You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

I think there is more diversity now.

The cards have a little bit of everything - but maybe it means not enough of what someone may specifically like...

I do think there is too much 50/50 booking, promos are generally not as good as were and stories don't have time/room to breathe and grow because of too many PPV's and too many segments as trying to give time to so many performers.

In general I agree, the Bloodline story is approaching 3 years old now. 

I can’t say I watch it regularly, mostly when I can’t sleep, it’s certainly improved now HHH has full control. 

I know its considered its worst period, however, i much preferred it when everyone had a gimmick, to the rubbish now, where everyone is just a normal musclular fella. 

Bring back Tatanka, The Repo Man, Doink and Isaac Yankem. I want to see Nailz getting out of prison and coming straight for the Big Boss Man. Id even take Papa Shango putting spells on The Ultimate Warrior and Kamala being scared of voodoo, over these fellas doing summersaults on each other every two seconds.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

In general I agree, the Bloodline story is approaching 3 years old now. 

It's been going on far too long now and is only still being dragged out so Roman can continue to part time it till Wrestlemania

It's hilarious pushing his longest reigning modern champ thing when he turns up a few times every few months and has the same match everytime

30 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It's been going on far too long now and is only still being dragged out so Roman can continue to part time it till Wrestlemania

It's hilarious pushing his longest reigning modern champ thing when he turns up a few times every few months and has the same match everytime

It’s run its course now. I see the money is on Rhodes ending it at ‘Mania. 

• 2 weeks later...

Shirley, he’s fighting Reigns at Wrestlemania then. Although I was reading that Australia were asking for Rock to appear at some PPV over there next month. 

I don’t think the Reigns story should be ended by a part time wrestler though, it makes Reigns look shit.

Just now, Scott_M said:

I don’t think the Reigns story should be ended by a part time wrestler though, it makes Reigns look shit.

Everything about his storyline is shit now. Its been tbe same thing since last wrestlemania. Everyone knows he isnt losing the title for a year. Everyone knows how his match will go with the bloodline saving him. He's little more than part time himself and it's all done to stretch out his title run. 

It's gone from a great storyline to overrun and boring

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Nice to see an old friend in the new year:

Boring.

Same old routine....seen it a million times but was funnier/edgier 20 years ago.

He was blowing out of his arse as well after about 30 seconds of 'physicality'

11 hours ago, an tha said:

Boring.

Same old routine....seen it a million times but was funnier/edgier 20 years ago.

Yeah, he was gasping while trying to speak.

A match with Reigns wouldn't be the most physically demanding. The last few headliners Reigns has done were slow and boring matches. It's duch a pity he has the health issues, Reigns. 

I don't like to admit this, but I never got The Rock.

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Everything about his storyline is shit now. Its been tbe same thing since last wrestlemania. Everyone knows he isnt losing the title for a year. Everyone knows how his match will go with the bloodline saving him. He's little more than part time himself and it's all done to stretch out his title run. 

It's gone from a great storyline to overrun and boring

Hard to argue with that, Lee. It's deffo gotten boring.

1 hour ago, Byrnie said:

Yeah, he was gasping while trying to speak.

A match with Reigns wouldn't be the most physically demanding. The last few headliners Reigns has done were slow and boring matches. It's duch a pity he has the health issues, Reigns. 

I don't like to admit this, but I never got The Rock.

I found him ok 20 years or so ago and he was good value on the mic during the attitude era - but for me it got old and boring quickly and now it just comes across to me as sad.

If he came in as a part timer and helped give people the rub and eventually helped put them over then i suppose it would be ok in small doses - but it does not seem like that is case - OK Mahal is a mid card floater, but that segment on Monday just destroys any hope he has of building any credibility at all, totally buried - and to what end, so Dwayne can crack the same jokes he was 20 plus years ago.....

And if they have him being the one to take Reigns down then that is IMO just silly.

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Boring.

He’s hardly going to come out with new catch phrases nobody has ever heard of though…

I appreciate it offered nothing new, as a nostalgia trip, it was fine. 

On 19/12/2023 at 17:51, John102 said:

I know its considered its worst period, however, i much preferred it when everyone had a gimmick, to the rubbish now, where everyone is just a normal musclular fella. 

Bring back Tatanka, The Repo Man, Doink and Isaac Yankem. I want to see Nailz getting out of prison and coming straight for the Big Boss Man. Id even take Papa Shango putting spells on The Ultimate Warrior and Kamala being scared of voodoo, over these fellas doing summersaults on each other every two seconds.

Great days! Loved it!

Boo Blog: Best moments from The Funeral Parlor - My 1-2-3 Cents

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

He’s hardly going to come out with new catch phrases nobody has ever heard of though…

I appreciate it offered nothing new, as a nostalgia trip, it was fine. 

Depends if you like his schtick in first place....i always found him a bit boring....too repetitive - and it washes even less now.

It's a case of yeah if you liked it 20 years ago then it is as you say a nice nostalgia trip, but if you weren't really into it then, well it isn't gonna be something enjoyable now.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Netflix taking all the WWE content from Jan 2025 will be interesting. Reckon WBDiscovery might want AEW on their Max platform too.

Netflix possible step in a premium netflix or netflix ppv I wonder