You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

Guest ShoePiss
I'm sure he'll follow in the footsteps of all those other Italian strikers who've been successful in the Premier League.

Ravanelli, Vialli, Balotelli, Di Canio and then Zola chipping in with goals from attacking midfield too. I think they were successful in the prem. I bet there's been more French and Dutch flops.

Well rodgers knows exactly what he's gonna get from him having worked with him twice now. He's gone back to roma and done well and now he's gonna play for us. I think he'll do well as he seems to have that mentality, work rate and desire that rodgers is looking for in a player.

Guest ShoePiss
Surely talent is the the determining factor, over nationality.

Using previous Italian failure's as a yard stick isn't the ideal set up seeing as the Premiership currently has the Italian national teams no 1 striker in it.

That sounds like common sense. Careful.

His celebration is interesting.

One of the most impressive performances I've ever seen at Anfield was Bellamy against City simply because of the work rate I always heard about how rushed defended from the front but never had the pleasure.Id seen it with Fowler and Owen but Bellamy was immense that night he never stopped once and tortured City all night

Reading up on him I think he is being brought it with that sort of the idea in mind,in videos he never seems to stop add a bit of talent in there and he could be good.

Not overly excited, I have to admit. As others, I like that he'll be able to put some pressure on the opposition (as I think that's the way to go - i.e. press them high up the pitch). I have a sneaking suspicion though that he'll have a touch of Morientes about him, picks up good positions and is a good striker of the ball, but not quick or strong enough to get to the ball first in this league...

Hopefully we will add another attacking player with genuine pace, especially if the rumblings about Bellamy's departure are true. Even if that's not our main plan, we need some pace to burn on the counter to really hurt the opposition teams.

These sort of signings aren't too bad, i'd assume his wage demands aren't fucking stupid so, if he was a flop we'd be able to flog him to another Italian club for about £7m and wouldn't lose that much.

If he's as good as they think he will be £10.3 is a bargain. I'd rather do these kinds of gamble deals than £35m gambles.

Guest ShoePiss
Love how it's coming just out of the blue too. The media really haven't a clue what we're doing this summer..

Tony B mentioned it on Monday and other forums have had threads on it since then.

That LFC Boston lad said it's a done deal as he was told be John Henry.

These sort of signings aren't too bad, i'd assume his wage demands aren't fucking stupid so, if he was a flop we'd be able to flog him to another Italian club for about £7m and wouldn't lose that much.

If he's as good as they think he will be £10.3 is a bargain. I'd rather do these kinds of gamble deals than £35m gambles.

Seems in Italy you have to publish contract details with Roma he was going to be getting 1 3/4m/year this year rising to 2 3/4m/year. So you would expect we're offering at least that. 50K+ for a guy who has played less than 50 professional games, not sure myself. But if that is the going rate what can you do.

I dont think Borini is a bad signing - in fact, it could be a very good one - and I think everybody should give him a chance.

But if this is seriously the player Rodgers was claiming would "have the fans excited", i'll be fucking pissed off and will look forward to a shite summer and another year trying to finish above Everton.

Dempsey isn't a terrible player, and at ~5m, somebody of his ilk wouldn't be a bad signing. Its unfortunate, though, that Dempsey himself is absolute fucking cunt who I wouldn't want anywhere near our team. Arrogant wanker. (I'm going to try and get in as many insults as possible before he inevitably signs and we all have to respect him, despite the fact that hes a cunt.)

Guest ShoePiss
I dont think Borini is a bad signing - in fact, it could be a very good one - and I think everybody should give him a chance.

But if this is seriously the player Rodgers was claiming would "have the fans excited", i'll be fucking pissed off and will look forward to a shite summer and another year trying to finish above Everton.

Dempsey isn't a terrible player, and at ~5m, somebody of his ilk wouldn't be a bad signing. Its unfortunate, though, that Dempsey himself is absolute fucking cunt who I wouldn't want anywhere near our team. Arrogant wanker. (I'm going to try and get in as many insults as possible before he inevitably signs and we all have to respect him, despite the fact that hes a cunt.)

He is the player he was on about, pretty sure about that.

He is the player he was on about, pretty sure about that.

I don't understand why he would think the fanbase would be excited about it? Because he has a foreign name? Because he has some talent?

Man we have fallen far. I'm worried that this our "star" purchase this summer. I remember the summer we signed Torres along with a 12m youngster. No Torres this year it seems...

Borini got some quality. Still remember he played against our reserve team back in 2010, and he was top class. Scored a couple of goals as well. I would actually compare him with Luis, they are both some nasty fuckers to play against. Clever on the ball, great finisher and smart runs. I think he'll be a great signing for us.