movies customers for the next few weeks.

Get a free Wireless Connector when you join Sky TV or upgrade to Sky Movies

Scroll down to the 'Already have Sky movies' link and add it your basket.

For all channels (movies, sports etc) it is £35 per month.

They phoned me today and offered me half price tv for a year but without a contract so I can cancel at anytime.

I also got a wireless adaptor for sky on demand etc

so did you say you were switching to BT or that is just cost too much?

The free wireless adapter offer is available to all Sky Movies customers for the next few weeks.

Any idea how long you had to wait for this mate? Still no sign of it being delivered.

Just cancelled, he said I had been with them 13 years, how time flies! I only have their basic package at the moment anyway, using parents sky go for a bit which is working ok.

They are putting up their prices again in September, by 10% I read today...

If I don't get a phone call I will keep it off for a while I reckon

I want one of these for my multiroom box, but when I try to order the free one, it says I already have one, which I have for the box in the living room but which I paid for. Do you know if I can claim another free one for the multiroom box? I only ask as I know you have several boxes in your house from your rant on the BT Sport thread.

Any idea how long you had to wait for this mate? Still no sign of it being delivered.

Mine is not here either. It was dispatched yesterday and it says it will take 3-5 working days to get here. You can check the order on 'my sky' and then 'order tracking'.

I want one of these for my multiroom box, but when I try to order the free one, it says I already have one, which I have for the box in the living room but which I paid for. Do you know if I can claim another free one for the multiroom box? I only ask as I know you have several boxes in your house from your rant on the BT Sport thread.

Not sure as this is the first wireless adapter I've had. I had the downstairs wired up to my router. Give them a bell and see what they say. Can't see why you would miss out.

I'm on O2 broadband, which has been sold to Sky. I'm going to switch to Plusnet before the swtichover as I've heard bad things about Sky's BB.

Same for me. I am waiting on the letter telling me the date of transfer then I'll give my months notice and be on my merry way.

Unless Sky's BB package is as cheap as I'm getting with O2, then they may tempt me to stay.

I'm on O2 broadband' date=' which has been sold to Sky. I'm going to switch to Plusnet before the swtichover as I've heard bad things about Sky's BB.[/quote']

I went from Plusnet to Sky. Had no problems with Sky broadband at all. I only get 3.5mb, but that's due to distance from my exchange

I went from Plusnet to Sky. Had no problems with Sky broadband at all. I only get 3.5mb, but that's due to distance from my exchange

What did you not like about Plusnet?

Sky sent me a thing where if I switch to them before the actual switchover date, they'll give me 12 months free broadband, only have to pay the line rental of £14.50 a month.

I'm paying O2 £17.75 or something, that's with a 25% off for a year that I got last year when I said I was quitting.

I got that letter a couple of weeks ago, but I had already discounted Sky as a few people told me they were shite.

It's £7 a month or something after the year.

What is the situation with the whole cancelling Sky TV to get it cheaper if you have a broadband contract too?

What did you not like about Plusnet?

Sky sent me a thing where if I switch to them before the actual switchover date' date=' they'll give me 12 months free broadband, only have to pay the line rental of £14.50 a month.[/quote']

To be fair, had no issues with Plusnet. Switched to Sky when they launched their broadband as they had unlimited data for £10 and they offered double speed of Plusnet, at the time, think i was paying Plusnet about £15 at the time, so it was a no brainer. Not shopped around since, no idea how my package compares to other providers. My comment to you was more based on not having had any issues with Sky so why not try them first?

Whoever is in charge of customer retention needs to have a word with themselves. Three calls I have had this week, dialler scenario, two hang ups, despite me hearing someone else on the line. third call was ten minutes in the offering me a deal to stay then line went dead, bad vibes, fucker never called back either, typical

Had been paying 45 quid a month for the sports package so phoned and cancelled it 3 days ago. Got a call yesterday offering me the sports package half price for the year. When I said i wasn't sure they offered me 6 months free. Just have to give 31 days notice.

Will cancel again in 6 months and see what they offer then, don't feel like paying full price again funnily enough.....

I'm on O2 broadband' date=' which has been sold to Sky. I'm going to switch to Plusnet before the swtichover as I've heard bad things about Sky's BB.[/quote']

I have used Sky BB ( because those virgin cunts haven't put fibre optics by ours yet but keep sending us letters to join them) and it is ok like. Not the worst out there.