You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Have to agree.

I'm sure there's some top class agents out there, but there's some utter morons. This stunt by his agent (if indeed it was him) is cringeworthy.

To be fair though, the media don't half twist things too. For all we know his agent might have said "Flying to Abu wasn't the best birthday ever" and then it gets manipulated. Who knows.

It's the same with Suarez who might say "I really like Spanish football, and might like to experience playing there one day" (being polite)... the next day, the headlines are 'Suarez wants a move to Spain'

His agent is clearly a gobshite. The quotes attributed to him in that BBC piece are embarrassing.

Sad thing is they will probably lead to him getting an improved deal on the contract he has which I seem to recall he got after his agent claimed he was unhappy last year...

noooo

They gave him a cake and sang happy birthday to him on the plane (there's footage of it).

All this is the usual crap from a player (and/or agent) looking for a move or a pay increase.

If he wants to go - he can. Providing City get a hefty 30 million for him. He's 31, so can't command a mega fee, but I think 30 million would do nicely in finding a longer term replacement. He's a fantastic player, but for how much longer? He still needs to be replaced at some point in time.

Still, it's an embarassment, more so for him than City. If you want out of a club, there are ways and means, but this is just laughable. Reminds me of the Tevez antics. Similar modus operandi.

Must want a bigger wage or a better car. How dare he treat a well established club like City in such a manner. Building from the ground up as they did with a strong working class work ethic and managing on a tight budget. Yet, this baby wants pandering to. Poznan the bastard on his way out the door. You don't win with mercenaries ask Richard Harris.

I love the fact that if you look on his twitter, he tweets saying "Don't believe anything that hasn't come from me!" and then 1 hour later, after his agent has called him like...  "Come on Yaya, I've got kids to feed here." - he tweets against saying it's all true haha.

• Upvote 1

I don't really have much of a problem in a player grabbing as much as he can, and moving if he feels he has to.

It's the daft antics and ruses to get out. Man up and just say "I'm bored now, and I want more money at a bigger club". If City get enough money for him, they can show him the door.

It's disappointing but par for the course with a lot of players. Not all, but a fair few. C'est la vie.

noooo

They gave him a cake and sang happy birthday to him on the plane (there's footage of it).

All this is the usual crap from a player (and/or agent) looking for a move or a pay increase.

If he wants to go - he can. Providing City get a hefty 30 million for him. He's 31, so can't command a mega fee, but I think 30 million would do nicely in finding a longer term replacement. He's a fantastic player, but for how much longer? He still needs to be replaced at some point in time.

Still, it's an embarassment, more so for him than City. If you want out of a club, there are ways and means, but this is just laughable. Reminds me of the Tevez antics. Similar modus operandi.

Still, it is embarrassing for City too as it says a lot about the nature of the club nowadays and shows perhaps why some players sign for you. Not that anyone was fooled into thinking otherwise but it's not great for it to be so publically demonstrated.

He'll be off I reckon, the owners won't be pleased he's shown everyone up - but unfortunately that will just be his welcome reward.

Still, it is embarrassing for City too as it says a lot about the nature of the club nowadays and shows perhaps why some players sign for you. Not that anyone was fooled into thinking otherwise but it's not great for it to be so publically demonstrated.

He'll be off I reckon, the owners won't be pleased he's shown everyone up - but unfortunately that will just be his welcome reward.

Nah, Suarez did his daft interviews last year too. Tevez did it at United then City.

It's the nature of some players and agents.

It does reflect badly on the club to some extent, simply because it's bad PR, just like Suarez and his bite... but that wasn't LFC's fault, it was Suarez. They sorted out his attitude and moved on. City will do the same, or have to get rid.

Toure's a moaner. He does it on the pitch quite a bit. Now it's off the pitch. That's not City, that's Toure himself.

noooo

there's no way anyone other than another oil club would pay 30m and i doubt they would after the penalties imposed recently under FFP.

Nah, Suarez did his daft interviews last year too. Tevez did it at United then City.

It's the nature of some players and agents.

It does reflect badly on the club to some extent, simply because it's bad PR, just like Suarez and his bite... but that wasn't LFC's fault, it was Suarez. They sorted out his attitude and moved on. City will do the same, or have to get rid.

