You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

He wont definitely be playing. He'll be on the bench and will only make an appearancein the last 5 minutes if the game is won or lost and he's the last throw of the dice.

I really don't care if he plays or not. The point is his team is actually there at all and, from his pov, he would prefer that to a Carling Cup win. Hence he will not be regretting his move to Chelsea. Nor would he have ever done so.

The saddest thing about this post is that it makes perfect sense to you.

And the saddest thing about this post is that it never made perfect sense to you.

Fernando was such a class act that he forgot to put a black armband on in the semi.

Their support couldn't keep their mouths shut for one minute and only Drogba & Terry kept their armbands on.

So forgive me if I feel a bit fucking raw towards all things Chelsea at the minute.

And the saddest thing about this post is that it never made perfect sense to you.

Fernando was such a class act that he forgot to put a black armband on in the semi.

Their support couldn't keep their mouths shut for one minute and only Drogba & Terry kept their armbands on.

So forgive me if I feel a bit fucking raw towards all things Chelsea at the minute.

Ah fair play to John Terry. The bastion of humility and respect. I shall adjust my moral compass immediately

I really don't care if he plays or not. The point is his team is actually there at all and, from his pov, he would prefer that to a Carling Cup win. Hence he will not be regretting his move to Chelsea. Nor would he have ever done so.

You think he's happy being a total outcast and bit part player in a team that might win the champions league? He's a total embarrassment and winning a trophy at this point will be immaterial to him IMO because he hasn't contributed. He knows that if Chelsea win it will be in spite of him. Not what he signed up for when he went to a 'big club'.

You think he's happy being a total outcast and bit part player in a team that might win the champions league? He's a total embarrassment and winning a trophy at this point will be immaterial to him IMO because he hasn't contributed. He knows that if Chelsea win it will be in spite of him. Not what he signed up for when he went to a 'big club'.

He's probably not happy at being on the bench, no. But regretting his move to Chelsea? Not a chance in my view.

Yes, I'm sure Torres is thinking that right now, having just scored the winning goal in a European Cup semi-final at the Nou Camp.

"Oh, woe is me. I wish I'd stayed at Liverpool. I wish I could have been part of that glorious Carling Cup victory over Cardiff and Liverpool's worst league performance for 20 years!

Oh well, never mind. I'll have to make do with playing Bayern or Real Madrid in the European Cup final."

This did not happen.

The fellas who has to be gutted is Miereles - silly challenge in the 90th minute. He has been an integral part of their success.

every time I've seen him for them he has been pretty shit, I wasn't really fussed that he left us as I think Henderson should become much better and I wanted Aquilani rather than Meireles too but he obviously does have some quality but Chelsea just seem to play him deep and he is ineffective there

every time I've seen him for them he has been pretty shit, I wasn't really fussed that he left us as I think Henderson should become much better and I wanted Aquilani rather than Meireles too but he obviously does have some quality but Chelsea just seem to play him deep and he is ineffective there

For someone who has been 'pretty shit' he has scored more for them than Downing and Henderson have for us combined.

We could have done with that level of shitness this year.

If you watched the 2nd leg of the Barca v Chelsea game then you probably need to re-visit that view. He was easily as good as anyone else on the pitch and by a distance their best midfielder. He’d an excellent game in a role he’s not used to and was key to them getting through.

I know many Liverpool will want to put their hands over their eyes as usual and pretend we are much better off this season without him, but the truth is we are not.

If you watched the 2nd leg of the Barca v Chelsea game then you probably need to re-visit that view. He was easily as good as anyone else on the pitch and by a distance their best midfielder. He’d an excellent game in a role he’s not used to and was key to them getting through.

I know many Liverpool will want to put their hands over their eyes as usual and pretend we are much better off this season without him, but the truth is we are not.

I agree.

I hate the way that the term world class is abused. Any sensible definition icludes performing on the big stage with the pressure on against top class opposition. A CL 2nd leg semi against Barcelona qulaifies on that score - and he did it.

I miss him in his pomp, and I miss the glory games he played for us .

Make no mistake Chelsea have in Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Cech four players in the FA Cup final who lnow that their chances of winning more honours are dwindling fast and in Nando a player who will want to prove a point - that is a potent an dangerous combination at Wembley.

I thought they all played really well on the day but don't think he was particularly better than any one else but yeah saying everytime was a generalisation, I don't think we are better without him but I don't think if he had stayed our season would be much different

I agree.

I hate the way that the term world class is abused. Any sensible definition icludes performing on the big stage with the pressure on against top class opposition. A CL 2nd leg semi against Barcelona qulaifies on that score - and he did it.

Make no mistake Chelsea have in Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Cech four players in the FA Cup final who lnow that their chances of winning more honours are dwindling fast and in Nando a player who will want to prove a point - that is a potent an dangerous combination at Wembley.

What are these glory games you refer to that Meireles played for us?

I agree.

what the fuck?! so you can be average all season, play well against Barca and suddenly be world class, and when did we have glory games with Meireles in the side, don't remember any cup final, semi and massive league victories in the time he was at the club

So that'll make it 4 times he's played Liverpool since he dogged it down to London without actually returning to Anfield, where he was once so loved.

Probably ask to not even be on the bench so he avoids the inevitable abuse coming his way. Prick.

what the fuck?! so you can be average all season, play well against Barca and suddenly be world class, and when did we have glory games with Meireles in the side, don't remember any cup final, semi and massive league victories in the time he was at the club

Yes, being world class is about doing it when it really matters, in the crucial games, against the best opposition, on the biggest stages.

Torres' status in that category is beyond dispute.

If you wish to discuss Meireles you may wish to start a new thread.

Yes, being world class is about doing it when it really matters, in the crucial games, against the best opposition, on the biggest stages.

Torres' status in that category is beyond dispute.

If you wish to discuss Meireles you may wish to start a new thread.

And if you do sweet bugger all the rest of the time?

Torres status in that category WAS beyond dispute, you don't get a lifetime pass to the "world class" club because of prior form, just ask Mr del Bosque.

And if you do sweet bugger all the rest of the time?

Torres status in that category WAS beyond dispute' date=' you don't get a lifetime pass to the "world class" club because of prior form, just ask Mr del Bosque.[/quote']

I agree.

Torres has been poor at Chelsea, and was poor for us in his last 18 months.

His goal, however, was a reminder that he still has what it takes.

I agree.

I dont see what the big deal is about the goal ye it put the game beyond Barca but its not the type of goal which would make you say hes coming back to his form he had with us.

He picked it up around the half way line with no Barca defenders and just the goalie to beat. N'gog scored a goal like that for us against the mancs

Guest San Don
I agree.

Erm, he had a 10 meter head start on Puyol as barca were all out committed to trying to get the winner. He was played a long ball out of defence to a classic sucker punch. Sure he had to beat valdes who seems to think he's Spain's number one keeper but let's not think this was a goal where he out sprinted the defender from a standing start!

I saw sky were saying he 'scored the goal that took chelsea to the champions league final.' Did he? looked to me like chelshit were going through on away goals.

Anyway, the fact is he's only likely to play the last 5 or 10 minutes of the CL final unless dogbreath is unfit.