You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs United FA Cup

LFCGeorge

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fucking beautiful result. Just beautiful.

Admittedly it was against the poorest United squad to come to Anfield in recent memory but you can only beat what's in front of you can't you.?

Take Suarez out of our team and we definitely miss his spark in attack but take Rooney out of that United team and they are painfully fucking workmanlike. Just desperately mediocre. They obviously miss Nani, Rooney and Vidic, but no more than we missed Lucas and Suarez, so there's no excuses for them. None at all.

Man of the match for me was Bellamy. The entire complexion of the game changed once he came on and they looked fucking terrified to be frank. We've barely missed Suarez, (so this one man team bullshit can stop now), and that's because of Bellamy and he's a fucking credit to the team and the management.

Five at the back looked a mistake to me, but if they idea was to contain them and then hit them in the last half hour with Bellamy's pace and a more direct 4-4-2 then you've got to say it worked perfectly and it's a great use of the squad by Kenny.

It's also a demonstration of how badly Ferguson is fucking up his squad with his vile, bullying personality. His squad has got Hernandez, (who's potential is being wasted), Berbatov, (who looks a fucking shadow of the player who terrified opponents just two years ago) and De Gea, who Ferguson seems to be on a demented mission to destroy any shred of confidence the young lads got. Compare that to our young lads playing with a smile, the reaction from Dalglish when the subs come off, (it's fucking hugs galore on that touchline isn't it?), and you can see a real difference in the man-management skills.

Personally, I think that that was a vital component as to why we've had such a fucking brilliant week.

And make no mistake, this has been a fucking superb week, one of the best for a good few seasons at least.

We're on the right path and we're looking strong, two vital games and two fucking beautiful results. Kenny and the lads can be proud and we should be too.

This is a good week for all of us, let's enjoy it.

One thing I'll say is that these games will get more and more poisonous as the mancs keep on declining, similar to the way it did with the bitters. The hate itself becomes the be all and end all.

I've hated them since 1977. (Cup Final of course). In those days, they were shite and we were great. It's irrational. I'm Australian. I have Manc supporting mates, including my Dad, although he hates them now because he can't abide Fergie. The poison's in my blood. It can't get any more or less poisonous than it's been with me for 35 years. Luckily in my case, it's just a football thing. Nothing more.

The FA have awarded today’s FA Cup tie to Manchester United, accepting Patrice Evra's claim (after the referee had blown for full time) that his team had in fact scored at least ten goals and not just one.

The fact that no players, supporters or officials, nor TV cameras’ were able to confirm the other ten or more goals, did not mean that Mr. Evra's claim was false.

When interviewed (through an amateur interpreter) immediately after the game, the accused Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina admitted conceding one goal. This damning confession was enough to convince the FA panel that he must have conceded the other ten or more as claimed by Mr. Evra.

The FA found Mr. Evra to be a very convincing witness on account of the fact that he is such a lovely bloke, has never been in trouble before, and claims to be fluent in several languages.

Mr. Reina's testimony on the other hand was found to be totally unreliable in that he is Spanish (and we all know what they are like) and spoke mainly in Spanish through an interpreter.

As Mr. Reina had admitted to conceding one goal, the FA panel concluded that the probability was that he had conceded more than one. Mr. Evra would not have been so adamant if he hadn't.

The FA has therefore settled on Manchester United winning by a margin of 7 goals to 2 as the true final score.

Pepe Reina and Liverpool Football Club have the right to appeal the score within the next 24 hours, but not overturn the defeat.

that sums up the whole debacle brilliantly

We didnt play five at the back, Carra played DM.

Generally it worked but Carras lack of match fitness and it being a while since hes played there told. His nature is to gravitate further back than he needed to be. Plus Gerrard didnt play that well and seemed tired.

In the circumstances though it was the only team to play and it was obviously the an beforehand to bring on the subs to capitalise on uniteds ageing midfeild.

Kenny played a blinder here and no mistake getting every drop from the cards he had. It wasnt the pretteist but you have to play the game as it comes if people thought we were just going to swat them aside with ease ala barca in the cl final then I despair.

