You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

Actually the content is not good either.

There is often a lack of evidence, and an inability to present and structure a coherent argument.

I am well aware that this is due to a lack of education and that his emotional instability is due to his personal background.

However, this type of material illustrates nothing, uncovers nothing and perhaps even harms the pursuit of serious criminals by harming the credibility of the growing belief of serious organised crime.

Police search Cliff Richard's home

Last updated 4 minutes ago

Police are searching a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.

A number of items were removed from the property in the Sunningdale area for further investigation, but no arrests have been made.

A police spokesman said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.

The search is not connected to Operation Yewtree, police said.

But officers from that operation have been notified, a South Yorkshire Police spokesman added.

Sir Cliff, born Harry Webb, is one of the most successful British musicians of all time.

He has sold 21.5 million singles - more than any other male British artist - and is the only performer to have had at least one UK top five album in each of the last seven decades.

He has represented the UK in the Eurovision song contest twice and in 2013 released the 100th album of his career.

He was knighted in 1995 and performed at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace in 2012.

Someone I know worked for over two decades in Hostels and Halfway Houses up and down the country. He told me the amount of men waiting or having received pay outs from abuse they received at so called Care Homes was staggering. The number in Liverpool in connection with North Wales Homes was very high apparently. Amazing how it was kept so hush hush, You would think notables were involved or something.

It has been rumoured for quite long that he was a peado and may get outed, you would think they will find absolutely nothing at his house, he has had more than enough time to get rid of any evidence

That and the fact he has a house and citizenship on an \island with no extradition with Britain.

I said to my arl fell on Tuesday that I was surprised that even he hadn't been dragged in for questioning at the very least, considering they were quick to bring Freddie Starr in. And pointed out to him that surely there must have been some allegations.

He replied, "Cliff's dead religous isn't he and clean cut". I raised my eyebrow at this suggestion and mentioned the sterling work the Catholic church has done in raising the profile of nonces.

And he spent 30 years in the police.

Ha! Detective Constable my arse.

What evidence could they hope to find about a 'historic' sex allegation in his apartment in 2014?

Apparently a lot of the time it's for corroboration, if one or more victims of alleged offences describe a possession or a location e.g. room of a house for example of the perpetrator it supports the credibility of the victim's statement.