You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rooney is overhyped by the very fact he is english. "The white pele" some say or " a player who can do things no other english player can". And for that reason we are led to believe he is something he isnt. A player who can drop off the front or have a dribble (even though I think the mancs have knocked this out of him) means he's different so must therefore be great. In any latin country he'd be one of many good players. I've no doubt Luis has the better feet although he needs to be more clinical. As far as finishing goes I think RVP is above them both but if I could choose any striker in the league I'd go for Suarez everytime, his all round play is tremendous and he's been man of the match in just about every game i've watched us play this year (bar spurs away), only Silva is performing on a higher level in england now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney is overhyped by the very fact he is english. "The white pele" some say or " a player who can do things no other english player can". And for that reason we are led to believe he is something he isnt. A player who can drop off the front or have a dribble (even though I think the mancs have knocked this out of him) means he's different so must therefore be great. In any latin country he'd be one of many good players. I've no doubt Luis has the better feet although he needs to be more clinical. As far as finishing goes I think RVP is above them both but if I could choose any striker in the league I'd go for Suarez everytime, his all round play is tremendous and he's been man of the match in just about every game i've watched us play this year (bar spurs away), only Silva is performing on a higher level in england now.

As much as I hate Rooney, one thing I have to give credit to him is that he's more complete than your normal striker. His passing and ability to bring orhers in is something I really like. As a pure striker i think there are few better.

I also think Suarez is little bit more raw than both rooney and van persie. Suarez has fantastic ability and can become anything he wants. But at times his finishing and composure lets him down. I think that will come with age and 2 years from now we could be talking about the best striker in the world.

rvp is superior technically and has more football intelligence

Intelligence? From Batman's thicko gay sidekick?

Superior technically?! I haven't seen Van Persie twist a clutch of defenders into a muddle of legs like Suarez does on a consistent basis. He's more partial to strain his groin leaning over to pick up one his replacement knee-caps that's popped off like a champagne cork.

Van Persie is a better finisher, but the number of chances Suarez creates for himself & gets on the end of indicate that he'll score bags of goals in the Ronaldo quantities once he adjust to Premiership standard goalkeepers.

Let's not forget it doesn't take quite such lethal finishing to score in the Dutch league - hence his 48 goals or whatever it was the other year. Sooner or later his shots will start hitting the corners rather than the keeper's legs and we'll have a have a goal scorer as prolific as Torres, but without the over reliance on pace.

You keep Van Persie. Well, for a while, until he decides to leave for the European football on offer at a better run club.

Van persie is a better play IMO, he has everything bar good fitness. He is a class finisher, great at bringing in players,passing, his touch is fuckin' amazing etc

However i would have saurez in my team mainly because he can stay fit. either way you can't go wrong with both of them.

Would van persie in our team.

Who is better and why?

Not read the thread so sorry if I say anything that's already been said. Van Persie is a fantastic player but Suarez is a genius and is not yet at an age where most players are considered to be in their prime so has the potential to get even better. But if Van Persie proves his fitness this season would be happy for us to buy him and pair him with Suarez :-)

Guest SpiderLucas
Yep. And that is probably also why van Persie can't be classed as world class.

Exactly that mate, Arsenal can’t rely on him because at some point he will break down.

I don’t know who that Abs is but I’m guessing he’s an Arsenal fan, for him to say Van Persie is a more intelligent football than Suarez is mock able.

I think if you had 10 boxes with the main attributes which make up a good striker in each one, Suarez would tick more of the boxes.

Suarez is better. Van Persie is having a purple patch but Suarez is at his usual career level, with perhaps more to come if he can form a partnership or start finishing a bit better. Van Persie is a good player though, especially if fit. But Suarez does things most players can't even dream about.

Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world. He's finally found fitness in my opinion and I think he'll play in most of Arsenal's games this year. His scoring record is something like 32 in 31 so it's more than just a purple patch. RVP and Suarez would form a world class strike force as they both carry very familiar traits but would compliment each other superbly.

I do prefer Suarez but I think Van Persie is being under rated on here and if he had fitness he would be amongst the best in world football.

Edit: The last sentence was meant to read:

'I do prefer Suarez but I think Van Persie is being under rated on here and if he can prove he has fitness he would be amongst the best in world football.'

Otherwise it sounds like I'm contradicting myself. I do believe he has found it, now it's time for him to show it.