Carrol played tremendously well with what he had, he could have done better and there were occasions when he did his pony trot jog but one step at a time.

I am one of the few on here thats never questioned his actual ability despite writing him off from the second we signed him. Its whats in his head thats the problem, has he got a brain or is his hed just full of shit?

That Commolli might undermine him and Kennys faith sickens me but for Andy to to take the shit this was as good a match as any to make a start in doing so if he is to battle the micheal ricketts syndrome head on.

Im thinking of doing a marathon in order to raise money for research into this terrible disease. Clearly the chemotherapy didnt work as hes still a big hairy arse cornflake with a pony tail.

Well Kenny can give him a blue Riband after this, Id save the mint clubs and breakaways for another day tho. In future we can look to taxis but lets not get carried away here we are not even thinking about stocking up on tunnocks caramel waifers at this stage but it is a far cry from the orange clubs we are accustomed to, its his blue riband and ruffled head and he earned it so lets reseal the plastic Stork margerine lid and put it back in the fridge for now

Guest Pistonbroke
One thing I'll say is that these games will get more and more poisonous as the mancs keep on declining, similar to the way it did with the bitters. The hate itself becomes the be all and end all.

Spot on. I am old enough to remember when the mancs were relegated in the 74 season. The poison around that time was also down to them being in decline and the jealousy towards us winning things. When they were promoted things just kicked off onto another level and the so called rivalry had nothing to do with it, when it comes to football we hate each other and that will never change.

Quick word that the referee did well. Just what was needed.

Thought he was very good but the game was surprisingly low key & not as difficult as he was expecting I should imagine.

Maxi was a bit lucky in the present climate but can't think of many flashpoints other than that. Was wondering at one point what odds Halsey had got on there being no yellow cards.

Guest Pistonbroke
Quick word that the referee did well. Just what was needed.

Said the same on the MF. I was pleasantly surprised when i realised Twatkinson had pulled out due to illness as i hadn't read anything. Halsey had a great game and deserves the plaudits.

Thought we played well as a Group in the two halves doing different jobs per half. In the first? We concentrated on holding at bay their threat & letting the likes of Scholes, Giggs etc wear themselves out without providing To much threat whilst doing something They have perfected against us in recent years - Namely striking on the break Just when it looks like They will be the ones scoring & although they did just that in the first half? They did little else. Although I'll settle for Carra' being on the bench from now on if it's alright with Kenny? He gives just To many heart attacks now on the pitch never mind in That position & against Them of all teams!!!

Second half? That all changed completely - Most noticeably soon after Scholes was taken off & Our subs brought on/Our team rejigged? The game completely changed & we looked Very dangerous nearly Every time we went forward, Hit the bar, scored at the end, forced their keeper & backline into utter panic more than once with at least One similar risk at our end but other than the moment where Skrtel helped save us? They offered Nothing at our end in the second half & on the second half performance? We deserved it.

Also is it me? Or is the number of players we have scoring against them? Not to mention the number of mistakes/deliberate tactics we're starting to benefit from against them? Starting to increase drastically on the fucking embarrassing situation 3 or 4 years ago where one of ours? Hadn't scored against them in any games for 5 or 6 years I think bar own goals. I say that because in recent years the likes of Agger, Kuyt, Gerrard, Dossena (!!), Torres, Crouch & Babel have all scored against them & often from recurring situations (i.e. Gerrard free kicks through collapsing walls or penalties earned by springing their backline & getting past fullbacks at OT). Quite a reversal from the dark days of the 90's no? Were most of their goals against us (Especially at Anfield) resembled Aggers or a sideways version of Kuyts from a corner & our defenders (especially the likes of Kvarme)? Made stuff ups like Vidic's against Torres a couple of seasons ago? Every bloody time we played them.

Particularly in yesterdays game though? I noticed a couple of distinct tactics we used on them - One? Was the second goal which I've seen us use against them a few times now - The counter attack executed at speed up the pitch & the resultant goal at the Kop? Were similar to both goals in the October '09 game & the long pass, flick on from Carroll tactics? I'm pretty sure we used before against them at OT for at least one Torres goal & maybe the Dossena one as well? But the Really Interesting tactic from us if you ask me? Was the first goal.

