You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is a world class manager? I don't give a fuck whether Rafa is one or not. I do give a fuck about people making unfair comparisons with Dalglish.

I snipped all your irrelevant, laborious shit because frankly I didn't even read it. I've already wasted enough time on you this morning.

You don't want a discussion, you want an argument.

I was just about to say, don't bother because it's a waste of time. Good to see you figured that out yourself, mate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Let's be honest it needs sorting tomorrow to put an end to all this bollocks, either the owners come out and back him while allowing him to spend or they fuck him off. Our targets should be identified and ready to move for them the minute the season ends not still be debating whether Kenny is getting sacked or not.

Absolutely, I've been saying the same thing for weeks and weeks.

You didn't read it because you're convinced you're right regardless, just because you're the one who thinks it.

No, I was simply returning your favour, since you've been ignoring or misrepresenting everything I've posted. Now would you like a hug, or should we convene a meeting at Otterspool prom?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I was just about to say, don't bother because it's a waste of time. Good to see you figured that out yourself, mate.

You said the same thing when we were talking about players in the summer. Nothing like those who are consistently shown to be clueless declaring themselves a level above those they disagree with.

Fact is, I think Benitez got plenty wrong, especially in his last 18 months at the club. He was rightly under severe pressure of dismissal at times. But replacing him with a manager like Hodgson was the act of a fuckwit. Now, Kenny is the only manage I could be truly sentimental about, but he's made all kinds of fuck ups this season, and wasted money on shite. And then played the shite far too often. I wouldn't sack him now, but if we have another league season like this one, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Spot on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, I was simply returning your favour, since you've been ignoring or misrepresenting everything I've posted. Now would you like a hug, or should we convene a meeting at Otterspool prom?

Everything you've posted? Utter bollocks. I'm a going my view point, which you now realise has merit, and you're blanking it. You do this every time. Just say you're right and move on, it'll save us both a lot of time.

Not really, as I've just set out the context in the bit you've edited out. Gah.

My world-class manager? Are you saying Rafa wasn't a world class manager? I thought the problem here was that I was saying Kenny is no longer considered a world class manager.

Erm, what?

What?

Adding to the spend - that is an outgoing - of 59m of Carroll and Suarez, he spent 16m on Henderson, 20m on Downing, 8m on Adam, 8m on Coates and 8m on Enrique. That's a total of 119m.

Now, if we're comparing the first full seasons of the two most recent stints, both should have spent better. Rafa should have spent 2m of his £18m summer layout better, with all of his 7m winter outgoing better. Kenny should have spent around around £79m of his outgoings better. All managers make mistakes in the market, but Kenny has made some huge mistakes lately.

Now, if you want to get into net spend, obviously the total financial outgoings are lower (Rafa's total of £25m would have been reduced to about £16m and Kenny's £119m to around half that), but the principles remain the same: Kenny should have spent £79m of his available funds better. How much you receive (thanks, Rafa) isn't license to waste the money. That's hardly controversial, is it?

Of course there's things that mean we shouldn't expect miracles, even from the truly massive amounts spent, but this season, by anybody's standard, has been woeful. Whether you think he should get a chance to 'fix' that, well, that's entirely subjective. It has nothing to do with my original point, though, which is that Kenny is no longer a world class manager.

This is so correct. There really should be no further argument.

Everything you've posted? Utter bollocks. I'm a going my view point, which you now realise has merit, and you're blanking it. You do this every time. Just say you're right and move on, it'll save us both a lot of time.

I reckon I can think of another way to save my time.

Guest davelfc

Fact is, I think Benitez got plenty wrong, especially in his last 18 months at the club. He was rightly under severe pressure of dismissal at times. But replacing him with a manager like Hodgson was the act of a fuckwit. Now, Kenny is the only manage I could be truly sentimental about, but he's made all kinds of fuck ups this season, and wasted money on shite. And then played the shite far too often. I wouldn't sack him now, but if we have another league season like this one, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Can't disagree with this, most reds want Kenny to get another season. It makes complete sense in every way. (Well to me anyway)

And a final fact. Which I have mentioned before. We played in two European Cup finals under Benitez. We won't ever reach another under Kenny

Deep down you all know it too

This has less to do with Kenny than your sentence would seem to imply. Rafa didn't have citeh and a resurgent spurs to deal with. Of course what annoys me is what Rafa could have achieved under different owners and while the media have a love in for moyes and his 'achievements', Rafa still overachieved with us while the squad was being diluted on him.

You said the same thing when we were talking about players in the summer. Nothing like those who are consistently shown to be clueless declaring themselves a level above those they disagree with.

Get it right, in the summer you whinged about the players we were signing, constantly. Like non-stop, repetitive bullshit.

I said i'd rather wait and see how they did before saying anything about them. In general, I agree that our business was poor, after watching them play.

I'll always prefer to wait and see how a player does before judging him, and I won't make the same point over and over and over...

You obviously value being right above anything else, as your last post proves, which is just really sad to be honest.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This is so correct. There really should be no further argument.

I guess everybody sees things differently, and I definitely take the point that we shouldn't have expected miracles considering the turbulent period we've just exited, but I'm just asking for some to wipe the lovedust away from their eyes.

Club first, then base all other decisions on that. Anyway, I'm off out.

