You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things that are really tall

Pony Princess

Heights turn my stomach so I like to watch videos of heights, its kinda like a self-improvement program.

[YOUTUBE]7k4Xk1mEwmI[/YOUTUBE]

I swear to god as I watch this my stomach is doing little flips. I know I'm not at risk of falling but my mind won't accept that. How much do you reckon these guys get paid? Anyone got any more good ones?

I love that shit. I climb onto high shit for a living, and although i'll admit to a few nerves from time to time the adrenaline is immense.

I've cliff jumped some insane rocks in my time, and a claim to fame of mine is the fact i've done the biggest bungy in the world, although i hear there's now a bigger one in South Africa or Japan which i will attempt once funds will allow.

I love that shit. I climb onto high shit for a living, and although i'll admit to a few nerves from time to time the adrenaline is immense.

I've cliff jumped some insane rocks in my time, and a claim to fame of mine is the fact i've done the biggest bungy in the world, although i hear there's now a bigger one in South Africa or Japan which i will attempt once funds will allow.

Tell me more please mate. I'm fascinated by the vids of the guys who climb the pylons - they must be getting loads of danger money but its almost like a bit of fun for them. Can't help but feel envious of someone who has a job that gives adrenaline rushes.

I really want to go to the Grand Canyon for this:

SkywalkFromOutsideLedge.jpg

_42708593_grand_canyon_4_416.gif

I'm going to Nevada next month, hiring a Harley and going round monument valley, grand canyon etc. I've been told to avoid the skywalk as people say it is a rip off. You are not allowed to take pictures, have to pay them for their pictures etc. I'd go anyway to have a nose but its way off the beaten track of the usual amazing viewpoints, the west, southwest and south rims (snigger) but its a pure hike and the road isn't suitable for motorbikes.

[YOUTUBE]tfZ1NyS6Mzw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]68fJP35FxyQ[/YOUTUBE]

Oldie but goodie. Has there been a thread on this kinda thing before then?

I've got to be honest, i pooped a little bit when that guy stands up on the first clip. That's like, higher than Keith Richard's cat.

Tell me more please mate. I'm fascinated by the vids of the guys who climb the pylons - they must be getting loads of danger money but its almost like a bit of fun for them. Can't help but feel envious of someone who has a job that gives adrenaline rushes.

I only climb houses, flats and similar 'small' structures but you wouldn't get most people doing it. The health and safety element has gone mad - when im on a chimney these days it looks like im about to go mountineering with all the safety ropes and harnesses i have to wear. To be honest i love that side of the job, there's something empowering about being really high and looking down on everyone. I was always really scared of heights as a kid, then i decided to combat it by doing a skydive. Now i work at heights as i job - and i love it. Life works in mysterious ways.

Fucking nut jobs!

I used to have no problem with heights, as a teen outward bound activities were my thing, abseiling, climbing heights didn't scare me at all. That chapel i've posted pictures of, it'd be nothing for me to climb along it with no harness to get in through one of the windows.

For some reason i'm suddenly aware of how easy it would be to die as a result of fucking up. Doesn't appeal so much and even the thought can make me heave. I was driving over Pont Normandie this summer and i wanted to get out and kiss the ground as we reached the other side (of the second bridge) I'm finding myself chickening out of some white knuckle rides too.