I know the keeper was crowded out as per such situations against a shite keeper & as they used time, time & time yet again against us with David James in the 90's but I'm sure I've seen the method Agger used to get the space to score used against us as well. Specifically? Twice by United themselves & to the benefit? Of Gary Fucking Pallister who only got about 5 goals in his whole career & in this game? Got nearly 50% of them with 2 against us. Those goals though? Were the result of a deliberate ploy I've Never seen repeated since.........Until yesterday. Basically? everyone whose big in the side bar a couple of large(ish - but not the biggest) defenders? Goes forward & blocks out the keeper whilst a couple of the larger (but not biggest) defenders together with one whose a Real tower - in this case Agger & I think Kelly & a couple of others (Henderson? Kelly?) Stay Back behind the penalty area resulting in a significant gap between the crowd on the goalline & the crowd waiting just beyond the penalty area. Then when the corner is taken?

Well, that's when The crowd waiting behind the penalty area All charge in en masse on different runs at the ball & more often than not if timed to perfection? This tactic will result in at least one of the crowd suddenly appearing in the penalty area? Getting a free header directly at goal unchallenged as nearly all the opposition's defenders & their goalie? Will be far to busy in the physical battle on the goalline with the rest of your sides bigger brutes. (in this case? Caroll, Kuyt etc). As I remember it in the 90's in the match I'm thinking of? That particular tactic against us with James in goal? Caused utter chaos & resulted in them getting 3 headers in succession, 1 of which hit the bar, then another was saved & then? Pallister scored. Well? We only needed one attempt at the same tactic yesterday for Agger to score - Thinking on? Pretty sure Kuyt used the same tactic against Everton & Benfica for a couple of goals a few seasons ago as well. Anyway well done Dan!! Thought he was due a goal against that mob having long since scored against the likes of Chelsea & Arsenal - Always wondered if he'd eventually net against those fuckers as well & very glad he did - Here's hoping for some more from him to come this year. Well done on a great week Redmen & here's hoping This time? You remember How to win for Wednesday night so we translate this form? Into the league & begin a run that the return of Luis & the chance of at least one trophy? Will only spur us into continuing - Let's make sure that was The turning point and? We only go up from here hopefully culminating in Luis holding the trophy up at Wembley in late February with one hand & showing the FA Just what he thinks of them with other.

Oh & Allow me to add to the general merriment at Them the other day & encapsulate my thoughts on That winner here by Saying?

GET IN YOU REDMEN!!! TAKE THAT & FUCK OFF YOU SNIDE, SLY, EVIL LYING MANC' & MEDIA BASTARDS!!!! AND EVRA? MEET NEMESIS AKA KARMA - HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR RELATIONSHIP. Yesterday was a Good start & Just think? To Add to the roar of the Kop behind you after Kuyt's goal? In a few weeks? You'll be meeting Luis again - Have Fun; I Know He will............ Now Fuck off Back to Manchester & take your Half Starved Pet Journo's with you - They've been away from their kennels & anything Like decent news or investigative work for Far to long!!!!

NB Did anyone else as I did? Think that Kuyt's late winner to knock Them out of the FA Cup at Precisely the same stage? Was revenge Not for what they did last season at OT but for when they dumped us out in similar fashion more than a decade ago in that sickening 1999 season when We dominated the game at OT & Solksjaer? Popped up with a Very similar goal to Kuyt's? Karma might take a while but in the case of Evra & the goals similarity? It Always gets you in the end...................

