You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The current officiating fiasco

Lucky Pierre

Their own ego is most likely the biggest factor in this country, at least in some cases. Look out for the ones with their own websites and their own agent. These will be the ones who think THEY are as big as the players themselves.

They all seem to want their 15 minutes of fame. The antics of some of them would indicate that.

Anyone who is in any doubt only needs to look at that penalty given against Aston Villa today its plainly obvious that Young dived but halsey who could'nt have been more than a couple of yrds away instantly gave the manc shite another penalty its fuckin outrageous how many iffy decisions these bastards are getting just as the title becomes a little bit interesting

My Grandad is convinced that in a few years time, when Ferguson is dead, a few people will come out of the woodwork and say that refs took bribes.

He knows it.

Corruption is not always about money. More insidious is corruption through influence. Man U has a culture of influencing anyone and anything in any way. Whether it's the media, the FA, the referees, they do it! They use every practice in the book - hospitality, favors, introductions, as well as the negative ones - denial of access, criticism, putting out negative PR.

They use third parties, paid and unpaid. Some of them we know - Ferguson surrogates all thinking they'll get a favor someday - Moyes, Bruce, Allardyce, And yes, Hodgson.

Clever shit it is. We need to sign Machiavelli!

Anyone who is in any doubt only needs to look at that penalty given against Aston Villa today its plainly obvious that Young dived but halsey who could'nt have been more than a couple of yrds away instantly gave the manc shite another penalty its fuckin outrageous how many iffy decisions these bastards are getting just as the title becomes a little bit interesting

Was going to post the same thing. Young's one today was worse than last week. It's so bad, and so blatant, I'm sure it's actually quite embarrassing for some of their lot. Who the fuck wants to win like that?

Was going to post the same thing. Young's one today was worse than last week. It's so bad, and so blatant, I'm sure it's actually quite embarrassing for some of their lot. Who the fuck wants to win like that?

Evidently, they do. I don't think they give a fuck as shit like this has meant they are highly likely to pick up silverware each May. They don't care about how they do it. As long as they do it, that's all that matters.

Problem with the mancs is that they think it's their divine right to get these calls, and they feel no remorse or shame for it!

I've had mancs tell me that they think the latest Young dive (one of many) was a penalty, and they're not kidding... Unbelievable

its not corruption as in people taking bribes. it is down to the top refs wanting to be involved in the top games. and as utd have the biggest ground and have been the most successful club in the last 20 years utd have been involved in a lot of big games. so when a ref gives something against utd, purplekonk slags them off on live tele and they dont get another one of his games for months (if at all). so the refs kowtow to their claims of pens, give them the benefit of the doubt in close offsides and other such stuff. im not suggesting for one minute that this is across the board but it is a subconscious part of a ref decision making in utd games. in other words they are shit scared of him blacklisting them and being banished to the hawthorns or the reebok for a year.

It's that's bad I'm convinced it's corruption

Someone I know was offered 100k to make sure his greyhound didnt win a race in England.

That's greyhound racing imagine the amount of money that's involved in football and with dodgy Russian billionaires floating about its not as far fetched as some make out.

Guest Pistonbroke

Well a German referee was done for taking backhanders after he owned up to being got at by dodgy eastern European betting syndicates. He was silenced before mentioning other officials he said were involved. Greek and Turkish football is rife with corruption. You would have to be a fool not to think it goes on in this country.

I was sat in a bookies in Bielefeld Germany a few months back and a lad who was the cousin of a player from some Rumanian team came in. They were playing at home to the bottom placed club in the league. We were told that they would be leading 1-0 at H/T but would lose to the bottom placed team 2-1....it finished exactly how he told us. We tried to get on to bet at H/T but the bookie had suspended all further betting on the game. Plus it wasn't the lad in the bookie who had done this but the main bookies in Malta, i'm sure the bent cunts know as well.

Officiating has never been as bad as it is today. If you think back to the 80s, errors of any magnitude were so rare they stick out like sore thumbs. Failure to play advantage in the 1988 FA Cup Final when Beardsley was about to score. Giving Juventus a penalty in the 1985 European Cup final when it was 5 yards outside the box. Allowing Maradona to score with his hand in 86.

These days however we're getting half a dozen historically bad decisions every weekend, sometimes all in the same match. Some of it is incompetence, some corruption.

But fergie said it was a penalty so now the media are saying Young made a meal of it but it was a penalty. Of course when he says Torres and Suarez are divers they get labelled cheats.I turned the tele off after they gave the penalty I'd had enough