You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Rangers go in to liquidation

Megadrive Man

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
div3. Highest average attendance 628. Lowest 321.

What do Rangers fans expect to get? There will be a lot that won't bother I'm sure. I just like the idea of fans still turning up in their 1000's to watch their team play despite the world of shit they find their club in.

Also, will the games against Clyde be considered a derby?

Guest ShoePiss
Their biggest Derby this season will be against Queens Park. They're from Glasgow.

Yes, wasn't my question but thanks. Funny that Queen's park play at Hampden and get get less than a 1000 showing up to watch.

What do Rangers fans expect to get? There will be a lot that won't bother I'm sure. I just like the idea of fans still turning up in their 1000's to watch their team play despite the world of shit they find their club in.

Also, will the games against Clyde be considered a derby?

Your guess is as good as mine. Personally I know of 3 supporters who turned into armchair Rangers fans, will be buying season tickets. But there will be glory hunters who will desert in thier thousands. Big derby against the original Glasgow/Scottish giants Queens Park.

Yeah, seriously... I was a little bit stunned.
The pantomime ain't over yet. First one of the Sporting Int£grity football clubs to make a statement.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Statement

INVERNESS Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron says the decision to place the 'Newco' Rangers into the third division next season could "spell the end of football as we know it."

Scottish Football League clubs met at Hampden Park this morning to come to a decision on where Charles Green's newco Ibrox club would play,and 25 of the 30 clubs voted the club into the bottom tier.

Cameron has said the club's directors are set for an emergency meeting this weekend to discuss the financial implications of the decision.

In a statement, Mr Cameron said today was saddening for Scottish clubs, and that no club would escape the consequences.

The statement, in full, reads as follows: "There will now inevitably be serious consequences for the game in Scotland.

"We have all, as clubs, accepted the views of our stakeholders in making the initial judgement to uphold sporting integrity.

"All clubs will now have to live with the repercussions of this decision. Scottish football was at a crossroads today in terms of what was on the table for all clubs regarding reorganisation, financial distribution and a road map that would have taken the game forward.

"But this has now been thrown in to disarray by this decision. This is a sad day for all clubs in Scotland."

Mr Cameron added: "None of us will escape the financial fallout from this. There was an opportunity on the table, in terms of the joint agreement tabled at today’s meeting for us all to come together and a genuine willingness to improve the game substantially over the coming years.

"But it now looks as though this will once again be kicked back in to the long grass. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring forward change may well have been lost.

"The directors of ICTFC are fully aware of the financial implications of this latest decision on Newco. The loss of either our fans or our sponsors was never going to leave any of the clubs in Scotland in a healthy financial position and for some this could spell the end of football as we know it.

"Certain clubs in the SFL have perceived the financial information they were receiving as a 'big stick' to beat them into accepting Newco in the First Division. This was definitely not the case, as far as I am concerned. What they were being told was the reality of the situation."

The chairman concluded: "We will be convening an emergency board meeting over the weekend to discuss the very serious financial implications for us as a club going forward."

The pantomime ain't over yet. First one of the Sporting Int£grity football clubs to make a statement. Inverness Caledonian Thistle Statement

Their statement is nonsense, isn't it?

Revenues will diminish, but for everyone. Relative positions remain identical.

The opportunity for change remains, that Chairman, who is in a minority wants to hold onto a broken past, not embrace a bold future.

Football will not only survive north of the border, it will be healthier. Rangers fans will have more fun. And interest will be greater than ever at "The Great Journey Back".

Im not wrong, it is you once again. Why do you continually make yourself look so foolish in your ineptitude to make it look like you know what you are talking about?

The soon to be liquidated rangers company will not settle the personal court cases. Any money obtained via that route will have to come from whyte, if they manage to get anything and he isnt declared bankrupt.

You are also wrong about HMRC putting down a marker. It was nothing of the sort. HMRC have long been against the situation where any club settled within the football fraternity first and non footballing creditors including HMRC were secondary.

HMRC even challenged this in court and guess what, like a lot of cases HMRC brings, it lost, wasting even more tax payers money through more pigheadedness.

Im glad you finally acknowledge whyte in his running of the club was on the fiddle.

As regards the smoggies, so what you are saying is there are different degrees of bankruptcy, are there?

Do you really want me to hand you your arse yet again on this matter?

I am afraid it is you that does not understand.

