You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Basically, is there any?

I've been there twice before and we've just driven straight to the ground and either gone into one of the hotels / Harvester's there or straight inside the ground.

Getting the train down on Saturday and was wondering if there is any near the station / on the way to the ground, which are decent and not likely to see me have my head kicked in by one of the neanderthals who live there?

Also, how far is it to walk from the station to the ground?

Cheers

Get the train and the police will direct you to the student's union near ge station.

Buses take you to the ground from there.

Is there anywhere to go for a bevy near there?

Worth stating our train arrives just before midday on Saturday. None of us will have any colours on.

Will we still get herded to the buses?

Edited by Paulie Gualtier

Is there anywhere to go for a bevy near there?

Worth stating our train arrives just before midday on Saturday. None of us wwill have any colours on.

Will we still get herded to the buses?

Last season there were a hundred or so Liverpool fans in the Students Union bar.

The ground is in a sort of retail park like the one in Speke.

Apparently there's a 5 a side place with a bar in it that you can go to near, but i've never been to it. My mate was there a few years ago and there was a few scuffles when our fans started singing.

I went to watch Stoke Spurs one week last season cos i had free tickets and we found a pub full of Spurs fans near the train station, but anytime i've got off the train when i'm going to watch us, the police have just told us to just go to Students Union. Then we got brought to the ground on buses from there. I wasn't wearing colours either.

Last season there were a hundred or so Liverpool fans in the Students Union bar.

The ground is in a sort of retail park like the one in Speke.

Apparently there's a 5 a side place with a bar in it that you can go to near, but i've never been to it. My mate was there a few years ago and there was a few scuffles when our fans started singing.

I went to watch Stoke Spurs one week last season cos i had free tickets and we found a pub full of Spurs fans near the train station, but anytime i've got off the train when i'm going to watch us, the police have just told us to just go to Students Union. Then we got brought to the ground on buses from there. I wasn't wearing colours either.

Ok, cheers.

Just having a look on Google Maps and there seems to be a couple of boozers on Church St (inc a Wetherspoons), which is just off where the buses to the ground run from apparently.

10 mins walk according to Google Maps.

The pub is called The Wheatsheaf. Google it to get directions. There is a couple more on that road as well.

Its also a regular haunt for alot of the stoke boys before a game, so tread carefully, its kicked off there many times before now.

Its also a regular haunt for alot of the stoke boys before a game, so tread carefully, its kicked off there many times before now.

Spot on ^^ my mates mum used to run it, Head for hanley, signposted the potteries shopping centre, there's at least half a dozen decent bars around there, plenty of student clunge

Unknown road to Bryan St - Google Maps

the place aint as bad as made out, they do like the fisticuffs mind, certainly not inbred as there's more fucking asylum seekers there these days than natives

There's a bar 2 minutes from the ground on the retail park mate, it may have been a 5 a side place as someone said earlier but I can't remember to be honest. We got in early doors last season and it was spot on. Loads of reds in colours along with a load of Stoke, no trouble whatsoever.

Or you can get off at Crewe which is a stop or 2 before and there's a bar 100 yards from the station called the corner bar which is ran by my mates dad. He's an exiled scouser and you'll be welcome there. Then jump back on the train about 2ish. That's what I've done the couple of times I've been to Stoke away.