Edited by Redshadow

Before I forget also? Saturday's was a truly Great Atmosphere - Not quite as loud as any of the 3 but in a way? It reminded me of the Chelsea & City Semi-Finals to some extent. And rightly so - That is as it always Should be against Them whatever the competition. Oh & any 'Experience' factor Ferguson thinks he can count on at Anfield from their most recent groups of championship winners/veterans that the media always bang on about? Is long since gone and recently? Was never there. It's a very long time since they had the likes of Keane, Scholes in his pomp, Ferdinand & Vidic at their best & Ronaldo/Rooney at their strongest in their side & the 'aura' to match that they Always seemed to used to bring with them to Anfield. Witness this latest meeting once more for the latest example - They crumbled before the Anfield barrage from on & off the pitch Saturday (as empitomised by Evra for the winner) More? Their record at Anfield in recent times? Is absolutely atrocious - Not without reason either. More of the same for their next visit would be great along with similar results on the pitch of course. Here's hoping we can make a start by doing this at their place in a couple of weeks with You Know Who scoring the winner - If that happened? I honestly think Ferguson's head would explode & not before time..........

One other thing? Did anyone else, Think us being outplayed in the middle to an extent, was mainly due to tiredness? Once we got going & through the whole game back in October? We were by far the more dangerous/coherent side & they just seemed to slowly disintegrate as they often have against us recently; Now is it me or is what I've seen from us against them recently? The beginnings of something more than just us no longer being scared of them? I actually think? Kenny is gradually - Oh so very slowly but clearly noticeably now? Instilling into this team & squad? The belief that they are if not better than United? Their equals on the pitch against one another with us? Being the better team on the day & expecting to win when we play them by the looks of things - I think he's putting that into our team's heads whenever we play them now And eventually? He'll try & instill in us as well I think? That we are well capable of the same in relation to them over a season as well. It's starting to show to whenever we play them now - If we don't beat them? I now expect us to at least outplay &/or scare them & that's something? I never used to feel. As I said? I think it's so noticeable now because it was Never there before. Well? It is now & what's more? I think Ferguson's noticed this of late to - Hence the Suarez debacle & his utter Fury at Saturday's result. Well? Tough Luck Alex - There's Plenty more where that came from & not before time either - Something like what's happening now with us? Has been waaaaay overdue. Not any more...................

Before I forget also? Saturday's was a truly Great Atmosphere - Not quite as loud as any of the 3 but in a way? It reminded me of the Chelsea & City Semi-Finals to some extent. And rightly so - That is as it always Should be against Them whatever the competition. Oh & any 'Experience' factor Ferguson thinks he can count on at Anfield from their most recent groups of championship winners/veterans that the media always bang on about? Is long since gone and recently? Was never there. It's a very long time since they had the likes of Keane, Scholes in his pomp, Ferdinand & Vidic at their best & Ronaldo/Rooney at their strongest in their side & the 'aura' to match that they Always seemed to used to bring with them to Anfield. Witness this latest meeting once more for the latest example - They crumbled before the Anfield barrage from on & off the pitch Saturday (as empitomised by Evra for the winner) More? Their record at Anfield in recent times? Is absolutely atrocious - Not without reason either. More of the same for their next visit would be great along with similar results on the pitch of course. Here's hoping we can make a start by doing this at their place in a couple of weeks with You Know Who scoring the winner - If that happened? I honestly think Ferguson's head would explode & not before time..........

One other thing? Did anyone else, Think us being outplayed in the middle to an extent, was mainly due to tiredness? Once we got going & through the whole game back in October? We were by far the more dangerous/coherent side & they just seemed to slowly disintegrate as they often have against us recently; Now is it me or is what I've seen from us against them recently? The beginnings of something more than just us no longer being scared of them? I actually think? Kenny is gradually - Oh so very slowly but clearly noticeably now? Instilling into this team & squad? The belief that they are if not better than United? Their equals on the pitch against one another with us? Being the better team on the day & expecting to win when we play them by the looks of things - I think he's putting that into our team's heads whenever we play them now And eventually? He'll try & instill in us as well I think? That we are well capable of the same in relation to them over a season as well. It's starting to show to whenever we play them now - If we don't beat them? I now expect us to at least outplay &/or scare them & that's something? I never used to feel. As I said? I think it's so noticeable now because it was Never there before. Well? It is now & what's more? I think Ferguson's noticed this of late to - Hence the Suarez debacle & his utter Fury at Saturday's result. Well? Tough Luck Alex - There's Plenty more where that came from & not before time either - Something like what's happening now with us? Has been waaaaay overdue. Not any more...................