I guess everybody sees things differently, and I definitely take the point that we shouldn't have expected miracles considering the turbulent period we've just exited, but I'm just asking for some to wipe the lovedust away from their eyes.

Club first, then base all other decisions on that. Anyway, I'm off out.

physician, heal thyself.

FSG will not bring back Benitez, because if they ever bin Dalglish they won't repeat the "hire a former managerial icon" routine.

Benitez was a decent Manager but he isn't the genius so many here think he is, and he isn't that well regarded, rarely see his name linked to openings anymore (even the recent Chelsea nonesense was as caretaker until Mourinho became available).

Fact is I want a manager be it benitez or someone in his mould ,a manager that has a plan and who makes us hard to beat and opposition hate to play.I just dont think dalglish can do that,under benitez players new there role our team was like a machine,i want that mentality back

Hang on a god darn minute.

Are we saying net spend doesn't matter when it comes to Kenny?

It's a completely different situation. Kenny was given every penny of income to spend and then some; the 'net spend' argument only has legs if you're scrapping around with a limited budget. Kenny had a huge budget and decided to splurge it on ridiculous failures like Stewart Downing, the Claudio Ranieri of the left wing, and Jordan Henderson, who is such a non-entity that I can't even think of a bad comparison.

You can't speak of net or gross when you've been given £120m to spend, you couldn't sell, say, Lionel Messi for 119m, sign Kevin Phillips for £120m and try to claim that you've done good business having only spent £1m net. Tragically, that's not as far from what actually happened as it should be.

Fact is I want a manager be it benitez or someone in his mould ,a manager that has a plan and who makes us hard to beat and opposition hate to play.I just dont think dalglish can do that,under benitez players new there role our team was like a machine,i want that mentality back

Pulis?

You can't speak of net or gross when you've been given £120m to spend, you couldn't sell, say, Lionel Messi for 119m, sign Kevin Phillips for £120m and try to claim that you've done good business having only spent £1m net. Tragically, that's not as far from what actually happened as it should be.

yes it is. it's nothing alike

There's no use bickering on here. What will be will be. We will know for sure soon enough. Everyone KNOWS this season has not been good enough, certainly in the league - and that's the place a teams truest measure is gauged. Everyone therefore KNOWS Kenny is under some scrutiny, and he may or may not stay on in the manger's role.

If he is let go most will be sad, as there have been signs that some of the players are starting to come good, and there has been some good football. We want Kenny to stay, address the mistakes, and turn it around next season. If Kenny goes it will split the fans as it is too soon.

If he gets another season and we are nowhere near top four again, then fine, make the change. Fans will be unified behind that decision at that time.

It's a precarious time for Kenny. League form has not been acceptable. The owners have shown they are not afraid to sack people. We will just have to see what happens. I hope they stick.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Get it right, in the summer you whinged about the players we were signing, constantly. Like non-stop, repetitive bullshit.

Repetitive, sure. Boring, definitely. Bullshit, unfortunately not.

I said i'd rather wait and see how they did before saying anything about them. In general, I agree that our business was poor, after watching them play.

I'll always prefer to wait and see how a player does before judging him, and I won't make the same point over and over and over...

I didn't judge the player, I made a prediction. I gave an opinion on what I thought would happen. Just like you did when you predicted that Joe Cole would be good business, Robbie Keane would be excellent, or when you said that getting Pennant over Dani Alves would be better for the team. Those are predictions just the same.

I don't care if it's right or wrong, not unless you want to start having a pop at me for it. Then I'll happily defend myself.

You obviously value being right above anything else, as your last post proves, which is just really sad to be honest.

When talking to somebody who says you talk bullshit, there is only right and wrong. Talking on a forum is no indication of desire for the team to do well. Me saying Downing was a dickie signing hasn't made him a worse player.

Off the cuff chatter on a forum isn't the same thing as making your team play badly. It's not even the same as wanting them to play badly. I want every player we sign, regardless of what I say about them, to be the best player ever. Unfortunately, back here in reality, players have played badly. Spotting it before it happens is something that shouldn't be shouted down, in my opinion.

Why are people making shite like this up?

We are linked with a striker from South America named Martinez and now some shite rags think we are linked with the Wigan manager Martinez, how the fuck do these people get their jobs?

Let take a look at this sterling job Martinez has done at Wigan, I'd say he is their worst manager in PL history.

His teams have conceded more than 60 goals every season he has been there for a starters, thats just abysmal.

Wigan:

05/06: 10. Wigan 38 15 6 17 45-52 51p , Paul Jewell.

06/07: 17. Wigan 38 10 8 20 37-59 38p , Paul Jewell.

07/08: 14. Wigan 38 10 10 18 34-51 40p , Steve Bruce

08/09: 11. Wigan 38 12 9 17 34-45 45p , Steve Bruce

-------------------------------------------------------------------

09/10: 16. Wigan 38 9 9 20 37-79 36p , Roberto Martinez

10/11: 16. Wigan 38 9 15 14 40-61 42p , Roberto Martinez

11/12: 15. Wigan 37 10 10 17 39-60 40p , Roberto Martinez

I dont think our owners know much about football, but not much is a bit more than knowing fuck all which is what I suspect the level is from those who make these things up and those who actually believe in them.