You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Gutted for our players but it is fucking hilarious to see that fraud get found out. Gerrard getting stick too but Hodgson basically stuck him in a system that doesnt suit and expected it to work. How does that work?

He's a bluffer. 

Gutted for our players but it is fucking hilarious to see that fraud get found out. Gerrard getting stick too but Hodgson basically stuck him in a system that doesnt suit and expected it to work. How does that work?

He's a bluffer.

No system works for England. They are technically and tactically inferior to at least a dozen other teams at this world cup.

I dont know how many times it needs to be said about English footballers but money doesnt equal world class players and a world class international team. It never has and most likely never will.

I couldnt give a toss about England but its ridiculous to watch these deluded people think every time is going to be different.

No system works for England. They are technically and tactically inferior to at least a dozen other teams at this world cup.

I dont know how many times it needs to be said about English footballers but money doesnt equal world class players and a world class international team. It never has and most likely never will.

I couldnt give a toss about England but its ridiculous to watch these deluded people think every time is going to be different.

Dont agree with that. They had 5 of our players plus 2 or 3 others that would compliment it. This is the most technical players England have had for years. With a proper manager with some balls to drop Rooney they would have been a much better side. 

• Upvote 2

According to the RTE lads over here in Ireland, who were particularly on their game last night, England lost due to a lack of agression stemming from Hodgson's passiveness compared to the Uruguay manager's passion.

Hodgson looks like a junior civil servant, apparently, while Uruguay's manager has been down a few back alleys in his time. Also, England have no players who would "kill their Granny".

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/worldcup/2014/0619/625148-analysis-where-now-for-england/

According to the RTE lads over here in Ireland, who were particularly on their game last night, England lost due to a lack of agression stemming from Hodgson's passiveness compared to the Uruguay manager's passion.

Hodgson looks like a junior civil servant, apparently, while Uruguay's manager has been down a few back alleys in his time. Also, England have no players who would "kill their Granny".

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/worldcup/2014/0619/625148-analysis-where-now-for-england/

Rooney would shag his Granny . Does that count ?
  • Upvote 5

He's a bluffer. 

He won't be found out in a general sense though, will he?

He'll keep his job and Gerrard will be scapegoated for everything.

Which says everything about the FA and why Kazakhstan, San Marino or Luxembourg are more likely to win a major tournament in the next 100 years.

http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/world-cup-news-2014/luis-suarez-serves-up-humble-pie-to-roy-hodgsons-england-20140620-zsfnq.html

Mostly, though, the main talking point had been Hodgson's remarks about Suarez.

They are worth repeating: "You can be a great player in your league but to be recognised as one of the all-time greats you have got to do it at the World Cup.”

When Suarez finally calmed down, and had his apparent injury treated, he gave the England manager a short jab. Luckily, it wasn't a bite.

"I dreamt this," he said. "I'm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go."

well you know. I have always fought vat luis has been a vewy good player, but he hadn't done it a world cup yet. I still fink vat vat is ve case. I fink we gifted him vose goals, so instead of him being world class, i fink it was down to individual errors that cost us.

But i dont' regret saying what i did when i said it no. I just wish the players had don ve jobs we asked of vem properly, so i could have won the world cup. I felt i did evwyfing dat i could to get us ve victory, but the players have to look at vemselves.  

• Upvote 2

well you know. I have always fought vat luis has been a vewy good player, but he hadn't done it a world cup yet. I still fink vat vat is ve case. I fink we gifted him vose goals, so instead of him being world class, i fink it was down to individual errors that cost us.

But i dont' regret saying what i did when i said it no. I just wish the players had don ve jobs we asked of vem properly, so i could have won the world cup. I felt i did evwyfing dat i could to get us ve victory, but the players have to look at vemselves.  

Hilarious stuff.