Did not rate the atmosphere to be honest, maybe it was because I was stuck in block KG in the lower cennie - what did everyone else think?

I was sat in 318 in the Main Stand, (right by the United fans), and, if I'm being honest, I thought the atmosphere form that lot was nothing special. Us lot were fucking bouncing.

Outside of that fucking abhorrent 'The S*n was right' chant, (which was sung by a vast majority of the away fans, although you'd be hard pressed to find a mention of it in the papers this morning), they were weirdly subdued considering.

They were more like people trying to get excited by an important game of football than people actually watching one. It was really fucking strange.

Whether it's just that spoilt, bloated ennui that years of success can deliver or that they've just lost faith in this current squad, (and manager?), I don't know and don't fucking care, but I can honestly say that they were nowhere fucking near being as loud or as fucking annoying as they like to pretend they are.

Norwich were louder, Swansea were more mental, City were wittier; (that comeback of Jolean Lescott.. He's top of the league, was fucking sharp), and even Q.P.R were more animated.

Never mind the result, If I was United fan I'd be more disappointed that the support was so fucking shit.

Have to give this a skip now. I got a hammering after the City game in the early hours Thursday morning. Two broken fucking teeth and swollen hooter with other various cuts and bruises. Bloody flights wasted and fat dentist bill to look forward to.Sick of soup all ready.

Fucking hell. Had two temporary crowns put in today.Then was told to get the permanent two fitted is going to cost over 2000euro and 3 months of treatment.

Has to be the most expensive pint I ever bought in the Grapes!

There were a couple of blokes behind me in the Centenary Upper and all they did was fucking moan from the first whistle. As soon as the whistle went to start they game, they were like.. “Sit down lads..” when we scored the first, about 5 seconds later they were like.. ”Sit down will you lads..”

During the game they went through pretty much every single player and slated him… Utter knobs, and these weren’t OTT, they were locals, in their late 50’s so would assume that they’ve been to a fair share of games…. One lad got into a slanging match with them when they started on Gerrard. “He’s finished, he’ll never be the same player..” “What Kenny sees in him I don’t know, if we can sell in the Jan window we should do…”

The best thing was when on 85 minutes, they both got up and left saying.... “I’ve had enough of this shite….”

Why do people bother? Save the £50 ticket money and spend it on something you actually enjoy.

All the soap box preaching from the likes of Holt, Barclay and all the other red nose bum chum brigade just made me want to throw up.I was booing Evra and it had nothing to do with the colour of his skin. Until I see physical prove that Lui can be seen or heard saying what he is to have so called said,then Evra got him banned unjustly and that is why I booed him. Like many of you at the game I heard the scum end chanting ,but nothing is said.

And you can bet anything that if Lui is to play at scumtrafford and the huge agro he will get will the arse boys of fleet street will say prety much nothing.

Edited by Wembley74
typing mistake

All the soap box preaching from the likes of Holt, Barclay and all the other red nose bum chum brigade just made me want to throw up.I was booing Evra and it had nothing to do with the colour of his skin. Until I see physical prove that Lui can be seen or heard saying what he is to have so called said,then Evra got him banned unjustly and that is why I booed him. Like many of you at the game I heard the scum end chanting ,but nothing is said.

And you can bet anything that if Lui is to play at scumtrafford and the agro he will get will the arse boys of fleet street say anything ? I doubt it very much

And you can bet anything that if Lui is to play at scumtrafford and the agro he will get will the arse boys of fleet street say anything ? I doubt it very much

Yes it was

Just wanted to say I loved Dirk's celebration on Sat. He was just soaking it up from The Kop. Here's a pic

www .firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kuyt. jpg

but if you can find the sky slowmo reply from the corner with Main I'd recommend.

Man's got a bond with this club that was clear to see in that celebration.

Well done Redmen, did their jobs and made me cheer and smile. Thats all I ask in the end. **** the naysayers, we are LFC and better than them.