You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shite

No this isn't a thread about the blueshite or the Manc cunts unfortunately.

We have one month left to get rid of all the shite in our squad bought by previous managers. We all know who these players are, mostly of which are on scandalous wages and have done absolute fuck all for it since they joined us.

How on earth are we going to shift them? Who is gonna be stupid enough to match their wages or even more stupid enough to pay money for their services?

I personally would be quite happy just lining them all up against a wall (along with the managers that bought them) with a rifle and take them out one by one.

Anyone know who if any contracts are due to thank fuckfully run out next summer?

How come there aren't any other threads discussing this? Just what we needed. Good job.

Sorry mate. Still fuming from tonight's game and seeing these some of these fuckers still wearing the club shirt, when our younger players could have played instead.

Can someone then delete this thread if you think it's appropriate.

Sorry mate. Still fuming from tonight's game and seeing these some of these fuckers still wearing the club shirt, when our younger players could have played instead.

Can someone then delete this thread if you think it's appropriate.

Actually, I apologise. I was being arsey and you took it well. There was no need on my part. I'm starting to develop troll tendancies. Not good.

We should be able to get rid of ngog and aquilani. At least there's interest in them.

Aquilani will more than likely have to out on loan.

That's because they're the only decent ones from the unflushable turds.

I personally would rather keep Aquilani for this season and not loan him out as he'll only be back next summer and we'll be in exactly the same situation. If you want him, pay up or just fuck right off.

If, as I suspect, we're not hurting for cash but simply for trimming the wage bill a bit, then I'd go with Truckerpaddy's suggestion.

Get what we can for players who have attracted some interest like Aquilani, N'Gog etc. We shouldn't hold out for like £10m for Aquilani and £6m for N'Gog as is being widely reported, that's insane.

Essentially, we should take what we can get for any player we need to get rid of who can command a transfer fee, and use that money to pay off some of the utterly shit players who can't command a transfer fee, such as messers Insua and Degen. If that means selling players on the cheap, so be it. If it means selling someone like Meireles, so be it.

Obviously, that's just some wild idea, I know fuck all about this, but I do suspect that we'll have to give some players a golden fuck off to get rid of them.

why not.

I don't see why footballers can't be treated any different from other 'skilled workers' Surely poor performance over a sustained period in any work place is just cause for getting the sack

It's a good call, but I expect normal contracts have more detail in the disciplinary procedure than football contracts. It is maddening to think though that Joe Cole for instance could cost us another £15M in wages and contribute the square root of fuck all.

What I'm worried about really is not about the useless lot who we saw today disgracing the red shirt, but rather the quality of our new signings. We'll somehow get rid of those lame bunch; we can't do the same with the new lot. God help us fellows!

I will be back to neg this tomorrow when I have juice.

Essentially, we should take what we can get for any player we need to get rid of who can command a transfer fee, and use that money to pay off some of the utterly shit players who can't command a transfer fee, such as messers Insua and Degen.

I assumed we got rid of him because I haven't heard his name mentioned in so long. Thanks for that reminder!

What I'm worried about really is not about the useless lot who we saw today disgracing the red shirt, but rather the quality of our new signings. We'll somehow get rid of those lame bunch; we can't do the same with the new lot. God help us fellows!

Given Doni was our only new signing playing this is quite a strange post

If, as I suspect, we're not hurting for cash but simply for trimming the wage bill a bit, then I'd go with Truckerpaddy's suggestion.

Get what we can for players who have attracted some interest like Aquilani, N'Gog etc. We shouldn't hold out for like £10m for Aquilani and £6m for N'Gog as is being widely reported, that's insane.

Essentially, we should take what we can get for any player we need to get rid of who can command a transfer fee, and use that money to pay off some of the utterly shit players who can't command a transfer fee, such as messers Insua and Degen. If that means selling players on the cheap, so be it. If it means selling someone like Meireles, so be it.

Obviously, that's just some wild idea, I know fuck all about this, but I do suspect that we'll have to give some players a golden fuck off to get rid of them.

Christ, is this one still here? BTW, 'golden fuck off'. Love that one!

Its not good for moral having shit like Degen and Jovanavic hanging around squad picking up big wages, they need to be paid off to go.

At least with Cole and Poulsen I think they want to play and will move of they get a chance but we'll have to pay part of wages.

Insua and Ngog are young but never gona cut it, and we should pick up a couple of million each for both off somebody.

The Aqualani situation who knows what's going on as his rent a mouth agent changes his mind everyday.

I just don't get the point of the Doni transfer given Jones was happy to sit on bench, truly pointless signing unless Jones was sold.

Listening to Aldo last night he said he'd be content not signing anybody if we got rid of the deadwood, I can understand that.

I thought Merelis would have been sold myself.