You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Fuck me, still cannot get a check up with the gob doctor despite my last check up being in late 2019 and being double jabbed. Gob doctor's receptionist says they're working their way through 'the list' identifying priority patients.

Isnt not having a check up since late 2019 a bit of a priority then, I asked? No, sorry, it isnt.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, still cannot get a check up with the gob doctor despite my last check up being in late 2019 and being double jabbed. Gob doctor's receptionist says they're working their way through 'the list' identifying priority patients.

Isnt not having a check up since late 2019 a bit of a priority then, I asked? No, sorry, it isnt.

"Priority" being the ones they can get more money from, probably teeth whitening and other cosmetic stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

"Priority" being the ones they can get more money from, probably teeth whitening and other cosmetic stuff.

Agree mate. Said to the old girl if we both offered to pay the near £100 each for check ups, we'd both be seen by the end of next week.

Im feeling like my mate Victor Meldrew today, the cunts at BT have really boiled my piss as well.

Been with them since 2013 on fibre and had really good speeds of 50mb+ download. Last 2 years it's been shite and repeatedly going down. Have complained a couple of times. The Homehub is synching at just over 40 and their speed test shows Im actually getting just over 37.

Spoke to Jordan in Stockport. He says I'll get no joy as Im getting above the 30mb guarantee. Funny I said, last time I spoke with BT they said 37 was the minimum guarantee.

Im sure the cunts are now throttling lines and lowered speeds generally.

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah doctors seem so stretched now. They told my brother that my dad has a year left and instead of the doctor telling me he said to pass on the message. Despite daily requests to speak with him for weeks I never got a call back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Yeah doctors seem so stretched now. They told my brother that my dad has a year left and instead of the doctor telling me he said to pass on the message. Despite daily requests to speak with him for weeks I never got a call back. 

Fucking hell Rem x 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

Strewth pal, so sorry. X

• Upvote 1

On 11/08/2021 at 19:03, Lee909 said:

Cunts taking over a contract. 

Due to some most likely dodgy contract dealings a fucking useless facilities company got our security contract last Dec. Nothing but shit from them since. They have 3 total security contracts, don't have a clue how to run security. But today had a massive blow up with our contracts manager. Apparently we are all unprofessional, can't do our jobs and need to not talk to the client. Amazing since 3 of us have been there 18/17 and 14 years

Absolute cunts

Sorry just venting. 

Found a job opening with our old company and will speak to them tomorrow. Good thing is they want 5 people, if the hours are ok im going to try and get it. Means a drop of about £150, but if its ok i guess it'll be worth it for peace of mind. Good thing is i think 3 or 4 others on site might go if we can all get the jobs. I would love it if we all got the job and could put our resignation letters in at the same time and fuck them over

Well this escalated pretty quickly

Get the feeling they are trying to push the old staff out, moaning we are not providing the clients with value and all the normal corporate bollocks from a company with no history in the industry. Found our old company have a opening for 5 guards in another expanding corporate office. Spoke to my old company today and they seem quite happy to bring some of us back over. Obviously have to go through the normal interview process but the site manager knows us from when we worked from them and said that they will get the recruitment staff to keep a eye out for our applications. So hopefully in the next month at least 2 or 3 of us might be able to dump resignations letters on them at the same time. Seems weird as i wasn't expecting this a few days back and was quite happy to stay there. 17 years at the site and these cunts fuck it all up in under a year

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Get the feeling they are trying to push the old staff out, moaning we are not providing the clients with value and all the normal corporate bollocks from a company with no history in the industry. Found our old company have a opening for 5 guards in another expanding corporate office. Spoke to my old company today and they seem quite happy to bring some of us back over. Obviously have to go through the normal interview process but the site manager knows us from when we worked from them and said that they will get the recruitment staff to keep a eye out for our applications. So hopefully in the next month at least 2 or 3 of us might be able to dump resignations letters on them at the same time. Seems weird as i wasn't expecting this a few days back and was quite happy to stay there. 17 years at the site and these cunts fuck it all up in under a year

I'm guessing they know what they are doing trying to force those of you with extended service out. I'd guess you'd have accrued some rights or bigger financial pay offs along the way versus shorter service and new starters?

13 hours ago, Remmie said:

Very sorry to read what your family is going through. Take care.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm guessing they know what they are doing trying to force those of you with extended service out. I'd guess you'd have accrued some rights or bigger financial pay offs along the way versus shorter service and new starters?

No

Its security work, there are no pay offs etc. We are pretty sure they got the contract with some back hand deals, though I'm not saying more on here and those that know where i work, please don't mention it. Its nothing exciting. 

We know when we are short staffed the temps they bring in are on minimum wage and a few of us think they want us out to reduce the wage on site with temp guards in our place. Security if not in house is generally shit, though i have been doing it years as it pays ok and suited me. 

