You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

STAT PACK - LIVERPOOL V NORWICH CITY (17:30)

TLW

easports.gif

• Last weekend against Manchester United talismanic midfielder Steven Gerrard made his first start in six months following a groin operation and responded by covering more ground than anyone on the pitch with 12.976km, contributing to an overall distance covered of 121.091km by Liverpool.
  • Leiva Lucas had the highest average speed for a Liverpool player with 6.07mph. Lucas has won 92% of tackles he has attempted this season.

• Jose Enrique is Liverpool’s top ranked player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index in 24th place. The full back has put in 18 crosses and won 83% of tackles entered into this season

• Norwich have continue to perform above expectations this season and beat fellow Barclays Premier League new boys Swansea 3-1 last week

• Norwich remain the hardest working team in the Premier League after covering 142.522km in the game

• Norwich midfielder Bradley Johnson received media plaudits last week for having covered so much ground in the Premier League, and he responded with a lung busting 14.14km distance in the game against Swansea. Miraculously, this was not the most distance covered by a Norwich player, David Fox responded to the challenge and the new that his team cover the most distance overall with 14.286km covered.

• Russell Martin also covered over 14km in the game (14.067km). The trios achievements are even more remarkable given no player had covered over 14km in a game until this match (although this was assisted with 8 minutes added on)

• Norwich defender Russell Martin and midfielder Anthony Pilkington both made the EA SPORTS Player Performance index team of the week after their performances in that game

• Pilkington has scored 3 goals this season from 6 attempts at goal while also putting in 12 crosses and competing 13 dribbles and 66 passes in his opponents half in 7 appearances

• Marc Tierney continued his rise up the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to 54th place, making him the highest ranked Norwich City player on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index

I am so weary of stats altogether now. I always wonder who is compiling them and is there a standard as sometimes things players do are debateable.. Last week in the first half I can remember at least 4 occassions were Lucas categorically gave the ball away He attempted a pass and it went straight to a Man Utd player. At half time on those foreign channels they have a stat comparison. It was Lucas and a Manc midfielder. It came up Lucas misplaced passes - 1. This is obviously just a one off occassion when I have noticed it but gives an example why I think the majority of the time you are best judging things with your own eyes and not someone elses tally which could easily be incorrect.

[*]Leiva Lucas had the highest average speed for a Liverpool player with 6.07mph. Lucas has won 92% of tackles he has attempted this season.

What is this Dave, where do they get this stuff from, is there a link to this?

Its a load of bollocks so I`d like to get to the bottom of it.

And for you comedians above, go sniff some glue.

Bwahahahahahaha!

A set of stats you don't believe and they're a load of bollocks?

Seriously, I'm pissing myself here...

Well considering Lucas have won around 72% of his tackles this season it would be interesting to know why they are operating with numbers close to 100.

If Soccernet or some site out there the mancs down with 30 points already this season it would be nice to know how and why.

So you've counted every single tackle Lucas has attempted and used your own 'special' judgement to decide whether or not he won said tackle?

Or are you using someone else's data set?

A bit like Dave is?

Statistics and their methodology - strangely, they differ and are open to interpretation...

Who's to say the data on the other sites isn't false?

Just because Dave's stats make Lucas look effective, doesn't mean they're wrong...

Are you disagreeing with all the other stats about distance covered?

I cant say anything about them as I have nothing to cross check them with.

But I do with tackles both attempted, won and lost.

Considering the source though it might be these stats are from online games, looks like it.