You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

i'm after a minorly important favour

Bob

hopefully someone clever can assist...

a colleague of mine pushed her boyfriend down the stairs at the weekend and broke his foot and smashed his head open.

I want to change several peoples ringtones to be the line "dont push me, 'cause i'm close to the edge, i'm trying not to lose my head, aha ha ha ha" from Grandmaster Flash's "The Message".

As its not anywhere near the first few seconds of the song, simply using the song will be too cryptic, so if someone could capture just the bit i want on an mp3 (or whatever will work on a HTC phone) that would be just splendid.

rep forthcoming, obviously.

I've done it before on my iphone and it was a bit of a ballache but it can be done. Follow these instructions, if you can :

How to Make My iTunes Songs into Ringtones for My iPhone | Tech Tips on Salon.com

Step 1

Click on and select the song you want to make an iPhone ringtone from in your iTunes library. Right-click on the song. Select "Get Info" from the menu that pops up.

Step 2

Click "Options" from the top of the information window. Enter a segment of the song to serve as your ringtone, up to 40 seconds in length, in the Start Time and Stop Time fields. Click "OK."

Step 3

Create a cut, converted AAC version of your selected song segment by clicking "Advanced," "Create AAC Version." You should hear a dinging bell sound, and a file appears below the original with the same name but with a different figure in the Time column. This version is in AAC format and is only the portion of the song you chose.

Step 4

Change the extension of the converted file by clicking "File," "Show in Windows Explorer" in iTunes. Right-click on the file and choose "Rename" from the appearing menu. In the extension portion, which reads ".m4a," type ".m4r" instead.

Step 5

Keep the Windows Explorer folder open but return to iTunes. Reselect the shortened AAC file if it is not already selected and choose "Edit," "Delete" from the menu bar. Choose "Remove" from the appearing dialog box. Click "Keep File" in the next dialog box. This allows you to reimport the file as a ringtone instead of a music file.

Step 6

Bring up the Windows Explorer window again. Click and drag the .m4r file to the iTunes window. Release the mouse and locate the file in the Ringtones library panel at the left of the application.

Step 7

Connect your iPhone and drag the ringtone from the Ringtones library to the "Devices" icon in the source panel. After a short syncing period, iTunes alerts you that you may disconnect the iPhone. The ringtone is available for you to use on your phone.

got you covered...i will need a little time to finish my conference call and to loop the sample. i will upload it to a public service so you can dl it.

thats the sort of assistance this place is famous for, good man. Only shame is that you didnt do it during your conference call, that would be more like "the liverpool way" way.

Download mp3 trim, it will take seconds to do it, then upload it to your dog.

It's not working. I've tried uploading it to my dog, but he doesn't like me inserting the other end of the USB cable into his arsehole, and keeps running away, thereby breaking the connection.

here is take 2 with a better time-stretch on the vocals

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Does browsing for acapellas on random quasi-legal sites during my meeting count?

all the effort (including the multiple posts) has been much appreciated, but is ultimately futile. Someone else got there first and pmd me what i needed and i've distributed it already.

To make matters worse, as the original was good enough for my needs, i'm not even going to download yours to hear it, as i dont need to.

Please dont feel disheartened though. You now have passed the 15 post threshold, which brings you one step further integrated into our community and is a step on the ladder, a notch in the bedpost if you will, which you can recount to your grandchildren with pride.

Also, i repped you simply for making the effort, so not all is lost.

all the effort (including the multiple posts) has been much appreciated, but is ultimately futile. Someone else got there first and pmd me what i needed and i've distributed it already.

To make matters worse, as the original was good enough for my needs, i'm not even going to download yours to hear it, as i dont need to.

Please dont feel disheartened though. You now have passed the 15 post threshold, which brings you one step further integrated into our community and is a step on the ladder, a notch in the bedpost if you will, which you can recount to your grandchildren with pride.

Also, i repped you simply for making the effort, so not all is lost.

Nasty cunt!!