Anyone everything sent off now so just waiting on hopeful successful interviews 

On 13/08/2021 at 00:56, Lee909 said:

And its done, resignation letters went in today and I'm gone in 28 days. 

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

You know what's worse than taking a tumble down the stairs? When you take a tumble carrying a potty of your daughter's fresh piss and fling it all over yourself

Are you over 40 yet? Apparently people over 40 only fall downstairs twice, because the 2nd time kills them. 

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Good man. Handed mine in towards the end of last month, was meant to work up until next Thursday but they've just put me on gardening leave because I've worked my arse off for 3 weeks into it. Start my new job on the 1st of September. I'm made up 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good man. Handed mine in towards the end of last month, was meant to work up until next Thursday but they've just put me on gardening leave because I've worked my arse off for 3 weeks into it. Start my new job on the 1st of September. I'm made up 

Best of luck with it. 

Have to admit sat for a minute before pressing send on the email, I'm 38 and been there since i was 20, and even 10 days ago didn't see this coming. But its probably no coincidence that I've been a mixture of tired and really happy and relaxed the past week since i started the process. 

Down side is i probably can't just sit and watch my laptop all night. But on the other hand thats probably a good thing really. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Best of luck with it. 

Have to admit sat for a minute before pressing send on the email, I'm 38 and been there since i was 20, and even 10 days ago didn't see this coming. But its probably no coincidence that I've been a mixture of tired and really happy and relaxed the past week since i started the process. 

Down side is i probably can't just sit and watch my laptop all night. But on the other hand thats probably a good thing really. 

You've easily done the right thing by the sounds of it Lee. Good on you. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

You sorted for your next role? 

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you over 40 yet? Apparently people over 40 only fall downstairs twice, because the 2nd time kills them. 

Yeah, I turn 41 in October. Looks like I had a close escape then. In my youth I threw myself down the stairs in protest against a couple of my mates giving me an acoustic guitar performance they'd been working on. I laughed all the way down, you could say I pissed myself.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Congratulations you spawny prick. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Best of luck with it. 

That sounds like grade A bullshit. Surely one of the perks of the role?

7 minutes ago, Remmie said:

That sounds like grade A bullshit. Surely one of the perks of the role?

It's corporate building security its the only perk of the job. But i have noticed on the past few years since we could bring laptops i struggle to actually site and say read a book all night, or to commit to learning new things has been harder. And i do my job in a bit of a autopilot. So a change and busier night(10 floors to check now) will be a wake up i think i need. So hopefully that spills over to outside of work. I guess 18 years doing the same mind numbing crap will do it. I'm doing the same work, but new setting and back to a actual security company and not a facilities management company. 

So back to 5 live on the radio for games for me most likely. 

Fuming a bit here.

I don't really care about grass, it's just always been a "meh" thing to me, but the Mrs. does and so when we bought this new house in Florida she decided to fix it up. It was green, but looked rather ugly as there were a lot of weeds and some bristly thing they call grass here mixed in.

So she spent loads of money killing the old grass, we both spent incredible effort cutting all the old grass out with a sod-cutter and re-seeding with new grass. Now she's out there every day pulling weeds while the new grass comes in. It's looking beautiful - still not worth the money or effort IMO, but it does look much better.

The one thing is that there are still some patches where the grass is still growing in. Now mind you, before we did any of this, we knew it would be a mess for a couple of months so we went around with homemade biscuits to give out to all of our immediate neighbors and explained what we were going to do and apologized that everything would look terrible for a month or so while it was sorted.

So yesterday I come home to a letter from the homeowner's association threatening to fine us if we don't get the lawn sorted! Meaning that one of our neighbors has called them and reported us to the association for an unsightly lawn! The absolute cheek!

9 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Fuming a bit here.

I don't really care about grass, it's just always been a "meh" thing to me, but the Mrs. does and so when we bought this new house in Florida she decided to fix it up. It was green, but looked rather ugly as there were a lot of weeds and some bristly thing they call grass here mixed in.

So she spent loads of money killing the old grass, we both spent incredible effort cutting all the old grass out with a sod-cutter and re-seeding with new grass. Now she's out there every day pulling weeds while the new grass comes in. It's looking beautiful - still not worth the money or effort IMO, but it does look much better.

The one thing is that there are still some patches where the grass is still growing in. Now mind you, before we did any of this, we knew it would be a mess for a couple of months so we went around with homemade biscuits to give out to all of our immediate neighbors and explained what we were going to do and apologized that everything would look terrible for a month or so while it was sorted.

So yesterday I come home to a letter from the homeowner's association threatening to fine us if we don't get the lawn sorted! Meaning that one of our neighbors has called them and reported us to the association for an unsightly lawn! The absolute cheek!

"grass grasses on lack of grass"

Put a Black Lives Matter flag up. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Fuming a bit here.

I don't understand the concept of a 'Homeowner's Association'.

How can someone fine you for not having a nice garden, it's your fucking garden surely? 

• Upvote 1