You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadly i feel this is the end, I feel change in the air.

Kenny is and always will be a legend, and i thank him for coming back to save us from Hodgson, but if we have any realistic ambitions of being a top club again and also keeping our star players, we need to act soon.

Guest davelfc
Theres more chance of simon green becoming king of England than there is of Benitez being offered the job if it becomes available.

He's already king of the gypsies. Simon I mean, not Rafa.

It isn't blind loyalty or thinking a club legend is infallible to argue that Dalglish should get another season, some see the foundation of a good team (i said foundation, not that we are a good team) and a man who has the potential to put right his own errors.

Everyone, manager included, has underperformed. Some see sticking with what we have and making alterations as likely to repeat this sorry mess of a season again. The flip side is that if you bring someone else in you begin a new state of transition and risk repeating it all anyway.

It's not a heart vs head thing for me, but more a case of not repeating the mistake we made with Rafa i.e. It's fine saying bin the manager, but if you've no-one lined up of any quality what's the point?

Theres more chance of simon green becoming king of England than there is of Benitez being offered the job if it becomes available.

The champions of england finished 3 points better off today than we got 3 years ago, we lost 2 games all season.

Today we finished 37 points off the to, with as many defeats as victories.

Not saying he should definetly get the job, althoughi would love him back. But he should at least be interviewed, they would be fools not to.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It isn't blind loyalty or thinking a club legend is infallible to argue that Dalglish should get another season' date=' some see the foundation of a good team (i said foundation, not that we are a good team) and a man who has the potential to put right his own errors.[/quote']

I think that's the main difference. Some are seeing the foundation of a good team and that the manager has the potential to fix what has gone wrong.

I, and others, quite clearly don't see the foundation of a good team. I see a team as bad as I ever have at this club, with a few decent players holding it together. I'm not convinced we'll keep those players and I'm not convinced by the type of player Kenny has been looking at over previous seasons and the ones he has bought into the club.

I think one of the big questions here is just how ambitious are the owners?

Because if they aren't prepared to invest a lot of money this coming season then they might as well move Kenny out.

I've heard stories banded about that they are only planning on giving Kenny £20M this summer, well to be frank you could have Kenny, Rafa, Pele, Guardiola, whoever you fucking like or all four of them togehter, if that is to be the extent of the ambition of the owners then we aren't going to do anything next season.

John Henry thinks nothing at all about breaking transfer records for his fucking baseball team so let's see now what they intend to do.

Guest davelfc
Let's hear a compelling argument for sticking with Kenny. Seriously, let's hear one.

I've yet to see a decent argument for sacking him..

If you really do need people to spell out why we should give Kenny another season then you clearly have not been paying attention to our games.

There have been some poor decisions, some poor signings and some poor performances. But I've seen our play improve, games we have drawn we should have battered the opposition. Compare that with hodgson and those fucking dire performances.

I'm not going to make excuses for Kenny or some of the players but I don't see any point in ripping up the good work Kenny has done, not after a season.

I don't think you'd get any complaints if the results continued not to come next season and the problem areas had not been addressed.

So for me, it's worth sticking with Kenny and for what it is worth, I am pretty damned 100% sure that the owners will be sticking with him.

Which makes all of this a little pointless.

If you really do need people to spell out why we should give Kenny another season then you clearly have not been paying attention to our games.

There have been some poor decisions, some poor signings and some poor performances. But I've seen our play improve, games we have drawn we should have battered the opposition. Compare that with hodgson and those fucking dire performances.

I'm not going to make excuses for Kenny or some of the players but I don't see any point in ripping up the good work Kenny has done, not after a season.

I don't think you'd get any complaints if the results continued not to come next season and the problem areas had not been addressed.

So for me, it's worth sticking with Kenny and for what it is worth, I am pretty damned 100% sure that the owners will be sticking with him.

This is a compelling enough argument for me.

It is not for some other people.

I'm old, perhaps more patient, perhaps more foolish.

I've waited this long. I'm prepared to wait a little longer, because I feel it's worth it.

That is perhaps sentiment. And not a good enough reason for some.

That's life.

Whatever happens, we'll still be Liverpool supporters. Because of sentiment maybe. And because we're loyal.

Guest davelfc
This is a compelling enough argument for me.

It is not for some other people.

I'm old, perhaps more patient, perhaps more foolish.

I've waited this long. I'm prepared to wait a little longer, because I feel it's worth it.

That is perhaps sentiment. And not a good enough reason for some.

That's life.

Whatever happens, we'll still be Liverpool supporters. Because of sentiment maybe. And because we're loyal.

I have to admit that I am hugely driven by sentiment in this, I knew I would be. I'm sure I am not alone. I would like to think that I would give any other manager the same time as I would like to see Kenny get.

I am unable to stand back on this one, so I am not sure. But I am pretty sure I want Kenny to get another season.

I think that's the main difference. Some are seeing the foundation of a good team and that the manager has the potential to fix what has gone wrong.

I, and others, quite clearly don't see the foundation of a good team. I see a team as bad as I ever have at this club, with a few decent players holding it together. I'm not convinced we'll keep those players and I'm not convinced by the type of player Kenny has been looking at over previous seasons and the ones he has bought into the club.

I also see a piss poor, lop sided unbalanced team, the same as you i dare say, but i also see the lack of flair as the main problem, not the foundation.

If the transfer tittle tattle of possibilities like De Jong, Elm and Belhanda are true i think this team would look infinitely better.

I suppose it's a question of what you fear most. For many keeping Kenny is a guarantee of overpriced British players, which i'd say is only half the picture. Personally, i fear our lack of leadership at board level and our owners' inability to source a better manager as far more problematic and likely to send us into true mid-table mediocrity.

Nobody is bigger than the club, we'd all trade Suarez for Messi etc but for it to even be a consideration there has to be a better alternative. The derisory assumption that things can't get worse, and anybody will be better than Kenny seems to be similar to the twisted logic that brought us Hodgson.

I have to admit that I am hugely driven by sentiment in this, I knew I would be. I'm sure I am not alone. I would like to think that I would give any other manager the same time as I would like to see Kenny get.

I am unable to stand back on this one, so I am not sure. But I am pretty sure I want Kenny to get another season.

There is nothing wrong with what is driving you, Dave.

It sounds reasonable to me.

I also see a piss poor' date=' lop sided unbalanced team, the same as you i dare say, but i also see the lack of flair as the main problem, not the foundation.

If the transfer tittle tattle of possibilities like De Jong, Elm and Belhanda are true i think this team would look infinitely better.

I suppose it's a question of what you fear most. For many keeping Kenny is a guarantee of overpriced British players, which i'd say is only half the picture. Personally, i fear our lack of leadership at board level and our owners' inability to source a better manager as far more problematic and likely to send us into true mid-table mediocrity.

Nobody is bigger than the club, we'd all trade Suarez for Messi etc but for it to even be a consideration there has to be a better alternative. The derisory assumption that things can't get worse, and anybody will be better than Kenny seems to be similar to the twisted logic that brought us Hodgson.[/quote']

Well put.

Now I know why your avatar is a picture of a headless chicken.