You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

The wife put me onto Radio 4's News Quiz Extra, it's ace.

https://fourble.co.uk Is your friend Col, you can set up a personal sub for news quizzes going back to early 2000s, you set the frequency ie one release every other day. It’s proper sound, though Calman is one annoying cunt. Regular blast from Jeremy Hardy is fucking superb though.

• Upvote 3

https://fourble.co.uk Is your friend Col, you can set up a personal sub for news quizzes going back to early 2000s, you set the frequency ie one release every other day. It’s proper sound, though Calman is one annoying cunt. Regular blast from Jeremy Hardy is fucking superb though.

Result - I'm hardly sleeping at the moment so I'm going through 3/4 podcasts a night and I'm virtually out. Thanks. 

About 15 minutes then aborted. I knew what was coming, and thought... fuck. that.

Like I said it was brutal and depressing. 

Normally with Jocko the macho bollocks puts me off, but with the more serious stuff he seems to tone it down a bit and is much better for it. 

New Peterson podcast up on the Russell Brand show.

Peterson’ is a massively mendacious, fraudulent fuck.

He makes claims in this podcast that we need to allow for more benficent corporate guardians, yet anyone of a decent intellectual capacity is aware of the preponderance for psychopaths and sociopaths to elevate to high office within such corporate entities.

He’s a right wing apologist who is comfortable with the status quo, out to calm the masses.

Poor old rusty, was ill equipped to pull him on this, give him time though, as he is peaking to the right people and had good intentions.

Like I said it was brutal and depressing. 

Normally with Jocko the macho bollocks puts me off, but with the more serious stuff he seems to tone it down a bit and is much better for it.

There’s a Jack Reacher series being filmed for Netflix, if ever there was a man made for a part it’s Jocko as Jack Reacher.

Peterson’ is a massively mendacious, fraudulent fuck.

He makes claims in this podcast that we need to allow for more benficent corporate guardians, yet anyone of a decent intellectual capacity is aware of the preponderance for psychopaths and sociopaths to elevate to high office within such corporate entities.

He’s a right wing apologist who is comfortable with the status quo, out to calm the masses.

Poor old rusty, was ill equipped to pull him on this, give him time though, as he is peaking to the right people and had good intentions.

Peterson turns into Deepak Chopra when talking about god

Amazes me how lightly the Japanese get away with the shit they pulled during WW2

Everyone on the whole looks to Germany for the worst atrocities but the Japanese where just as bad as anything the likes of Mengele pulled in the camps. There is a good documentary on youtube of Unit 731. The worst part of it is the vast majority walked away free from all of it. Most given immunity as long as they past of the testing results to the US. Most went on to be highly succesful post the war

Bit from wiki about Ishi the commander of the unit.

A few lines stand out

War crime immunity[edit]

Arrested by the US occupation authorities at the end of World War II, Ishii and other Unit 731 leaders were to be thoroughly interrogated by the Soviet authorities.[8] Instead, Ishii and his team managed to negotiate and receive immunity in 1946 from war-crimesprosecution before the Tokyo tribunal in exchange for their full disclosure of germ warfare data based on human experimentation. Although the Soviet authorities wished the prosecutions to take place, the United States objected after the reports of the investigating US microbiologists. Among these was Dr. Edwin Hill (Chief of Fort Detrick), whose report stated that the information was "absolutely invaluable", it "could never have been obtained in the United States because of scruples attached to experiments on humans", and "the information was obtained fairly cheaply".[8] On 6 May 1947, Douglas MacArthur wrote to Washington that "additional data, possibly some statements from Ishii probably can be obtained by informing Japanese involved that information will be retained in intelligence channels and will not be employed as 'War Crimes' evidence."[9] The deal was concluded in 1948.[citation needed] In this way Ishii was never prosecuted for any war crimes.

Richard Drayton, a Cambridge University history lecturer, claimed that Ishii later went to Maryland to advise on bioweapons. If Ishii did travel to Maryland, it was most likely to advise at Fort Detrick, a well known major biomedical experimentation facility in Frederick, Maryland. Wilfred Burchett wrote in 1953 that Reuters had reported Ishii as arriving in South Korea in 1951. This was at the same time that North Korea was alleging the US had used biological warfare in the Korean War.[11] Another source says he stayed in Japan, where he opened a clinic where he did examinations and treatments for free.[12] Ishii was especially concerned with the health of children.[citation needed] He kept a diary but it did not make reference to any of his wartime activity. He died of throat cancer at the age of 67, having, according to his daughter,[converted to Catholicism shortly before his death

Cheaply obtained data, only cost the lives of a few hundred thousand Chinese

The last bit you have to hope was long and fucking painful

Dunno if he's related but Ken Ishii is an absolute cockwhiff of a DJ, pre-programs everything, and dances around like a grade a, look at me blert. Dunno about warcrimes, but hang the fucker for crimes against the tech house nation.

I’m looking forward to checking that out. I assuming he talks about Dark Energy, etc?

I have only listened half so far, he was explaining Quantum Mechanics but the first part of the podcast is about future technology. Its a good listen.

Sean Carroll on Rogan is very interesting, although I didn't understand half of it as I'm not clever enough to comprehend what he's on about.

I’ve just subscribed to his podcast, it’s fucking ace. Obviously the altright Joe Rogan led me there.

I love listening to experts. It makes me laugh on here when posters claim to be clever, these fuckers are stellar intellects with no edge at all.

I’ve just subscribed to his podcast, it’s fucking ace. Obviously the altright Joe Rogan led me there.

I love listening to experts. It makes me laugh on here when posters claim to be clever, these fuckers are stellar intellects with no edge at all.

I'm clever and I don't have an edge, mate.