HMRC have said they will pursue named Directors to recover monies owed. Fact. They are the preferential creditor. Fact. The results are still to come. Fact.

You are entitled to your belief that the reality of personal claims in a court of law against Directors who have by maladministration, or fraud, brought their clubs to their knees is not a deterrent, but it is an unusual view.

The causes of bankruptcy are indeed different. Some may be precipitated by bad luck, some by poor administration, some by maladministration, and some by fraud.

Your view that HMRC has not laid down a marker to the shysters and fraudsters is again “different”. Your defence of a handful of rich men serially fleecing club at the expense of local businesses, the fans, and tax payer, extraordinary. The football creditors agreement is wrong. It is a view commonly held by bankers on the make and non-dom tax exiles, not football fans.

Your posts on football on the pitch, and off the pitch are always entertaining. The former for their shrewd observation, the latter for entirely different reasons.

I am tempted to make the quip about a man who does not know his arse from his elbow- but that would be a little cruel.

• 5 weeks later...

HMRC have said they will pursue named Directors to recover monies owed. Fact. They are the preferential creditor. Fact. The results are still to come. Fact.

You are entitled to your belief that the reality of personal claims in a court of law against Directors who have by maladministration, or fraud, brought their clubs to their knees is not a deterrent, but it is an unusual view.

The causes of bankruptcy are indeed different. Some may be precipitated by bad luck, some by poor administration, some by maladministration, and some by fraud.

Your view that HMRC has not laid down a marker to the shysters and fraudsters is again “different”. Your defence of a handful of rich men serially fleecing club at the expense of local businesses, the fans, and tax payer, extraordinary. The football creditors agreement is wrong. It is a view commonly held by bankers on the make and non-dom tax exiles, not football fans.

Your posts on football on the pitch, and off the pitch are always entertaining. The former for their shrewd observation, the latter for entirely different reasons.

I am tempted to make the quip about a man who does not know his arse from his elbow- but that would be a little cruel.

That was an articulate outburst, Xerxes.

Did you eat a roasted copy of Company Law (Volumes 1 through 4) with Financial Times sauce for lunch?

Guest San Don
Yes, wasn't my question but thanks. Funny that Queen's park play at Hampden and get get less than a 1000 showing up to watch.

Not really. They are the only amatuer club playing in professional leagues in England and Scotland if not Europe.

Not really. They are the only amatuer club playing in professional leagues in England and Scotland if not Europe.

I think the funny bit he may have been referring to, is the idea of a game being regularly played in a vast stadium with literally a relative handful of people watching. Rather than Queen's Park's famous and esteemed and rather unique amateur status in European Football circles.

Guest San Don
I see you just cannot help making yourself look foolish, eh?

HMRC have said they will pursue named Directors to recover monies owed. Fact. They are the preferential creditor. Fact.

HMRC may pursue named directors but they arent preferential creditor. Legislation a few years ago ended HMRC's preferential status in such cases.

They may yet pursue whyte. How much money they actually get out of him remains to be seen.

The results are still to come. Fact.

Wibble, wibble. The FACT as you like to say is, HMRC through their pigheadedness, left many small creditors out of pocket when they could have had 8p in the pound as settlement plus, the possibility the company may have paid further sums in the future to them.

HMRC in their continued show of pigheadedness means none of this can possibly happen. Why? Because HMRC are one of the biggest shysters around.

Do you work for the twats anyway?

Guest San Don
I think the funny bit he may have been referring to, is the idea of a game being regularly played in a vast stadium with literally a relative handful of people watching. Rather than Queen's Park's famous and esteemed and rather unique amateur status in European Football circles.

Perhaps. But a lot of people dont know of their status. In any event, sometimes they play at 'lesser Hampden' which is a lot smaller.

Perhaps. But a lot of people dont know of their status. In any event, sometimes they play at 'lesser Hampden' which is a lot smaller.

Is that right? Is that a ground right next door, and used specifically by Queen's Park? Or other things as well, like the bigger one? And how "small" is it?

Guest San Don
Is that right? Is that a ground right next door, and used specifically by Queen's Park? Or other things as well, like the bigger one? And how "small" is it?

Last time I was there, it was like a small athletic stadium like you get in a local park! Its pretty close to Hampden.

They tende to play there when Hampden was being renovated or, their a big international and the SFA want the pitch in pristine condition.