Toure's a moaner. He does it on the pitch quite a bit. Now it's off the pitch. That's not City, that's Toure himself.

Yeah and that was embarrassing for Liverpool, but at least in the case of Suarez his situation was more understandable in that he was engineering a move on football grounds. Toure on the other hand is being an entitled prick and showing the kind of respect (or lack of) some would say City deserve.

edit- as for Tevez, I don't recall him speaking out or engineering anything while at Man Utd as he was only ever on loan

• Upvote 1

Yeah and that was embarrassing for Liverpool, but at least in the case of Suarez his situation was more understandable in that he was engineering a move on football grounds. Toure on the other hand is being an entitled prick and showing the kind of respect (or lack of) some would say City deserve.

edit- as for Tevez, I don't recall him speaking out or engineering anything while at Man Utd as he was only ever on loan

Tevez was harping on about Ferguson not respecting him. Don't you remember his gesture in front of Fergie? It's the nature of the beast.

You can't say Suarez's actions were on football grounds and Toure's aren't. We don't know the motivation for either. All we do know is that it's a pathetic way to 'engineer' a move. Even if Toure wants money and Suarez wanted better football, it doesn't make the actions any more or less understandable. It's cuntery however you look at it.

Like I say, I've no problem with player greed. If someone will pay them, good luck to them. I just like 'engineered' events. Talk to the club, say you want out, and do it like a man.

I think it's a bit ludicrous to compare a player who wants to move/who has kicked up a very public fuss for a legitimate footballing reason, with one who never got a Lync Africa gift set off the owners for his birthday.

Granted, Toure might be spinning that line as he wants to move for other reasons, but the bottom line is that he's made himself and City look quite ridiculous in the public eye.

I don't see the need for irrelevant comparisons to defend Toure's stupidity/utter quimmery.

Fanchester, you suggested Tevez behaved that way while at Man Utd, I suggested he didn't and only started that shit when he got fed up at City.

And if you can't see the difference between a player with Suarez's ability saying he wants a move to play at a higher level (while finishing 7th at his current team) and Toure (one of the highest paid players in the world, just won the league and playing CL) crying publically that the owners didn't make enough of a fuss over his birthday, if you can't see the difference, well I don't know what to say.

• Upvote 1

there's no way anyone other than another oil club would pay 30m and i doubt they would after the penalties imposed recently under FFP.

Yeah 30m is a ridiculous fee.  For a 31-year old on 250k/week and agitating for more?  You'd have to sign him to a Rooney-level contract if you bought him, and there's definitely no value there.  PSG wouldn't want him, neither would Chelsea.  I reckon City are stuck with him and he knows it, and is just agitating for a new contract.  

Milner's doing exactly the same, by the way.  I wouldn't even be surprised if his agent hadn't called up Ayre or some other agent with connections to LFC and told him to leak that we were looking at him, as a way of making City pay more to keep one of their only homegrown players left on the roster.  I suspect that things like that happen all the time in the murkier side of the transfer window.

Fanchester, you suggested Tevez behaved that way while at Man Utd, I suggested he didn't and only started that shit when he got fed up at City.

And if you can't see the difference between a player with Suarez's ability saying he wants a move to play at a higher level (while finishing 7th at his current team) and Toure (one of the highest paid players in the world, just won the league and playing CL) crying publically that the owners didn't make enough of a fuss over his birthday, if you can't see the difference, well I don't know what to say.

I didn't say that, I said you cant excuse the antics regardless of the reasoning. If you behave like a moron on or off the pitch, you're still behaving like a moron. The discussion was about how Suarez's bite reflected badly on Liverpool (indirectly) but could hardly be Liverpool's fault. Suarez was responsible for his own actions, just as Toure is. It's bad PR for City, but I don't think you can blame them for the antics of some players.

Tevez was moaning whilst at United.... about being kept hanging on by Ferguson regarding making him permanent. He did his 'hand to his ear' gesture to Ferguson / The Board at Old Trafford shortly before he left. The moaning was long before he joined City, where it simply continued.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tevez-and-ronaldo-risk-fergusons-fire-1682607.html